[GB ended,discussion only] CRI > 80+ NICHIA 2000K-6500K [E21A/219B/219C/319A/144A/757GT-F1(Optisolis)]

Just purchased a whole bunch more nichias from you. I just can’t get enough of them. Ive been swapping a bunch of my Cree XP-G3s out, forget the slight efficiency boost they give, the tint on the nichias are worth the small amount of extra power. Will be placing another order for the full E21A lineup once your boards are available in 5 weeks.

Thanks. Got it. Hopefully I’ll get the MCPCB faster.

- Clemence

No rush, at least not from me. The projects I have planned for E21A are on the backburner for now, those are just going to be fun to play with for me. Any idea when you will be getting the wider tint range of the E21A? I think it will be fun to have some super warm emitters, and below BBL binning is always welcome.

Can’t confirm until later. I also need to prepare some documents to prevent another import trouble like the last time.
I have a project to win that will
requires many E21A. And these new MCPCBs are the key factor to get the deal. May the photon be with me.

You didn’t arrange the four E21A on the MCPCB to be compatible with a carclo triple or quad TIR optic.
Is there any focusing incompatibility to not produce triple or quad for carclo ?
It would be great to have a simple MCPCB swap for flashlights already equiped with triple or quad XP-G or nichia 219 R8000, R9050 for your MCPCB with E21A R9080.

No, for reasons:

- Quad separate optics like Carclo and Ledil cute made to make the most from lower power LEDs.

- Larger optics will have higher efficiency and have much better beam control.

- If we can pack the LEDs closer and tighter then the use of separate triple and quad optics is not necessary.

- 20mm TIR optics for XML2 or XHP50 already widespread.

• Colour mixing will perform better with tight packed LEDs.

I planned to include a triple board for Ledil Cute that will fit 3 x 144AM/AR or 12 x E21A but the prototyping cost was extremely expensive. Thus I ended up with only two boards. FYI, these are not just average boards. They are designed to perform close to DTP board. I haven’t found any E21A boards specs closer to this one (except AlN based which cost 6 times more). But only tests will tell.

- Clemence

OK, this are some really good reasons. :slight_smile:
And it makes sense all the more since the E21A is domeless.

UPDATE: 170922

-------------------------

Hi guys,

All 219C sm503-D240-L2-R9050 stock from 2017-08-27 are actually sm503-D240-L1-R9050. This is a good thing for most applications but some don't like too low of a voltage for direct driving.

Today I updated the listing accordingly.

L2: 2,9 - 3,1 V @ 700mA

L1: 2,7 - 2,9 V @ 700mA

Sorry about this.

- Clemence

Got a perfect dedome on one of my SW45Ks. Not sure how exactly, complete accident. But the phosphor seems to be untouched, so oops, but also cool.

Excuse the potato quality, phone did not want to focus.

Beamshot and tintshot please. currrious here

I’ll mount it in something next week when I get a chance! Right now it’s just sitting in a parts drawer dedicated to only it.

Do you plan on selling those boards with LEDs already reflowed? I’d love to mod a Q8 for high CRI but the size of those E21A make me a little uncertain of my ability to reflow them.

Maybe, maybe not. Reflowing few should be doable between routines….but for larger batch, I don’t know. Yes the small size and almost no self align nature of E21A could be troublesome. We’ll see about this later.

- Clemence

I’m not likely to get the second Q8 before a month or two anyway. I’ll probably try with a single board and see if I can get something which works. If not, I’ll either wait or just put in 219C. I really love those 4000K :smiley: Wish I could outfit my entire house with them.

Hi Clemence, good luck the coming period with the Agung volcano so close. I believe you are not in the directly threatened area, but you will surely be affected somehow!

Thanks Jos,
Yes the volcano started seriously erupting since last night. everyone in 12km radius already evacuated. It’s far away from my location but indeed the volcanic ash could cover entire Bali and the neighboring islands, just like the 1963 eruption.

- Clemence

As promised, I put the dedome SW45K, a standard SW45K, and an SM4070e in S6 hosts for comparison. Tint on the dedome SW45K is probably around the 3500k range and super rosy, I love it, it looks fantastic. Camera is just my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, manual mode with 4700k WB, ISO 50, 1/500 shutter for the comparison pics, 1/1000 shutter for beamshots. Without further ado here are the pics.

Left to Right, SW45K dedome, SM4070e, SW45K

Left is dedome SW45K, right is my EDC Acebeam M10 with 319A SM355. They look about the same temperature wise but the dedome SW45K is much more red.

Dedome SW45K in S6 host

Standard SW45K in S6 host

Best I could get of the dedome emitter, phone didn’t want to focus close up.

Whoa, this is another idea to get more pink to the already pink 219B. Throw should also improved. Thanks Jensen =)
BTW, why 4700K WB? That makes the 4000K looks like 6000K

- Clemence

I spend a lot of time indoors under 4000k to 2700k artificial light, so I found that the 4700k looked closest to what my eyes see it as.

When I set it to 5700k everything looked too red in the photo, while 4000k made everything too blue.

The 4500k does look slightly blue to me in person, and 5000k starts looking quite blue, with 6500k being almost angry. I’ve found 3800k to 4200k is what looks pure white to me.

I figure the photos can be rebalanced if needed since we have the known SM4070e and SW45K emitters in the shot too, but wanted the picture to look as close to what my eyes see as possible.

Well this is the problem with different monitor calibrations and colour profiles. In my laptop, your sw40k looks like cool 6000K.
While in my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 the sw40k looks super magenta while the sw45k looks like 3000K :confounded:

- Clemence