GB Interest ///OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11/8 @ 9pm CST/Maxtoch M24 Sniper with XP-L HI /// 250K lux @ 4.3 Amps!!!

I think what you are seeing in the video is from the camera itself (it is a cheapie)

I just went and turned the light on in a totally dark room (low and medium modes) and see absolutely zero PWM.

This is however IS an older model M24, with XM-L2 U2 (dedomed) and a stock driver in the video (not what we are getting in the GB) as this one will have higher amps with the XP-L HI emitter

Just to confirm, I looked at a few more of my videos with other lights, on the lower modes the camera makes all of them look like there is PWM.
I can see none in real life, with any of the 3 lights I looked at (what looks like PWM) in the videos.

thanks robo

No problem, you had ME worried about it after you said that.

But like I say it is just the camera.

I will get a better one after Christmas is out of the way I hope, or maybe even for Christmas if I am really good 0:) .

Shine the light at a dripping faucet in a dark room. You can more easily see the PWM, the droplets won’t seem to fall smoothly if it’s a low PWM. Or sometimes you could even hear it.

Ok tried that too with the water, if you fully click it into any mode, there is no detectable PWM.

If you just half press, with the momentary on , then you can get a very slight PWM on medium mode only.

EDIT: With half press, using momentary on, you can hear (with light right up to your ear) as well as see the slight PWM on water drops in medium mode only.
Otherwise I cant detect any.
Also this is not using the same LED as in the GB light and it will be higher amps, so the one I have probably isn’t a great comparison for the PWM.

Well guys, believe it or not but this will be an awesome Sniper. J)

when can we expect the group buy to commence? :slight_smile:

Waiting on a reply from Maxtoch now, to find out when we can start ordering, when we can expect to have the lights, ect.

it picked up when i got involved hahaha :stuck_out_tongue: i think cause its not in the main threads but if we keep on talking more people will see it? i had to search for this thread to find it when i commented now its in the front pages!

I would like to join the GB if possible. Many thanks!

YEA first post and a request for GB light!

Got ya on the list, thanks

First and foremost, I would again like to thank everyone who has participated in this GB, and helped make it happen.

EDIT: October, 27th at 9 PM (central standard time) will be the deadline for this GB, so anyone wanting one of these lights MUST have your name on the list before then. Production IS already underway.

I had to make a decision, to turn in what we need, as far as what will be on the light, (engraving/ lettering) so that information would not hold anything up as far as Maxtoch getting on with the production (per their request).

I am just waiting on some final details, as to the shipping information needed to avoid any customs taxes and such, as there are a few that want a light, and would have to pay a good bit extra without working this out first. We are working on several methods of shipping to avoid all the extra charges completely. Please bare with me for another day or possibly two, and I should be able to start getting everything rolling for everyone to order.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PAYPAL, AS THIS WILL BE THE PREFERRED PAYMENT METHOD. WE CAN TRY TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOU TO PURCHASE THROUGH THE ALIEXPRESS SITE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PAYPAL.

With that being said, I tallied up what is on the list , to see where we stood as far as what the lettering will be on these lights……

The normal “Maxtoch” logo will be on one side of the battery tube and the

BLF-SE or the BLF-TE on the other side……….

It ends up being the BLF-TE with the votes we have.

I counted every single vote and I tallied up everything, and then I counted it using each persons vote that got more than 1 light, counting that as one vote only, it comes out with BLF-TE either way.

Here is how it breaks down……….

36 with NP (No Preference) or did not imply otherwise, counting every vote no matter the number of lights wanted, and 31 if you count each persons order as one vote.

9 with BLF-SE, counting every vote no matter the number of lights wanted, and 6 if you count each persons order as one vote.

12 with BLF-TE, counting every vote no matter the number of lights wanted, and 10 if you count each persons order as one vote.

I did it both ways to be as fair as I could. This is through #57 on the list (where we were at the time of this tally)

Thanks again guys,

David

No, thank YOU David for organising this GB!

Might as well go with SE to keep in line with our BLF SE lights :smiley:

Sorry xed888, I went with the votes as I had stated in the OP, when I began this GB.

It wouldn’t be fair to the ones that voted otherwise, to go with SE after they had voted for the TE , just the same as if the SE had gotten the most votes and then I decided to go with the TE.

The laser-etched “T” removes less metal than an “S” would, thus adding to the heat-sink capacity. So there- a legitimate reason (excuse?) for the lettering. And a dare to the perfectionists here: measure that difference J)

Just kidding of course. Ten days to work another one into my budget somehow, maybe I can take my dog to the pawnshop :bigsmile:

Phil

Either way it is already turned in, and lights under way on production, so we have to go with what we got, as I turned in all relevant information and gave the final approval on all the specs to Maxtoch last night before I even posted about the lettering

Especially the fast move into actual production. I’m in on another GB and we’re still waiting for those to be produced so I’m well pleased to find you and Maxtoch have moved ahead so rapidly. “SE” or “TE” doesn’t matter to me- this light will really perform and that’s what I am most interested in. Good job :bigsmile:

Phil