GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16

Put me down for a 3C, please.

I’d like to be on the list for a 3c also please.

We don’t know yet…will probably be about a week or so, but that depends on how brisk sales are.

I don’t understand this…

Nope…not too late.

Is there any shortage of 3C LEDs for this. ??
Add me two 3Cs and a 1A

Might as well make my NP a 3C

hey krono pm sent

There are some conflicting results between LuckySun’s and GearBest’s amperage tests on the production units. So much of it has to do with meter, lead length/thickness, battery used, etc. Therefore, we have asked Karen to DHL a production unit to Dale and me so we can do the tests ourselves. Yeah, it is a bummer that it will add another week or so, but I appreciate that Karen wants to make sure they are spot-on before they are shipped out.

Dale and I will posts the results as soon as possble :slight_smile:

Cheers,
kronos
(Updated in OP)

Quality First! Thanks krono! :slight_smile:

sounds good! :-)

+1

Thanks for all the work you guys have put into this. You’re awesome!

That’s all fine with me. Thanks for the update.

BTW - you have the wrong date in the thread title?

P.S. Don’t suppose you could write the date and use a 3 letter abbreviation for the Month?

In the UK we typically use DD/MM/YY rather than the US norm of MM/DD/YY.

I know it’s a silly little thing, but it’s so easy to mis-read.

If you wrote it Dec/6/15 I’d have no probs with it being a backwards date. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Or use ISO 8601 date format, and be wrong for everyone.

I got confirmation that the test light from the production batch is shipped via DHL express. This usually get’s here in about 3 days, so I/we should be getting the light Saturday or Monday at the latest. Will post up results as soon as I have them. I chose the U3 1A emitter, my older sample has a 3C or maybe a 5A (it’s pretty orange looking) and does 4.8A with a top cell rested and at 4.14V.

I’ll do a barrage of cells to ensure some variation is covered. With the new Enova 8 bay charger, I can put 8 different cells in and charge them all simultaneously on the same system so there will be fairness across the board. Worthy of note is the cut off point on this particular unit. It stops with most cells at 4.24V instead of 4.21V like I’m used to. So if I charge 8 cells tomorrow night, let them rest til the light gets here, they should be at the 4.20V level.

What do y’all think? Let em rest and take the variation or take em straight off the charger?

Let ’em rest! My Nitecore i4 charger stops at 4.19 volts, so your rested cells will be closer to reality for me.

I can use a 4 bay XTAR that stops at 4.21V.

Letting them rest will allow a wider variation as some cells will drop more than others. I have a lot of different cells, some new, some not so much. Newer ones of course won’t have the same rested result as older ones, nature of the beast. I think I have some 17 different variants on the 18650, no need to test them all of course. (did that already in a previous sample and there’s a chart here somewhere)

re-posting from August 17th…

Put me down for a 3C, please.
thanks

Big thanks, guys!

Glad to hear you are being careful about the amp measurements.

@Dale: I think it would be more realistic for most of us if the batteries were not above 4.2 volts. Other than that, I trust your judgement as to how best charge them.