[GB-Closed!] Supbeam k40-l2 (Payment details in 2nd post!)

yeah, they are not budging on price. i think the shipping they are charging us actually ended up being significantly less than actual shipping charges

3.5 amps! Yes!!

thats what i am thinking. all i will need to do is add about 1.5-2a to it myself now

edit: i think they already were 3.5a, just they were not sure

3.5A is great news. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know the size of the SMD resistors? Thanks.

from what i had read the driver is the same as the tn31, if that helps any...

Payment sent... I wonder how this will compete against the crelant 7g9v2.

Peaking out from my hole...

Do you plan on swapping the XM-L2 with one on a copper board, and then driving it harder? I guess it wouldn't matter if the light was an older XM-L then.

i think they are already on a copper board. someone with a little more knowledge should reply

Thanks, I’ll have a look around and let you guys know.

I think this will be brighter and throw farther since it has a bigger reflector and is driven at 3.5A, instead of the 7G9v2’s 3.0A.

Well, maybe not... my Crelant is being modded to 5A instead. I might have to send this light out to Vinh to do a mod in it.

maybe you could discuss with him having yours shipped to him along with his 10 to save you some shipping

im debating whether or not to have mine shipped to him to be monsterized. hes got it down to a science and has done it many times

Good idea... definitely going to give it some thought.

I was kind of a hoping that there will be modding K40 movement when we start receiving our lights so I could follow someone example and mode my light accordingly but now all of a sudden everyone is sending their light to Vinh!!!

im still undecided. i have barely enough money for the k40, not to mention the mod charge. and this stupid mag mod wont sell

How much would the vinh mod be?

$65 i think he said

I'm also kind of over extended on lights right now, and want to stock on batteries.... undecided on getting the Vinh mod for the time being.

vinh is talking about ordering another 10 - he already has 9 out of 10 modded lights claimed

I was also hoping for this to happen :slight_smile:

I’ll try to document my modding process.

Here’s a very good one of the TN31, which has similar design and internals I think: Here is how to mod the ThruNite TN-31 flashlight... but unfortunately his SD car got corrupted.