GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16

10+

Turbo-licious!

I’d vote for 1 second.

1 3C please.

Put me on the list for 1 3C

I should have known…. you actually were out keeping trees awake… Now I will have to tape 5 D80’s together and see if I can beat that…. :smiley:

What are the lumens and lux on this compared to the BLF X6?

It’s official I have to get one now. Put me down for one 1A

This D80 is much more powerful than a stock X6, it’s got a pair of small mosfets for direct drive power. The X6 was lucky to do 3A or so in stock form (have to look back to the original group buy sample testing), this one can do 5A, or thereabouts. So yeah, direct from factory the D80 is the hot rod.

The A6 trumps the D80 with a larger mosfet and as such, higher amperge capabilities.

D80 and X6, throw figures, should be fairly close. They’re of similar diameter albeit with slightly different builds to the reflectors. The A6 can’t compete with these as it’s reflector is much smaller.

Me too… Maximum two seconds.

And this…

… is not good.

The bad reflow is because this was a hand built sample, I doubt we will see this in production units.

Looks like the MCPCB has been reflowed several times without cleaning and proper use of flux.

I don’t know about that close statement though, I don’t expect A6 to be close to D80 throw. A6 has higher A draw and an XPL, but the D80 throws much better than other tube style lights like the A6 that I have, including a triple XPL dedomed (yeah I know no reflector but more power and dedomed should give a boost near what the A6 would do). Can you measure them?

**NM, not enough coffee this AM, you wrote X6 close to D80 and I read A6 :smiley: Yes I think X6 and D80 may be close, but with an edge to D80. Although D80 has a wider “spot”, which means not as concentrated beam, its got significantly higher A. My X6s were all sub 3A, around the 2.4A-2.8A range if I remember correctly :frowning:

Yes…samples are typically much rougher than production lights.

Put me down for 1A. I keep finding more money to spend and reasons to spend it. :money_mouth_face:

What does the sample do with wire bypassed spring & pcb :wink: have it been tested?

It will draw more amps, it is a simple DD driver. Unless the cheap FET's can't handle the extra A

Yes i know that :slight_smile: but i hoped someone with a sample (probably Dale :laughing: will test or had already tested it so we can have some amp & or maybe even lumens numbers.

There where lots of interest + a big boost in lumens in the A6 thread and i would think the same would apply here. I am pretty sure that an proven extra potential will raise the sign up numbers also :wink:

The testing Dale did with a HE2 indicated an max amp of 4.77A but he said it could do 5A or thereabouts, so i wonder if that 5A estimate is with the spring bypassed.

Don’t understand the last one.

Yes, high amperage sells.
That’s why A6 had this on subject line: “Over 5A”

IIRC, the A6 has a smaller emitter. So even though the lumens might be lower it can match the throw of the D80. Or at least that how I understand it……

Nope, smaller reflector on the A6, cannot match the throw of the D80.