Fresh Out of the Envelope Impressions . . . 100mW Green Laser (wavelength 532nm)

Mine came with a 18650, sounds to me like they sent you the wrong laser or a lesser quality replacement. Did you try other charged batterys ? I put the battery mine came with in my UF KH-T60 and I measured just shy of 2 Amps and with a Ultrafire blue 18650 I get 3.46 Amps.

I read somewhare that it's not good to run a laser continously for more than 30 seconds (that may pertain to cheap E-Bay lasers) not sure though. Did you use a black balloon or put a spot on it with a black marker when trying to get it to pop? Either way, sounds like you didn't receive the laser as described by Bestofferbuy. Hopefully there as easy to deal with on replacements/refunds as they are when accepting our money.

thommy - That does not sound anything like the laser Greg and I got from Gadgettown. The beam on mine is rock steady. It was advertised at 100mw which is certainly waaay optimistic but whatever it is (my guess is something over 50 mw) it is hella powerful. Easily pops baloons, sets electrical tape on fire and today, my boss put the green spot on black birds up in the trees in front of our office. They went nuts almost instantly and it was 3 in the afternoon on a nearly cloudless day. Even in the bright sun light, my boss was amazed that you could see the spot at almost two blocks away.

I'll be interested to hear what E1320 has to say about the 200mw unit he has coming from Gadgettown.

Foy

Using your laser for avian dispersal eh?

Same here my 200mw lights matches, pops balloons, cuts electrical tape, trims trash bags from across the room also easily visible in bright sunshine reflects off clouds at night and pollen looks like fire bugs. Mine seams to gain brightness for a the first ten to twenty seconds or so after you turn it on then it holds it steady.

Mine pulls .575 amps from a fresh Trustfire flame 16340.

Foy just out of curiosity what does yours pull for amps?

How do you guys get these into the states? I would love to have a cheap high power laser. I bought a cheap 5mw off ebay and it was cool but I pot modded it and it burned up instantly.

I want one just like yours Foy!!

I bought mine from gadgettown, as did Foy. Tmart has the same one(I think gadgettown and tmart might be the same)
http://www.tmart.com/50mW-532nm-502B-Flashlight-Style-Green-Laser-Pointer-116340_p119604.html
I have some notes on it here

Just order it

Well I guess I answered my own question. It looks like gadget town ships from the states! Sweet!!

Ok cool thanks Lang!

I recommend the usd5.75 laser protective glasses for these approx 50mW true output 532s. Its selling at Focalprice, do add $1.75 for registered post, I had 5 purchases with them, so far so good all arrived ok. Its pretty good for 532nm protection (less so for 405/445nm, does not protect adequately even for a defocussed dot), even a direct beam through the glasses and the resultant dot is really dim.

PS. Do not test by wearing any protective glasses even those approved/tested ones and ask someone to directly aim at your eyes. Its like asking someone to shoot you with a 0.22 while wearing body armour.

Hi friends,

thanks for the support

I already have a RMA number and they ask me to return the laser.

I hope they will refund also the return shippingrate, as you can read in there return policy, "However, the original and return shipping and handling charges will not be refunded or reimbursed under all circumstances"

This is gonna cost me another $15 ore more for something thats not my fault

And yes, tried fresh AW ICR 123 and also TF 16340 flames.

Is it also by yours, that the pos polarity is on the tailcap?

E ~ I'm getting .47 draw from a fresh Ultra Fire blue 16340. (wish I had a Fluke that did 3 digits)

And thommy - Yes, with the laser Greg and I have (and probably E's too) the battery installs in the tube negative end first. Even after Greg told me about this, I forgot and wondered why my new laser would not come on when I first tried it.

Foy

Mine is the same positive at the tailcap. If you used Pay-Pal you can try a dispute. I had some problems with Neverbuying (Everbuying) I had two disputes going on and on and on against them. It's a long frustrating story and a lot of time wasted going back and forth with them. I did end up getting my full refund on both items. They kept insisting that I should drop my dispute against them and they would issue me a partial refund, but they wanted me to drop the dispute first they kept telling me that they were very trustworthy. So, I sent them some links one from here and I found many to choose from by means of Google on how trustworthy and Neverbuying don't belong in the same sentence.

I got my full refund on both disputes shortly after that last E-mail was sent. Was it worth my time? No... I kept telling myself this will be the last E-mail over and over. I am relatively ceartin that by spending (waisting) the amount of time I did for about $30 didn't make any difference in the way they do buisiness.

Ok, something interesting here.... :)

Here is how a defocused 532nm (approx 70mW in real life if you LPM it) would look against a XM-L. That's a Ultrafire U-80 measured at 2.5A tailcap.

Here's 445nm 1650mW against 55W 6" reflector HID focused really tight and close to the wall. AT this range/focus, the 55W HID can smoke black paper. 445 is defocused.

Hey, 2100, are these the googles you're talking about?

http://www.focalprice.com/LX166G/Protective_Blue_Laser_Safety_Glasses_Goggles_Green.html

No, i have included the link below for protection against 532nm. I have them, more than enough even for a reflected hit from a glossy surface at a distance (say > 1m) for these laser pointers (in reality many are in the 50-100mW range, even if they are declared as 100-300mW on the label). But these do not protect against IR which will be part of the emission anywhere from 10% to as much as 30-40% for the bad ones, you'll never know. So maybe 60mW 532nm and 20mW somewhat diverged IR from the IR pump diode. So try to avoid mirrors.

http://www.focalprice.com/LP076X/Laser_Promotion_Professional_Anti_Green_Laser_Glassess.html

Even the good ones like the usd40 Eagle Pair brand offering OD4+ filtering do not filter IR. They have a new type which does though.

But seriously safe usage is what its all about, that starts off with knowledge about lasers first. Do read about the info from laserpointerforums.

Ok, thanks. I've hear the the IR is somewhat less focused so it's less of a problem, but I've never actually tried this out.

I clicked on a review on their forums, someone say the ones he got don't work? Do yours? I got one anyway to test out.

Do you know of any decent price ones for red laser? I might get the popular "200 mw" one.

Thanks.

I have a red 200mW laser I got from Manafont a couple months ago. Any laser that you get make sure you get one that is focusable. The one Foy and Lang have is a fixed focus model and are no good for lighting matches, popping balloons, or starting fires unless you get really lucky. I can light matches with my 200mW instantly and it's awesome to engrave in black plastic with one. They bore holes right through black CD cases and such. Pretty sweet stuff.

I want to get a 200mW from Manafont next but with a few focusable models in the 200mW range at very disparaging prices it's tough to pull the trigger based on price alone. Green lasers, from my experience with them, are very unstable and tend to die very easily compared to any other kind. They might work great for a long time or after a couple days use they might stay bright for a second then go dim on you each time you turn it on. Greenies are much better for lighting stuff, however, and my red one doesn't light my cigars. I'ma gonna hafta pull the trigger on a green one soon or drive myself crazy debating it.

Yeah, the IR is somewhat more diverged. Try O-Like, their power levels are somewhat guaranteed, service "ok". You will never know what you get from others like focalprice etc. Check out LPF for more info.

Oh, sorry by good price I meant good price on glasses for red laser. I can see a blue laser goggle on focalprice, but not a red laser one? What color is that supposed to be? If blue laser = green glasses, green laser = red glass, red laser = IR color ???

I might just get the 200mw red one with the round focus head that everyone seems to have. Hopefully it's one that's not cloned to death so there's some sort of quality control. O-like seems to have pretty decent quality ones but 200mw is kinda expensive?

My laser did slip out of focus really bad over the last week. There was a dab of clear glue on the lens retaining ring that held it in place. I removed that glue and was able to turn the lens which focused the size and shape of the dot. I used purple locktite on it so I can move it later if I have too. I do need a more powerful one now. Why? No idea.