GB Interest ///OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11/8 @ 9pm CST/Maxtoch M24 Sniper with XP-L HI /// 250K lux @ 4.3 Amps!!!

From what i understand, but David will confirm or not, please, at this point you could just send your information to the email address he sent you.
Mentioning your forum nickname and the information requested in the 1st PM you got from him

LOL I woke up today and got a lot a new penfrieds across all over the world….yeyyyyy (just kidding guys!!) :stuck_out_tongue:

MAkes sense. :slight_smile:

What those modders mean by excessive heat is that you get less of kcd & lumens gain when you go over for the extra amps you raise and more & more extra heat, BUT you still get more output out of the emitter.

This is a large flashlight with good heatsinking, there is no way the emitter will die from just over 5A.

Remember just as an example, even the tiny (comparable to the M24) BLF A6 can run almost up to 7A, with its XP-L HD led when fully modded with fat spring bypasses & the thickest awg wires you can fit to the led + the highest drain cells, Dale showed that.

So no the light would not “play out because of heat damage” if you had given the led more than 5A.

The only result would be more lumens & kcd + less run time & more heat.
Up to a point though because of the ripples in the power delivery you get from buck drivers, you can’t push them as far as DD driven led’s in amp, but more than 5A on XP-L absolutely.

They are also making this driver for this GB (or adjusting amperage at least) so it is not one of their drivers that goes in the lights normally ,so to speak.

Robo has already negotiated between 4 and 5A and they have agreed. Its best to leave it at that.

crosses fingers for 5A

:smiley:

Sent my information to the email address you provided. I requested three units, three holsters, and three pressure switches. Note that I signed up for 2 lights in this thread so please update it to three. Thanks for organizing this TE GB.

Here is what one of our best known testers (djozz) said way back in this thread about this…………

Going from 3A to 5A gives 40% more light (percepted by your eyes as 20) at the cost of 80 more power. This extra power comes with a huge effect on runtime and heat-management.

There is always a trade-off and the closer you get to maximum output, the more unfavorable the trade-off becomes. My personal flashaholic idea of where I think it really becomes unfavorable is 80% of the maxium output, for non-flashaholics that would be more like 65. In case of the XP-L(Hi), 80 of maxiumum output is at 4.5 amps

Got you for another and total of 3…(thanks again or for the 3rd time)

got this from Amanda at Maxtoch and told her I would pass the information on here……….

“MAXTOCH also offers 3400mAh protected 18650 battery with Panasonic cell. The member could go to the website below. The price is relatively low in the market. Please note that batteries will be sent seperately with flashlight by two parcels.”

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MAXTOCH-3400mAh-Protected-Pana-Cell-18650-Battery-2pcs/32477208736.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.6Sby7i&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,searchweb201560_9

So we send our info to Amanda. Will she bill us via PayPal on October 27? If we want a holster per flashlight and the total reaches 80+ will the cost be subtracted? If we don’t order holsters and total reaches 80+ they will be included free?

Please, PM with the info, thanks.

16 bucks for the pair. Is this a good deal? What charger does everyone recommend?

Sorry for all the noob questions. Just trying to figure out my total cost before I lull the trigger.

It’s unclear what the Maxtoch battery is. Of course, it’s a re-branded cell. But I’m not sure what is under the cover. So, it’s hard to answer your question. :quest:

P.S. As far as charger is concerned, I’d recommend the Nitecore D2 Digicharger. It’ll charge anything from a 10440 to a 26650, including NiMH, NiCD, Li-Ion, IMR, and LiFePO4 cells. You should be able to pick this up for $15-$16 on eBay. Car charger bundle on sale for $17.69 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Bundle-Digicharger-Universal-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00KW2ZDHQ

EDIT: I stand corrected.

I misread the original message. The batteries are not re-branded cells being sold under the Maxtoch label, they are Panasonic brand cells. The only protected 3400 mAh Panasonic cells that I know of are the NCR 18650B. If that is the case, then the answer is no, $16 isn’t an especially low price for these batteries.

EDIT2: Nitecore D2 on sale for $12.99 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/D2-Rechargeable-Batteries-EdisonBrigjht-converters/dp/B00LCHE1F0/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1445312830&sr=1-10&keywords=nitecore+d2

Yes this should be correct

EDIT: the exact billing date will be after the closing, when the lights are ready to ship out.
I don’t know an exact date on that yet as they need time to get all the lights done.
We are using the closing date to give a bit of time for the production run to get finished and lights shipped in time to be here before Christmas Is what the plan is

PM sent

Did someone saw this already?
It feels like a M24 SNiper with a A17dd driver to me and 250k+ cds :bigsmile:
I just wrote Amanda about it, its a hell of an option , personaly i would buy several

I don’t understand. The link takes me to a spare tube product?

GUYSSSSSSSSSS Please pay attention to this as Amanda has enough work load.

This is a follow-up to the last instructions on placing the order.

1. PLEASE DO NOT DISCLOSE MASTOCH’S DIRECT CONTACT INFORMATION TO ANYONE.

I’ve given Amanda a list of those people who signed up for this group buy. I would like to avoid confusing her with requests from people who did not sign up. I’d also like to keep track of the orders.

2. PLEASE DO NOT ASK AMANDA FOR ANY DETAILS ABOUT THE DEAL.

When will the order be ready? How many holsters may you order? How many amps will the LED be driven? All these are questions that you should pose on the discussion forum. Amanda’s sole responsibility is to take your order.

Thank you for your coorperation!

please put me down for one!!!

got ya and thanks