SFN55.2, SFQ55, SFN60, SFQ60, SFS80 and SFH55 LED info

Mounted. The LED+ pad on the LED has a notched out corner which matched the MCPCB. Funny because the SBT90.2 had the notch on the opposite end of the pad, so didn't match the MCPCB (not shown here though):

Single pair of 18 AWG wires:

Nice moon mode with Anduril 2:

Hope we can get it here in eu,want to try the sfn55.2 in some small but powerful edc :smiling_imp:

based on the Nightwatch LED reference table re-posted,

the note indicates SFS80 LED "is to be discontinued" but it's being used by the Astrolux A03 and Astrolux FT03-Mini "Upgraded".

Also, there is "SFN55" LED in the table, but any idea if it refers to the same "SFN55.2" LED used by the Mateminco MT70 variant?

The comparison table lists SBT90.2 LED at 18 Amps yields around 4800 lumens, and at "max safe current of 31 Amps"

( "max safe current" probably just refers to the LED should not burn up at that current, although life cycle might still get reduced? )

SFH55 indicates 25 Amps yields 9100 lumens,

and 62 Amps yields 14100 lumens = but how to provide 62 Amps of power to the LED?

Maybe the 26980 battery offered by Nealsgadgets?

Or multiple cells with thick wires/contacts everywhere and a very good driver

I just bought a Mateminco MT35 Mini with SFS80 and tested it. I measured 7.2A from the tailcap. The light has 116k candela and 2148 lumens so it is very close to a SFT40. In fact, it seems to perform better than the SFT40 lights that I have.

The beam is pure white and even has a slight rosy tint. I like the beam better than my C8 with a W2 emitter since it is very even. The W2 is somewhat lopsided.

Is it a Mini or Mini S? I see a Mini S listed on the Ali store but not a MT35 Mini w/SFS80.

It sounds real good. Just ordered qty 5 from KD in 4000K. Yours were probably 6500K?

Yes, it’s the Mini S. The mateminco naming scheme is terrible.

I think it’s 6500k but it might be closer to 6000k like the osrams. I can’t test it though.

I am really enjoying the SFN55.2 in my Mateminco MT70. It’s really a perfect LED for this light.

Nice and powerful and no rings due to the OP reflector. I think this emitter is perfect for OP because it can still punch a pretty good hotspot through.

I do notice that the SFN55.2 puts out about 2/3rds as much heat as other similar performance LEDs, so that’s pretty nice.

The Pioneman with the big boy SFH55 is almost here, so we’ll be able to test that soon!

Curious about the reflector size of this mt35 mini s. 43.5 bezel that looks a bit thick… don’t have my pc to do pixel measurements. Anybody know the ID of this reflector?

I will read your review of the SHF55 with great curiosity, I like this led but it is practically a complete stranger

Don't understand - I posted a bunch of numbers and impressions on the SFH55 I have installed in a WT90. What do you want to know?

I think the SFH55 basically scales linearly from the SFN55. The SFN55 tested at 6200 lumens in the Mateminco MT70 Mini. Since the SFH55 is 16 dies instead of 9, we have 16/9*6200 = 11,000 lumens which is pretty much exactly what Tom measured.

At max power, the Led probably has an efficiency of about 75-80 lumens/watt.

Yes, the scaling does make sense - probably the same design of the LED, more surfaces.

I created a separate review thread on my results so far on the SFH55 LED here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/68566, just to get it together in one place. Added some ceiling and wall shots and measurements, some still to come. Want to add outdoor shots but not sure if I'll have the time/opportunity.

Thanks Tom. I’ve added a link to the OP.

Great to see some real numbers with these.

Hi i reflowed Custom P35 SFS80 K 6500 with care in a convoy 21b and i fried it at 6.5A after a awhile.

Hhmm, this doesn't bode well. Was wait'n for another confirmation - dang, ordered a few, on the way.

With a surface area of 5.2mm², this is a very poor current density capability. At least in the realm of thrower LEDs. I’ve heard some glowing reports about this emitter but I’m not convinced.

Yeah, it sounds inconsistent. One more datapoint from me is that I just bought a SFS80 in a Mateminco that pulls 7.2A. It has higher than advertised lumens and I’ve ran it on turbo until stepdown maybe a dozen times so far. I have no idea on long-term reliability though.

People rave about the SFT40 but I haven’t put much current through mine and 3/5 had black spots and 1/5 has a noticeable blue leaking out.

The SFT requires care during manufacturing (reflow and wire soldering) to avoid flux splatter at all costs. If kept protected and clean before ever running it at high power it’s actually a super robust emitter. The second one I have received is now in a TN31 running roughly 9-10A and has been my favorite light since installed. I thought about swapping it out for the yinding 5050 but decided against it. The cd/lm ratio is at a sweet ratio now. Probably 2200lm and 526kcd. It makes me consider selling my WT90 honestly. I might still try an sfs80, but just for kicks and to publish an output test

PS: If anyone stateside has one to donate, I’ll test it.