[♛ FreemeDesign ] MEOTE FM1 Alu-Cu-SS-Ti - Exclusive Preview

What a shame. Any reason for this change?

I would guess it would make the plain Al version some sort of more affordable entry level… Now i want a black and blue one with blue aux leds of course! :person_facepalming:

@freeme: BTW: what are the lights we see in your avatar pict?

reserved

If there is enough demand, i am sure they would be able to provide that. Here is original plan for alu version.

really like the aluminum, wish they kept the aux leds for them…ordering the bronze anyways though :slight_smile:

Tint Comparison

For advanced DIYer.

Nice!

I’ll need to have an aligned pins to flash it (I have the regular SOIC clip and the Emisar programming adapter, but am not good at DIY’ing my own pin adapters — I
haven’t been able to flash my old D4Sv1 yet…).

Hopefully, will have a Toykeeper-tuned FM1-specific Anduril firmware update in the future…

Any reason why amber/orange is omitted from the Aux lights?

The aux lights are red, green, blue, and any combination of those three. Orange would require green to be dimmer than red in the mix, and the firmware doesn’t support that—just full brightness R+G (yellow)

I think the D4 pad alignment is better. No chance of holding the key the wrong way.

I would love a Single LED version on this falshlight.

Maybe on XHP35, on aluminium.

LH351D retail version mysteriously appeared on my doorstep without any tracking updates.

:+1:

PS: is that a full 18650 FW3A right to the Meotes?

That blue and copper is spicy, would nap if I already didn’t have so many quads already!

Freeme, does it work well? Is the switch response good and does it have a firm click like a normal e-switch?

Full size FW3A.

I will get a video up for you guys to compare.

Wow looks like the FM1 will have a good bit more mass to soak up heat vs FWXX, KR4, etc. without even considering the copper head. Great design decisions, it definitely has it’s own niche! :+1:

I’ve got the SST20 4000K and XPL-HI 6500K versions of the FM1 in for review and I have to say they are terrible. I don’t even want to finish off the review.

Does anyone know roughly the output the SST20 should make with a 30Q or VTC5A/D?

What’s so terrible