FREEME ✌ LUMINTOP GT94X 4* SBT90.2 24000lm 2950m 21700 Thrower - ALIVE

That’s a real shame. It had potential and I, like many, was optimistic it would be a good D4V2/KR4 alternative. Which company was making them?

I totally agree on this one.

Many buyers have contacted me personally when they are uncertain or skeptical with the performance of the lights they intend to preorder.

I only answer for them:

If you have doubt, DON'T get it.

Wait till reviews surface around 1~1.5 month after launch.

Our group buy deals will be valid for at least 90 days(BG) and 30 days (NL; with slight markup after this period).

Go ahead if:

• feel that you have done your homework
  • you enjoy being the first in line to explore new stuffs
  • you are willing and capable of fixing things (e.g modder)
  • you are risk taker, and guaranteed that the amount spent is not going to hurt your livelihood or whatsoever
  • you are a reseller

I think they didn't manage to get a chance to recoup their investment fast enough for v2.

From my knowledge, MEOTE was registered as a company by itself. As for their parent/sister company, it is not appropriate for me to name but it is not hard to figure out.

I did a quick simple compare between the GT94 vs GT94x

Hot spot size at 20 feet: relatively the same size between the two lights.

Hot spot brightness on turbo at 20 feet: the GT94x was significantly brighter; to what degree, I'm not sure. But it appeared to be another step in brightness, like a turbo 2.

I'm my opinions that GT94x is an improvement over the GT94; to what degree, opinions may vary.

Candela Throw Distance
Meters Miles
Factory Specs 2175625 2950 1.833
From cold
(ambient 28°C/ 82.4°F)
1747928 (-19.7%) 2644 (-10.4%) 1.643
30-sec 1688344 (-22.4%) 2599 (-11.9%) 1.615

Thanks for sharing your measurements.

I just realised that this light throws a bit more than the Astrolux MF04 / Mateminco MT35 Plus whilst also having 10 times the lumens!

Thanks for your readings. I got around 1.7Mcd when switch on using 40T’s. I will test it today with 30T’s and see if there is any difference in the intensity.

More pics included.

Hi Freeme,

I'm okay with the performance of the GT94X; albeit the tested specs are less than the published specs. If my memory serves me well, there have been a lot of new lights in the past that had lesser tested specs than the published specs. Is it possible that the next batch of GT94Xs may have improvements to address the performance?

I'm running the GT94X with eight 30T batteries and did a side-by-side beam comparison using my original GT94. The GT94X beam intensity is significantly greater than the GT94; with all batteries being equal.

Thanks for putting together these group buys.

Well I’m happy with my X80GT. It does have more output then the the normal GT94. With 30T’s batteries I got a higher intensity output.

Hhmm, not sure what this means - liteupmynite: you got the 8 cell tube option? So did it do better than 4 30T's? Of course you may not know because can't compare side by side.

Hardusvd70 - isn't a X80GT a big flooder, not thrower?

https://1lumen.com/review/acebeam-x80-gt/

https://www.acebeam.com/x80gt-brightest-led-flashlight

I got both lights. The GT94 and GT94X with 4 batteries. The GT94X is definitely a better thrower then the GT94. I first tested the GT94X with 40T’s then after with 30T’S. Tested with lux meter at switch on.

So what were the throw #'s?

The 30T is better but not that much. With 40T an average of 1.7Mcd and with 30T 1.72Mcd. GT94 around 1,576Mcd.

Ok, thanks for posting and testing!

Thanks for sharing this!

Yikes, the 30T result went further down. I checked notes on the WT90's with testing on the 40T's and 30T's and got similar results - 30T's so slightly better. Thought they did better than that, may depend on the light/LED, etc.

I couldn't agree more, Freeme. I am glad it is you, someone who makes the effort to be upfront and honest with us. But i agree with you, if it is not you, they will just find someone else to do the job.

The problem Freeme must face is being stuck in the middle. Finding himself giving the mfg notes on improvements when they are already building the lights, wayyy to late in the process. This is not Freeme's fault, as i know how business interactions like this works with sales reps, they find out last about new products. after they have been tested and finalized. Plus Freeme is not the person they should be asking for this info anyway. I mean no disrespect, but he is too busy. He puts together sales and deals and even fields customer service issues for us. The manufacturer should be going out of their way to working with folks like TomE and TA, or whoever else wants to be involved and is approved to do so. This way people who have experience with the actual design are putting in their knowledge. this is how good solid companies do business. you dont ask your sales guy for help in R&D, maybe in the beginning for ideas, but not for refining technical aspects (unless your sales guys are also trained / knowledgeable on engineering, but usually their not - its not their job).

Sorry for the rant, and if it doesn't seem like it, ill be more clear - I am in Freeme's corner on this one. I can envision him being told 3-4 weeks before launch "this is the light, these are the specs, this is who is selling it". At that point, how much input can he give to change?? nothing! except for a Version #2. Thats all.

But, i am saying the Mfg should change their process, it is on them to do that. involve more people, and get more feedback instead of pushing lights out for more sales. All freeme can do is ask them to consider involving others before the finalization of a product's development. This will be tough as the Mfg probably feels that the R&D is already done, now they can throw TA and TomE name on it and it'll sell. well, maybe, but not if they havent helped with the product development. I am SURE Tom or TA wouldve had more than a couple of tweaks and changes to gt94x.. but alas, here we are.

And, I REALLY want one. I just cannot buy one at this time. But, this would be my all time "i want that!" light haha. Looks awesome!

Believe me, even when me, TA, LP, or others find issues quickly, it's already too late - we have the same problem freeme has, the manufacturer already committed to a first batch of nnn units and it's too expensive at this point to mod or change something. It's very frustrating, and the communication is always difficult.

It's always a rush-rush, wait, rush, wait...

You couldn't find better words! We just have to wait for the next batch and hope ...