GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16

Hello everyone.

Sorry it has taken me awhile to update. Somehow, I also became un-subscribed to this thread, so I was unaware of additions…sorry! :8)

Anyhow, there was a delay at the factory due to some damaged machinery. Supposedly they have that repaired and samples should be done this coming week. Crossing my fingers :slight_smile:

Blessings,
kronos

for 1 x 1A and 1 x 3C if it’s still possible.

Thank you very much, kronological! :bigsmile:

If it’s not too late, I’ll commit to a 1 x 1A (cool white).

This looks to be a really nice flashlight!

Good lord that looks amazing. How much would someone charge to do a commission for one of those? I’m tempted even if it ain’t cheap at all.

keith, it’s not all that difficult a build really. I had 2 CW XHP-50’s and 2 WW XHP-50’s, figured if I mixed em it should prove interesting and it actually works pretty well. Still a little on the warm side but in the 3300 lumens range as I recall. Seems like I had to shim it up with a couple of sheets of copper cut round under the individual mcpcbs to make the depth of the CUTE-4 optic work out, but it wasn’t really all that difficult. Then a bunch of wires….

Seeing it again, I now remember cleaning off the face of a 32mm Noctigon and using 2 20mm SinkPAD’s, also sanded smooth of the masking, to accommodate the height. Chose to cut away some of the inner aluminum for clearance for the legs of the optic rather than do it another way. The pair of 18350’s fit in pretty nicely, makes for a pretty neat compact light to be sure.

Which just proves my point, the D80 is wide open for customization and makes for a nice compact EDC in potentially many forms. :wink: (lot of talk to not actually answer the question, huh? :wink: )

Edit: The domes would have fit under the CUTE-4 but I had shaved the 2 warm ones for a different project that I didn’t like the result. When life gives you lemons…

Edit II: I started looking at what all those emitters and copper costs and shushed myself, don’t really want to know. :wink:

Definitely NOT too late…added!

…except for the pesky issue of me being stuck in Afghanistan. I don’t even have a soldering iron to swing out here!

I did manage to have 3 Light Mines (stickable lights, not lightweight go-booms!) just given to me out here. :slight_smile:

And Krono, thank you!

I got to say, I like the mod potential here. The Quad may cost a bit, but wooo hooo on the look!

These group buy are going to kill me but 1 NW please.

Nothing looks final yet so I guess should be possible to produce it with an up to date led.

Samples are FINALLY DONE and should be in our hands in about 10 days! YEA!

Woo hoo!!

I hope they get the samples right, then its on to buying time!!

Please add me another cool white please ~ have total 3 order !

Eager to know what is the feedback from you guys

You can put me down for a 1A in addition to the 3C I originally requested. I’m number 268. Are we starting to get an idea of the final ship month? THX!

If this group buy and A6 group buy happen at the same time i will get in trouble with the budget :~

Start saving now, you have at least 4 months :bigsmile:

Well i must say that i will be broke for this GB and A6 GB but at least i got brighter life :smiley:

No worries Zelee :) When you give your better half that cute little K6 (14500) they will forgive you, and you will get to keep the X6v2. (so might as well get the SS/Cu also) LOL ... and they will not notice all the other cool lights like the D80's

You are just Christmas shopping afterall

Time to save money (again) :slight_smile:
Since my plan was buy M34 Meteor but some problem happen so i must cancel that light :~