FS: Copper "BIG RET" S2+ triple heatsinks [Closed]

I like it.

> D-mag / Does it make a difference

Dang, and here I have a 2~~, a 4~~, and a 6-D all “D-numbered” M@g, each with four direct-drive Luxeons, needing to be brought into the 21st Century some time.

Oh well …

Funds sent via PayPal for 1 sink.
Thx!

These look awesome!

Any chance you would be interested in doing some heat sinks for the HD2010??

? D-numbered mags are typical mags. My heatsink is made for them. It’s an expanding heatsink made for a +.01” / -.000” range or so. It’ll work great with any D-serial D mag.

Yep!

Did you get anyone in Canada to sell your S2+ sinks?

I can ship to Canada. I think it will cost about $7 to $10 extra to do so. (estimate from USPS.com)

I’m interested in a XinTD C8 pill and possibly a D Mag heatsink. I will follow this thread. Thanks!

I’m curious about the D Mag sink as well but would like to see it. For something that large aluminum with grub screws or ring should be adequate for non-Dale mods. (Sorry Dale but it appears you’ve been pegged, unjustly or not I leave for you to decide but since Scaru’s no longer around to carry the flame thrower you’re it). Once something gets that big it’s easier to do a mechanical connection than to try and solder. I like copper but when it’s not visible then I like whichever is easier to ground and copper would be heavy. Just my input, not an ultimatum and you might get enough interest for both.

The Octosink is just slightly more advanced than a grub screw. :crown:

Version 2 added to OP: solderless driver installation; screw retention of the LED star. 4.5mm thick shelf. The screws need not be fully removed to remove the components they retain.

I’ll take one (maybe more) of these when they are available. Awesome work BTW.

Thanks. :smiley: One thing I can also do is make a spacer that has angled cuts that feed from a center hole out to the side holes in the heatsink. I use this concept a lot in my designs and I call them “worm tubes.” Using this type of spacer would require no modification of the heatsink, unlike most spacers that require a center hole to be drilled.

I have several triple boards and plenty of optics but I am really not all too familiar with triples. Does the typical spacer concept offer a benefit in that it can rotate a bit, possibly preventing the problem of shearing the legs of the optic? Or would it be A-OK to have a single piece triple heatsink? Is a spacer like I described above ideal enough? I could sell that for pretty cheap.

I’m not sure I can visualize what you are referring to with the angled cuts, but my preference would be to make it one solid piece with one hole down the center. Is there a reason you would do it otherwise? The guy from Russia is making spacers if we want to just get a spacer but I think an extended pill would be the ticket and would be a special piece.

I do not think I have ever had a problem with shearing off the legs on an optic; typically I solder the spacer to brass pill and it becomes a solid piece. If you built a solid triple pill, all we would have to worry about centering would be the mcpcb!

Do it. :sunglasses:

S2+ Solderless “Screwdriver” Cu-sink…… I’ll take three [3] of these please.

If I can make a suggestion? Maybe having a poll at the top of this thread where we can vote on three or four heatsinks you plan on making would help prioritize your work to match up with demand? Just a thought.

Its most problematic with the cute –3/4 35 mm optics as the wider peg spacing results in more leverage on them when twisting the bezel. I haven’t seen this with the smaller Carclo optics. Using grease under the Noctogon instead of adhesive helps with that and don’t open it every other day to peek.

This is awesome. Sign me up for a triple or two to Canada if you make em.

Very innovative!

The angled hole spacer concept allows the spacer to be used with a standard pill such that it does not require a hole to be drilled in the pill. The wires go from the center hole in the spacer, through the angled “worm tubes” as I call them, and into the side holes on a standard pill. I will be making a solid one piece triple heatsink though too.

This ain’t no democracy! It’s a technocracy! :sunglasses: Not a bad suggestion; I’ll probably do this later on when I run out of obvious ones to make.

Makes total sense, thanks.

Hey guys, it looks like Thorfire’s new C8 uses the Convoy C8 version 2 pill design! (Which is what I am producing) This is going to make for some seriously beastly C8’s!

Pic of it in the Convoy C8:

How much is this C8 pill?