SFN55.2, SFQ55, SFN60, SFQ60, SFS80 and SFH55 LED info

It’s a bit smaller than a C8. The inner diameter is 35mm vs 37mm for a typical C8.

Thanks. Based on these values (assumed 10mm for the ‘dead diameter’ at the base) I would expect 145kcd or so for the SFT40.

Edit: From what I’ve been seeing, these FT03 (mini and original) reflectors have been outperforming for their size by ~5% vs average. The C8 seems to underperform by the same margin. Might be a wash despite the size difference due to better geometry and/or reflectivity.

Thanks guys! Subscribed.

I just learned from a Taobao page that 三安 San’an Optoelectronics makes the SFS80 emitter. Perhaps the other Leds are also manufactured by them. I couldn’t find any datasheets though.

They are a big OEM and seem pretty legit. I remodeled my home last year and I just realized that the emitters from my ceiling light were also made by them.

http://www.sanan-e.com/en/led-chip.html

Interesting. According to San'an Optoelectronics | MicroLED-Info

You could be our China agent for Taobao and similar stuff?

Heh, I can keep an eye out for new lights and emitters in China and provide info on them. I might also be of help in communication with sellers especially for interesting BLF projects. However, I have no experience nor interest in being a Taobao agent. Although I spend too much time on this hobby, my opportunity cost for actual work would be very high.

By the way, I found a Taobao store which sells the SFP55 (25 core). It looks to be a larger version of the SFN55 (9 core) and SFH55 (16 core) with the same package size. It can take 70A and comes in 5500-6000k and 6000-6500k CCTs.

70A! Wow.

If that’s 3.5V and 100 lm per Watt then that’s 25,000 lumens

I think it will be about 15,000 lumens at 50A (10000*25/16 and the SFH55 takes 35A to get to 10k lumens). At 70A, it might be able to touch 20,000 lumens. At high drive currents, 100 lm/W is too much to ask for (75-80 lm/W is the more common range). Pretty much all the emitters go down under the 100 lm/W efficiency benchmark when overdriven.

Just notice you’re the Dave from DavesTcheReviews, outstanding work on the big list of SBT90.2 flashlights.
I finally put the trigger to buy the Convoy 4x18A SBT90.2, can’t wait to see the beam :smiley:

Where can I find that list ?

What is use of this? Automotive reflector for hunting? You need serious power supply or car battery to power that beast :disguised_face:

I so wish these were high CRI….

thanx for you work! it`ll really help me in future

That’s me! Thanks. Link is my signature.

I have a few Convoys and more than my fair share of SBT90.2 lights but not the 4x18A. I’m pretty sure you picked a good one.

Neal now has the Nightwatch NS73V1

That’s the one with the triple SFN55.2!

Are there any 21700 cells that can supply more max amps than a 30T?

This is getting close to ‘dead short’ levels here. I saw that the other day.

There is nothing significantly better than the 30T that I know of.