FS: Copper "BIG RET" S2+ triple heatsinks [Closed]

You wouldn’t happen to be able to machine a few EE X6 heatsinks would you?

id be in for 1 triple s2+ heatsink and 1 courui D01 copper shelve.

Hoop,

Do you have any photos of your single emitter mag D sinks or C sinks?
I currently use aluminum sinks made by Setapong over at CPF.
I was going to buy some copper bar stock and make them but would like to see yours first.

By the way… I’m Just down south of the big river making parts for all those big planes up north.

Hoop,

Could you put me down for
2 S2+ single emitter heatsinks
1 S2+ triple emitter heatsink
10 6.1mm brass buttons (if they are still available)

Thanks,

Scott

I plan to buy an X6 and see what I can do for it.

:wink: Haven’t planned on showing it early. It will get it’s own thread I think.

Nah. I’m just going to make and sell things on a first come first serve basis because I have limited time for flashlight parts. I can’t be expected to produce consistently or at all, really.

One more free idea.
Here are lots of guys that don`t worry about real output and optics efficincy and ready to use almost any optics over very big leds.

I hate when 30% luminous flux run away, and there is no mcpcbs for such combinations.
But I think you are able to offer them something special.

If you are milling you pills, it shouldn`t be big problem for you to leave one or several stubs on top for central led pad.
PCB with such rectangular holes will have only one function (bringing power to led anode and cathode), so it can be made with simpliest technology from FR-4 (which is available for lowest quantities).
There might be some problems with different thermal extension, so stubs should be little higher than pcb thickness.
Not 100% sure it this way made things can work for a long time, but at least any mad ideas can be realized in several examples for testing.

Since it’s fcfs I’ve sent pp for a triple S2+.

Congratulations, you just bought something that doesn’t exist yet. :wink:

My .055” drill had twisted off in a part and so I broke my only 0-80 roll form tap. Had to order more tooling but the run should resume again tomorrow.

Hah! If you post it they will pay for it. With a limited run and first come first serve I didn’t want to miss out but now I have 3 S2+’s and all will have copper sinks. Need to start some more wood but can’t decide what goes best with red, green, or grey.

I’ve decided to make all three versions of the S2+ heatsinks for this run, in both single and triple variants: the “air gap” solder ring version, “screwdriver” version, and retaining ring version. The retaining ring version will feature a brass retaining ring for now. The retaining ring version won’t be particularly suited to drivers with components on both sides like the 8x7135 Q-lite, but the other versions are.

The plan for the D01 heatsink is to make a fairly thick one. Well, .35” thick. [9mm] The threads engage with the full available shelf threads in the neck. There will be an optional bolt on driver tower, the same one that fits the Octo-Sink, if you don’t want to stick with the stock driver. The driver tower bolts to the heatsink rather than the contact plate. Different towers can be made. I’ve got one designed for 17mm, Taskled H6Flex, and a generic platform that can be cut for 19mm+ drivers. The towers are made from aluminum and the drivers are retained by screws. I will also make a replacement press fit contact plate from 4oz copperclad G10.

When will the S+ heatsinks be made ?

Hi Hoop. Please put me down for a D01 heatsink. Been waiting a long while for someone to make one of these :smiley:
The driver tower for a 17mm driver sounds perfect! Cheers

I’d be interested in a D01 heatsink/shelve too as long as its affordable. Subscribed

INTL shipping isn’t very cheap so I don’t expect many overseas customers. I will probably only ship with full insurance and an accurate declared value as well.

I’m still interested although I do realise international shipping is expensive having sent stuff from the UK to the US. If there were several UK customers I don’t mind buying the heatsinks and then posting them on once o had received them (although then customs fees may be expensive)…

Canada shouldn’t be too bad. Nothing fancy, USPS Intl standard.

I’ve looked more into international shipping and am now offering it. Retail value will be declared on the customs forms.

Canada shipping is an additional $8. International shipping is an additional $12, generally.

Well, I see now that the NUV mtn fet+1 has a .048” thick mcpb. How quirky. For this board to work with the screwdriver heatsinks, solder needs to be added to the ground ring of the board to increase its thickness by .015”.

Alternatively I could re-face all of the heatsinks to make the driver pocket only .045” deep. It would be a challenge to get everything deburred again after refacing.

FML.

All my MTN FET drivers are 1.6mm.

Well that’s good. Do you have any of the new red ones?