GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16

Yeah Tom, they fit good but of course runtime is short on Turbo. Impressive all the same!

This is just a placeholder for when it goes live…

Does anyone here have beamshots of a stock D80? Perhaps we can get this GB over 400 by whetting some appetites….

The Muto and krono reviews linked in the OP have beamshots of a stock D80...

This light is a very much similar form factor to the X6 (single 18650, ~41mm head, tail switch) but different style - so I'm amazed the #'s got this high.

Yes…you can also click on the review link in my signature :slight_smile:

Muto's OP https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/29855 has a great pic of the D80 with a SS bezel C8 and a X6. The D80 is shorter but slightly heavier than an X6, and I love SS bezels - and the D80 looks like it's a nice one, not too big or too slim. I suspect all the fins and uneven surfaces on the head of the D80 will help substantially with cooling.

I had seen those reviews after I signed up here, they just reinforced what a good light this looks to be. The original has the funky UI with blinky modes and so I initially dismissed this light. Once I saw the group buy and got in, then started reading the other reviews I could not understand how I dismissed this light so quickly. Even stock it is better than a C8 to me ( I have a Thorfire C8 I really like ) from the size and output perspectives. With this GB, I think it will become one of my favorite lights. Thanks again for all the effort here Kronological!

The D80 head also has the scallopped cutouts which fit the hand very well.

Please add me to the list …. 1x3c

Thanks!

I’ll bite. Please add me in for a 1A. Thanks :slight_smile:

Kronological,

Do you think this group buy will break 400 I would be willing to pitch in $5 toward a light to be given away when this Group Buy is ready to go. Perhaps a couple of lights that are group financed like this (however you would want to collect the money) to be given away to randomly selected Group Buy Members would increase the “want” of this nice little light? The chance to get an extra light just for signing up could drive us over 400 pretty easily…

But what do I know, if you think this is a bad idea, just let me know…

It will pretty much depend on the next sample and how it performs. If it performs as hoped, I believe we will well surpass 400.

…Sadly, my bet is you’d suddenly see it treated like a giveaway thread, with people registering who have no interest in actually participating.

+1

Wasn’t the case with the X6 and people will be crawling over each other for the A6…this is up there in terms of quality and brightness, I’d say most people will commit to buying. I certainly will be and can’t wait for these to be available to buy

Had not thought of this, and do not want the GB to head that direction either. I am in on the A6 GB as well, and I would like this light to do as well as the other GB. I like both lights, and they are different, so not equal. The advantage this light has in my opinion over the A6 is simpler UI and better heat management from the mass the light has over the A6. To me, this is a great first “high power” light for someone newish to Li-Ion lights…

I think when it comes time to buy these light the sales numbers will go up fast.
Many people don’t like all the time it takes to get these projects to the point that they will be for sale.

When you tell people that this light will be shipped tomorrow for $xx.xx they will order and they may order more then one.

Many people want stuff now, not reading 500 posts to figure out what is going on.

But it would be nice if the people who just want it now still sign up for this light beforehand, you need the 500 posts and the 400 promised sales to get the flashlight right.

Some or most people have a short attention span………
This light is a 6 month project right now and some people who had a interest in lights when this started have moved on to a interest in something else.

To many choices to spend time and money on :slight_smile:

Search- Study: The Average American Attention Span Is Now 8 Seconds – Lower Than a Goldfish

In a nut shell-