FS: Copper "BIG RET" S2+ triple heatsinks [Closed]

What would the ballpark cost be?

Hey Hoop, I just received my blue and red S2+ hosts today. Going for a single XPL and a triple. Lovin’ the heatsinks!

So, what are the chances of making an S2+ heatsink the same size as the S2? Not sure if anyone else would be interested, but I would love to be able to put the S2 SMO reflector in a shortened S2+ host. That SMO reflector is underrated IMO. My S2 with SMO and XPL HI throws just as well as a stock C8. See what you did now?

EDIT
Forget that…I just tried screwing in the S2 pill into the S2+ and it fits. I originally thought the threads were different.

Sorry VaKo, but I am not ballpark quoting custom flashlight work at this time. I would advise contacting a local rapid prototyping machine shop. Also, it is best to use the PM system about private matters.

Good to hear WillyD! I don’t own an S2 at the moment but it seems just a matter of making a shorter S2+ heatsink. I plan to offer this, for sure.

I have no idea how I’ve missed this thread to date, but the machining and final finish on those S2+ sinks is outstanding!
I must have one, please tell me this is still available? I have a blue 18650 and a red 18350 both S2+ models, can I get 2? :smiley:

Also standing in line already for the C8 copper head. :slight_smile:

And where’s the line for the D MagLite?

And point me to the list for the ML25LT as well while we’re at it. :slight_smile:

Yep! I am finishing up a batch of like… ~1400 parts not related to flashlights, but I should be done within a couple of days and then it’s onto heatsinks for a while.

The Octo-sink for D mag’s is coming very soon. I just ordered $80 worth of hardware from mcmaster to make them happen, and to make prototype battery carriers happen as well. I think I will do a group buy at a discounted price in order to kickstart the first batch run of the Octo-sink. The design is finalized and has been physically prototyped a dozen times. It’s been in development for over 2 years. :smiley:

The ML25LT shorty launch is a little ways off. Just a matter of catching up on the rest of the projects.

My battery carriers are to be of the highest possible quality, and so are not a budget item. They are fully machined and feature beryllium copper springs. Pictured are models of the 3S AA carriers, and there’s a parallel version, and also a significantly more complex version which is 3S2P configuration, designed for 2D mags. It took days of frantic modelling to work out the design of that one, even using the other carrier models as constituent geometry. There’s also a 1S2P 26650 carrier for 2D mags, which I’ve already physically prototyped. The end goal is to bring mag modding back, and not just back but to a whole new level. Mags will become one of the best modding platforms.

(I have since resized the positive contact so only the button is exposed)

Well, I do have a budget model planned for the 1S3P and 3S1P AA holders where I take a cheapo plastic holder and add machined contacts with BeCu springs to it.

(Excitement intensifies)

Nice idea on the 2p linear carriers. Maglites seem such fertile ground for modding.

I am running heatsinks again. Single and triple emitter S2+ “screwdriver” versions. I will also run some Courui D01 copper shelves, followed by the OCTO-SINKS for D-mag.

Any chance for a heat sink to make a eagle eye x6 triple?

+1

Awesome, please put me down for a triple S2+. Are you keeping an interest list for the Cu/SS heads and octomagD’s? I’d like to be in on both. In my case you could save on shipping if different ones were held back and shipped together.

You wouldn’t happen to be able to machine a few EE X6 heatsinks would you?

id be in for 1 triple s2+ heatsink and 1 courui D01 copper shelve.

Hoop,

Do you have any photos of your single emitter mag D sinks or C sinks?
I currently use aluminum sinks made by Setapong over at CPF.
I was going to buy some copper bar stock and make them but would like to see yours first.

By the way… I’m Just down south of the big river making parts for all those big planes up north.

Hoop,

Could you put me down for
2 S2+ single emitter heatsinks
1 S2+ triple emitter heatsink
10 6.1mm brass buttons (if they are still available)

Thanks,

Scott

I plan to buy an X6 and see what I can do for it.

:wink: Haven’t planned on showing it early. It will get it’s own thread I think.

Nah. I’m just going to make and sell things on a first come first serve basis because I have limited time for flashlight parts. I can’t be expected to produce consistently or at all, really.

One more free idea.
Here are lots of guys that don`t worry about real output and optics efficincy and ready to use almost any optics over very big leds.

I hate when 30% luminous flux run away, and there is no mcpcbs for such combinations.
But I think you are able to offer them something special.

If you are milling you pills, it shouldn`t be big problem for you to leave one or several stubs on top for central led pad.
PCB with such rectangular holes will have only one function (bringing power to led anode and cathode), so it can be made with simpliest technology from FR-4 (which is available for lowest quantities).
There might be some problems with different thermal extension, so stubs should be little higher than pcb thickness.
Not 100% sure it this way made things can work for a long time, but at least any mad ideas can be realized in several examples for testing.

Since it’s fcfs I’ve sent pp for a triple S2+.

Congratulations, you just bought something that doesn’t exist yet. :wink:

My .055” drill had twisted off in a part and so I broke my only 0-80 roll form tap. Had to order more tooling but the run should resume again tomorrow.