GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16

I’ll charge some cells today and set em aside, the light is supposed to be here Monday but DHL has been showing up a day late lately, so it may very well be Tuesday night late before I see it. (They’ve come after 8:00PM the last couple of times)

So I’ll charge up some cells with my XTAR charger and then give em a day or two of rest, should be 4.19V by the time the light get’s here. :wink:

Thanks for the input guys. I get in a rut trying for absolute max performance and don’t think to pull it back…

Well, you said you have several different cells you want to try, but if you have duplicate cells (which I’m assuming you do), there’s no reason you can’t have your high-volt test as well! Just charge one of each kind of cell today and leave them to rest. Then, when the light gets to you, charge up a duplicate of each cell as hot as your charger can get them. Do the testing with both sets of cells. Then we’ll be able to see what difference the extra millivolts can make!

Good idea David, create a Marathon testing run on the Production Sample D80. :slight_smile:

Well, like you said above, no need to do all 17 variations of cells that you have in your possession. But, even with 4 or 5 variations, you’d have 8 or 10 test beds, with however many tests you would do for each. Still, if you can find the time, it really could produce very useful info for some of us!

If you have the sanyo GA cell I would like to see that one tested.

Dang! You mean I don’t have something? Gotta order more cells… :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems you can buy it allready for 23.99 http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_139172.html

grabbed one already, with the 8% discount, the difference in savings is $1.48 for the group buy. Just don’t want the bulk buy guys out there to get a jump on us.

Maybe it would have been wise to not indicate this link before the organizer said so…

If it's like all the other Group buys it's just a placeholder and nothing will go through until the group buy opens. This is probably the 5th time I've seen a 'jump-the-gun' link for a GB, lol.

They have the lights and the listing is up but the light is not shipping yet and besides..the group buy price is $20.

My BLF D80 ordered 12/11 shipped this morning 12/12 via SGKEN with photo confirmation of shipping label. Paid $22.07, only took 17 hrs for GB to ship it out.
I’m still in the group buy and will honour it. :slight_smile:

I suppose I should not be surprised orders are being fulfilled but I would hate to see stock evaporate while we wait!

Wait what? Are they being sold already???

I am not sure how many extra lights will be made, but presumably there will be some.

I hope you will do us the favor of waiting until those of us in the group buy have had our orders filled before you place an order for your final light. What I mean is this: if you have 5 lights reserved in the group buy, I hope you will delay your order for the fifth.

Just my two cents.

Thanks.

What is the 8% discount code ??

Well who knows what you will get with that link that is supposedly shipping while they said hold. Possibly the ones that were rejected earlier.

I understand your sentiments, but my concern was, early on there were enquires regarding bulk quantity buy from someone already (see 1A link bottom). As you said, there will be more lights made, as the response here is overwhelmingly positive, and I can’t see GearBest stopping at the number of the group buy list, this light being a potentially huge success, and therefore profit.

At a point when I realized that LS has already committed a line for it’s actual production and fulfilled the orders, and GB has taken delivery, there was simply no going back (other than modifying the specs to reality-something that GB simply doesn’t do historically).

The purchase was more of a probe actually, and I was quite surprised that GB is neither holding back ordering nor actually shipping. I was even more surprised that I got it at $22.07, only $1.48 more than the gb.
The reality is the flood gates are now opened, and the public is having a go at it before us, and gawd know how many of those are out there.

Krono and the guys must be given due credit for this light and their efforts, even now testing discrepancies of the samples. But either ways, this batch GB has now will be sold the way it is, without a chance of recall/adjustments. And if a new batch is necessary due to Krono-found deficiencies, then it would have to be rightly marketed as BLF D80v2.
I see an analogy here with the A6, the BLFs were the trial run/beta versions, and the Astrolux the final product after the teething problems were sorted out. In this case, the scenario may get reversed.

I do not have any advice, nor do I take any position in the current situation, but merely went with the probe to its surprising conclusion. This is more a ‘BEWARE’ now, that whatever GearBest has, are available to outsiders as we write.

True, and after all, we are dealing with a ‘known’ source, but we have recourses.
I suppose that’s why our team is raking carefully through the samples relentlessly, thankfully.
To cover my flank, I’m still in the gb, and I’ll have both to do a A/B comparison.

The only reason this group buy hasn’t taken off is because we are making sure the light delivers what it’s supposed to deliver. GB tested a random selection and showed low amperage numbers, but the way they tested them supports these low numbers. I pulled out the factory leads to my old DMM and got similar discrepencies in an earlier sample, using my clamp meter showed considerably higher and what we were expecting to see. So we have DHL Express coming tomorrow with a random light out of the batch to test according to how all the samples were tested. As soon as that result is in, (expecting to see the higher amps) the bull will be released into the streets the group buy will proceed and all chaos will break out. [please note that I said “we are expecting”, it is of course unknown at this time but all indicators point at this final example being what we have been looking for] {they made several hundred over our expected sales}