FW3A Troubleshooting / FAQ

First, Anduril doesn’t work with mechanical switches at all. What you describe works for newest Anduril versions of regular e-switch lights (currently only the newest D4v2’s, not the first batch). Since FW3A doesn’t really allow you mechanical lockout there is an alternate reset method (I think it’s 13 clicks and hold from off) but again that would not be on an FW3A yet unless you flash it yourself.

What Jason describes is only how to get the ramp top and bottom back to default. He shouldn’t call that a reset.

Why not call it a factory reset? It is the closest thing we have and it works. :+1:

Because there is now an actual function called factory reset and it does a lot more. This resets just one setting. I imagine before too many more FW3A runs they will probably have the true “factory reset” but your steps will still be useful if you dont want to lose all your other settings.

This is the only “reset” we have at the moment. :cry:

Besides, people almost never accidentally change the temperature settings. It’s always the ramp levels. Probably because it’s so easy to accidentally get to. The temperature settings are harder to access by accident. I don’t think we even need the factory reset that ToyKeeper added. It might be better to change the way we access the ramp level adjustments. 4 clicks while on seems too easy. I think most folks either keep it stock or else try a few adjustments and then leave it.

Eh, no big deal either way.

One cool thing about the “new” reset is it instantly calibrates your ambient temp if you do it while the light is cool and at an indoor temp

After reading pages of posts, I almost give up and wish can get solution. Here’s my problem on FW3C, it happens starting last night:

• Unable to access turbo. From on, double click should bring turbo. Mine doesn’t, or does but just a second or two then off.
  • Unable to activate blinkies. Three clicks from off brings nothing.
  • Unable to lockout. Four clicks from off brings nothing.
  • Unable to activate momentary. Five clicks from off brings nothing.

I thought I have the problem with the switch (who knows) but I can change from normal to muggle mode (six clicks) and vice versa.

Tried to perform factory reset but four clicks from on also brings nothing.

You might be mixed up as to which is normal mode and which is muggle mode. See if everything works in muggle mode.

Your light should not have a factory reset. That feature is not in production yet. 4 clicks from on resets the ramp levels.

YOU SAVED MY WEEKEND!

Thanks JasonWW :beer:

Flashed the latest firmware today, does it have the full reset at 13 clicks? Would be nice to use it to set base temp.

You flashed the latest firmware or the latest FW3A firmware?

Can’t you just try it and see if it works?

Doesn’t the description tell you the features that version has?

I don’t understand why your asking this.

I have the latest fw3a firmware. I have not found change logs or other revision history on bazaar yet. That is why I am asking.

And if you do 13 clicks, does it work?

https://code.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/fsm

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/fsm/changes/

Does not do anything I can see…

That’s it, the second link! For some reason I had never found that folder. Can ya tell, I am a network engineer, not a programmer? Code when I have to, not when i want to.

Try changing the settings. Maybe make the ramp levels super narrow. Then try the factory reset and see if the ramp levels are back to stock. Or maybe change stepped mode to 5 steps. Something you can notice.

I’ve obviously never experienced the FW3A with the factory reset, so I don’t know how you activate it. Just 13 fast clicks?

You can try both reset methods. When it does reset it blinks quickly for a few seconds and turns off (or goes to low/moon?) while you are holding the button.

FW3A physical design has changed. Unknown when all inventory will switch over. Command tube has been extended. Tailcap added retaining ring, nub is now white and bigger.

Not sure what difference the new nub will make (white better able to shed heat? :wink: ) but the retaining ring is a smart move in case people continue to neglect the warnings and open the tail to replace the battery.