GB Interest ///OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11/8 @ 9pm CST/Maxtoch M24 Sniper with XP-L HI /// 250K lux @ 4.3 Amps!!!

Thanks, and yes I think it will be a great performing light. I am expecting it to out perform the older one I have, and that one does a heck of a job itself.

Robo the XPL HI led M24 will LOOK brighter on the wall than your present dedomed XML2-U2 M24, but that’s in part due to the greater glare of the neutral white XPL when dedomed. This is what gadgetman and I found in testing. But you might find there is not too much difference in the lux test.

Your dedomed U2 might be 190-200k, whereas the amped XPL might be 200-220k. Hard sometimes to pick 10% differences with naked eye.

The very good point is that you are buying this amped M24 at a hell of a low price at $58, and it will be great with its XPL-HI. But you also have the option to get a dedomed XML2-U4 from Richard at Mountain Electronics, and it will jump to maybe 240-250k, though the dedomed XML’s tint is halogen colour.

Great deal, great effort.

Put me down for one please.
Thank you.

Thanks mudgripz,

I am planning on doing a side by side comparison with both my older model and the new one to see how they look.

I will be doing beamshots and video both and will get that posted on my youtube channel, so before it is all said and done we will have a good comparison at least with the XM-L2 u2 dedomed and the new higher amp with XP-L HI.

Since I will be the owner of 3 of these great throwers at the end of all this, I may get 1 of them fitted with a dedomed XM-L2 U4 , with a little higher amps and get that in the comparison mix also ,to see what we got with all 3 of them side by side.

Got ya down and thanks

Robo, can you ask what the driver’s maximum output voltage is (and what the maximum allowed current would be at that voltage)?

I can ask, but I don’t want to get them confused at this point on what we want…lol

I mean what I asked them for was finalized already is what I am saying.

So are you just wanting to know what it COULD handle , should you (or someone else) decide to drive it harder?

Yeah….I’m no hunter, and a pathetic modder…I don’t need a 50 min runtime, go for 6A lol!!

Just kidding…or maybe not :stuck_out_tongue:

Please add me to the list for 1 np,these will be de domed rite

Thanks for your effort :bigsmile:

You are welcome

It is the XP-L HI emitter, Made “domeless” from the factory, not dedomed

Got ya down and thanks

I updated in the OP about this but…………

I know it is not a lot, but if we happen to reach 80 by the deadline, everyone on the list gets a free holster with the light.
If we don’t then the holster is only $2.00 (4.95 regular price I believe) with the purchase anyway.

I also got Maxtoch to agree, to letting us order up to (limit of 3) pressure switches, per light purchased at $5.00 each, this is about half price, for those that want them.

Thanks for your efforts!! :8)

Hi David,

First off, thanks for getting this together.

Since production is underway I’m assuming the specs are pretty much set in stone, could you post the final specs somewhere.

Also, are you saying that you’ll have a sample of the group buy XP-L HI version and can post a video highlighting the difference before the 10/27/15 deadline? If you could that would be great as I am on the fence about this one.

Thanks.

Yep the neutral white of the XPL-HI light in this group buy will have wide appeal for general torch users, whereas the very warm halogen tint of a dedomed XML2-U4 is more appealing to hunters - alot smaller market segment.

It has been my pleasure,YW

NO, I am saying I am going to do the video once I receive the 2 new lights, as I will then own 3 of the M24’s.

I am planning on having 1 of the 3 M24’s, I will then own, fitted later with the XM-L2 U4 (dedomed) and possibly bumping up amps a bit, and doing another evaluation/comparison with all three.

It would have set us back at least another 3 weeks or more, had I waited to get a sample and do the evaluation, and there are some who want to give one of these as a Christmas present, so it wasn’t enough time.

I have total confidence in Maxtoch getting this right before they send out the first light though.

I am sure TomE, mudgripz and gadgetman can verify this, as they have dealt with this company a good bit.

20 more then for a free holster - doable for sure! :wink:
Would make this an even better package…….how many more for a belt to hang it on? :stuck_out_tongue: (kidding)

Exactly. I would like to get an idea of the output limits of the driver. Since the driver is likely potted, it will not be easy to get part numbers and figure things out for myself. Maybe wait a bit until the production is well underway before asking - to avoid confusion.

The driver IS NOT potted, it just sits in there solid as a rock, the way this light is built.

I am pretty sure it will be the same style driver (Buck driver), just with higher amps.

Here is what the one I have now looks like…….

Ah got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Only 9 days left on this GB guys.

Better get 1 if ya want it because I doubt if there will be a repeat on this particular light. (at least not by me)
as I will already have 3 of them after this is over, well 2 of these, and the older model I have already.