[♛ FreemeGB] ASTROLUX FT03 XHP50.2 (3V) 4300lm 735m 26650/ 21700/ 18650 Flashlight - SHIPPED!

I’ve never tried this, never saw the point in hooking it up to the charger with no battery. Give me a sec and I’ll see if it works

Ok so it did indeed work with no battert, but very weak. I would guess no more that 100 lumens. If you were trying to use this in your car at night while plugged into a usb port I don’t think it would help you see very much or be practical.

Thanks

I figured it would make a good light to keep in my truck. Like those old pistol grip type 12V spotlights but way brighter. Could run it off a USB port.

Edit: just saw your post, unfortunate it’s so weak off of USB

I just received my SST40 5700k version from Bangood. It took only 2 weeks to get here with US Priority shipping. I must say that I am more than pleased with this light. In fact, I was actually laughing when I saw how far this light could throw. I even like the tint and the good amount of spill of my light. Although the light is a bit bulky, I was pleasantly surprised that it feels good in the hand and relatively light for its size.

I just ordered the SS bezel for it. At first, I didn’t order the bezel, because I didn’t imagine that this light would be as good as it is or would get used much. Now that I have the light, I want to add the more durable bezel to it, because I will be using this light a lot. I will It’s obviously too big to be EDC, but it will be fun to carry on long summer night walks with my dogs.

SST20? :open_mouth:

Thanks. I corrected my post.

While I’m here again, I have a question regarding the best cell to use. I’m currently using a Shockli 26650, but have heard that a high drain 21700 cell might perform better. If that’s true, how do you use the 21700 cell without a tube insert? (It comes only with a 18650 adapter.)

I think people are using it without an adapter. 21700 apparently compresses the springs a lot.

Better is a relative term. High drain cells can probably squeeze out a few more lumens, but not a lot. You have the Shockli 5500mah, right? You could try a 30T, but I doubt you would see a difference with your eye. You might measure a couple hundred more lumens, but the SST40 is pretty much maxed out. It tends to peak at about 9 or 10 amps. Beyond that, the extra heat it produces results in a reduction in lumens and possibly a burnt led or reduced life led.

Fitting a 21700 should be easy, just center the front of the battery on the driver spring, then put the tail cap spring on the center of the rear of the battery and screw together.

Are you saying that the Shockli 5500 mah 30 amp cell may shorten the life of the SST40 LED? Should I be using a cell that maxes out closer to 10 amps?

Or is this only an issue if you run it on Turboa a lot with it set to step down at a much hig temp than the default setting?

I’m not sure you understand the ratings your quoting. Max amperage and max continous amperage is only good for comparing one battery to another. It’s irrelevant in matching a battery to a flashlight. People seem to get this mixed up all the time.

The Shockli 5500mah is not a high drain cell, it’s a high capacity cell and should be just fine for this light.

If you went to a high drain cell, like Golisi 4300, iJoy 4200, Aspire 4300, Samsung 30T, etc… PLUS used Turbo a lot, then you are taking higher risks. People have tried these cells on the SST-40 and it survived, but they were not run for long on Turbo so maybe it will burn up quickly or not so quickly, who knows. These cells will squeeze out a few hundred more lumen, which is good if your measuring lumens, but your eye will not see a difference. In my opinion, it’s not worth the risk to use them.

So I would stick with the Shockli 5500mah.

On a side note…
The battery situation for the xhp50.2 version (this thread I notice) seems to be a bit different. That led can handle at least 19A with no problem. High drain cells might be fine with that led and probably give a bigger jump in output.

Now that I think about it, we really don’t know what the upper amperage limit of these newer copper wire SST-40 leds are. The older gold wires burnt up around 9.5-10A. I’m not sure anyone has torture tested the newer version. Output might still peak around 10A, but it might handle 11A or 12A. Who knows.

Guess we got mixed up here…

This is the XHP.50.2 thread?

Yeah. Here is the SST-40 thread.

No big deal, though. Same light, just different led. Both versions get talked about in both threads sometimes.

Yeah… :+1: :+1: :+1:

It won’t run well without a battery directly from usb. That being said, it’s an awesome light to keep in the truck. That’s where I keep mine. Just throw in a good 26650 battery and you can keep it charged using the usb port in your truck. Besides, you wouldn’t want to be limited to staying inside your truck with it anyways. I use mine on camping trips and recharge it while I drive. Doesn’t get much better.

May I get the coupon code ?

Purchased and on its way, thanks freeme!

Cool!

Ordered 1. Thanks freeme.

One question. I did not read to much in this thread. But i read about the FT03 that it is glued. Will this GB version be without Glue?