[GAW]LOOP GEAR SK03 now live on Kickstarter

Having both front throw and side flood on a 14500 is pretty unique!
Though the front led high might be adjusted up a bit since its relatively close to medium brightness.

Is the specification chart correct on the kickstarter page? It shows exact same specs between front and side lights, which makes no sense for beacon and micro.

Edit: Updated lumen chart looks great! Spacing seems useful.

There are several light mode for side lights, Microlight,Low, high, breath/flash. You can controlled to turn it on or off and select what you want.

The light is quite short, because of the TIR lens used and E flat tail switch.

1 Thank

The holder can be opened wide stepless and sturdy, and you can turn magnetic 360 degree ayou may use main light and side light. Not sure if this will be helpful for your concern.

The chart is not final one, but things for sure is 1000 lumen max output. More parameter will be update here and there.

I really like the idea of white side-facing aux, definitely something that hasnā€™t been done before. In generally I really like the industrial design, got an SK01S recently and I canā€™t stop playing with it, really helpful when thinking, I like the number of physically interactive elements. Its definitely a light that makes people stop and ask about it, but one that I donā€™t feel like carrying with me, and this one looks like a perfect solution to that as a more EDCable light, but with the same nice sensory feel, plus the multitool type functionality is definitely interesting - I donā€™t usually carry a multitool but I like the idea of having one around without taking up extra space, while I will always have a light with me.

PS. What happened to the SK02? :stuck_out_tongue:

If youā€™d like a little feedback: I donā€™t like the lack of a protective glass lens on the SK01S, it makes me worry about the aspheric getting damaged. Please add that in future models :slight_smile:

PS. since the kickstarter isnā€™t linked in the OP, hereā€™s the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1623612749/loop-gear-sk03-edc-flashlight-innovative-side-light-design

1 Thank

Thanks for the GAW. I like the base rack and the hidden tool kit. Seems very interesting and could be useful in niche situations.

1 Thank

Thank you for the GAW.

Never saw a flashlight like this before. It definitely catch my eye.
What I like from this model:

• ā€œFuturisticā€ design
  • Modular accessories, which gives the versatility I-/L-shaped flashlight
  • 14500/ AA support
  • side light matrix is also interesting
  • I like what you did with the clip there, it has angle which hopefully easier to clip the flashlight into clothing.
  • HI CRI LED
  • Additional Tool kit is great. Iā€™m looking forward that fidgety features :slight_smile:

What I hope it has:

• Anduril, then it will be my main EDC
  • Nichia 519a option

Great job on this Loop team.

1 Thank

Thanks for GAW!

What I like is the looks of light, especially in titanium and SS. Also adding those side LEDs is cool - and if they really can be as bright as main LED - that is great. This side add-on looks very interesting, great for EDC as it can be used as a knife (kind of) - so you can EDC only a flashlight without a knife. Great!
What I would like to have:
Anduril. This is a flashlight for nerds like us here on BLF. And we love Anduril :slight_smile:
Some high CRI LED or at least NW option - preferably Nichia 519A.
Overall I really like it, hope to see it with high CRI and maybe those other materials like copper or rainbow.

2 Thanks

Side light is controlled seperately from the main light.

1 Thank

Great point, the blade actually has a safety lock on it, once locked, not easy to push out. I think should treat it as a knife when give it to your daugther, may teach her how to use and be careful, or just give her a basic version, the dual way clip one.

1 Thank

Thank you wolfgirl for your support, and your advice, we are looking to see upgrade in future version.

1 Thank

Thank you dhaccm,
I normally put the light in my pocket, instead of clipping to my cloth. I use it everytime attach it to my computer.

Thanks for the Giveaway!

Iā€™m not gonna lie: Iā€™m actually impressed by the great design/looks of the SK03 and itā€™s innovative features!
Good to see a really different design which really stand out from a lot of other flashlights! (I have a lot of flashlights, but most of the time they look quite the same.) I also like the innovative way that the side LEDs have been implemented; it looks really nice!
But the thing I think I like the most the magnetic stand/base! Placing the magnets that way, makes the SK03 so much more useable than a flashlight with a magnet in the tailcap.

What I hope for is the use of a good quality LED. I hope that it will at least (also) be available with a neutral CCT LED (5000K) and not only a cool (6500K) CCT. High CRI would be nice, but the neutral color temp is more imported to me. I also hope that it will have an intuitive UI and good spacing of the different modes/levels. An efficient (regulated) driver would also be a welcome feature!

All in all a very promising flashlight which I will be following with interest!

It looks cool! Are those tritium vials?

Thanks for the GAW! Very unique design and use of aux lights.

Very unique design. Hopefully this solves the issue of no hands to hold the light. Wondering if the blade is removable/replaceable.

Yeap, this feature can save many father-son relations. :grin:

1 Thank

WOW!

What I like:

• Outcommon ā€œshapeā€
  • 360 degree light
  • AA compatibility
  • included 14500 with charging Port

What I dont like:

• bracket is optional (not included)

I want to enter this gaw. Thanks for the chance. Hope to be one of the winners!

Thanks a lot!!

I am absolutely in love over host design, and the side lights being high cri, the price point is amazing, I hope the main light is High cri as well.