FREEME ✌ LUMINTOP FWAA Andúril 2 14500 Flashlight Deals - CL2 Bundle Deal

Is the driver actually FET+1+7? Struggling to imagine that many 7135s in there

There’s almost zero chance of 8 7135s. Its gotta be fet+1, which is fine honestly because I’d rather have consistent tint across the main output range. Yes, there will be a step change in tint mid ramp, but unless its a switching driver, then its all about the same to me.

Though if the stacked the driver and have two PCBs, that would be awesome for fitting a boost driver in the future.

Carsten of TLF already posted some impressions of an early sample:

That TLF link was broken. Try this:

https://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/review-lumintop-fwaa-f%C3%BCr-14500-akku.81616/#post-1122527

i asume protected 14500 wont fit ?

Interested in 2

Interested in Nichia 219C 4000K, please add me to the list. Thank you :slight_smile:

Probably not. Also it’s a FET driver, and most protected 14500 aren’t high discharge. So going into turbo would probably trip the protection and turn the light off.

freeme, I’ll probably get more than one of these lights.

I’ve shown interest before and also indicated the LEDs I’d prefer (at least for one).

Shall I/we mention the different options in case we want to order more than one? Or will that be “noise” in the thread?
Thanks in advance!

I was measuring the DQG Slim Ti AA (probably the shortest AA flashlight with rear clicky) and the RovyVon A23 and:

DQG Slim Ti AA = 76.75mm

RovyVon A23 = 75.60mm

FWAA = 74.1mm

:o

So, it will probably be the shortest 14500 flashlight with a rear switch! :crown: (the twisties are not included)

While the length is impressive, for 14500 lights I think girth is a bigger deal for me. If they’re too fat I’ll just carry my SC62w because the extra length doesn’t make a difference to me.

Yeah, it’s quite a fatty. But output-volume-battery capacity combination will be extreme.
It would be even more interesting with a narrower beam though, using some flat single-emitter lens like Fenix E16. Similar dimensions to FW3AA, maybe even narrower. And more general-purpose beam shape at the cost of some lumen loss (because of going with a single emitter).

I get what you say ! If too bulky, a flashlight with bigger capacity may be a better option.
Just for comparison, in diameter:

FWAA - 20.4mm

Jaxman E3 - 22.50mm
Convoy T2 - 20.95mm
Sofirn SF14 V1 - 20.49mm
Enogear SS - 19.51mm
Tool AA V2.0 - 18.48mm
DGQ Slim Ti - 16.80mm

RovyVon A23 - 21.45mm

Even if it is not slimmer than some “competitors”, it will have a good relation in height and diameter in my opinion.
My current EDC is taller and larger (OTR 311). :smiley:

If it were a single emitter I guarantee they would only offer it in SST-40. Maybe the only high CRI option would be an LH351D . The direct drive FET turbo limits emitter options unless it’s a triple. I don’t believe Nichias or SST-20s like being direct driven. A FET capped at a reasonable level but still running Anduril would be great for single emitter lights. Something like Convoy’s newer drivers.

14500 cells are much weaker than 18650 and SST-20 should easily survive them unless Lumintop does something silly like it did with the early Nano.

Interested Nichia 3000K & Nichia 4000K

Yea, I was thinking of the newer 10A capable ones, most 14500 won’t do more than 3A.

I’m aware they are much better. But SST-20 is actually quite powerful and Vf grows well over 3.9V before it blows. In djozz test that was over 4V and the LED still survived. It takes really low internal resistance to deliver this voltage at ~7A and I don’t think that even the best 14500 could do it. And even if they could, that would be just barely and careful host resistance management should enable using that LED.

I run a single sst20 4000k in my FW1a off a vtc6 and it survives turbo on a 4.2v cell. Ssts are fine. Nichias and luxeons not so much.

Deal will be alive in 6hrs time.