GB Interest ///OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11/8 @ 9pm CST/Maxtoch M24 Sniper with XP-L HI /// 250K lux @ 4.3 Amps!!!

The best quote I heard was between 208 and 211kcd. That was with XM-L2 U2 de-domed. This should be about the same, but offer better tint (which, in this case, helps the throw due to color contrast). But I've noticed my XP-L HIs are brighter and sustain brightness longer than my XM-L2s. They are brighter at lower current and can more efficiently produce their power, so they should be better throwers.

It has a 63mm I believe

Thanks, but 63mm is the measures of the head, not the reflector…

I’m interested, but isn’t the 2X a better option?

You will get something like 284kcd with it, but it is MUCH heavier and head-heavy. But yes, it is awesome.

I bought 5-6 of those (upgraded version), dedomed them all- they go for arround 205-220mcds with no driver mod so not realy- yet its 2 times cheaper, i dont have an idea if the driver could stand more aditional push

I am quite okay with l-m-h…and no strobe

Yet its a good light…might get a SE logo…count me in for 1 pls

Count me in for 1

Hello Robo - got your pm - I will answer questions here for others too.

The Maxtoch M24s standard with an XML2-U3 produce from 88k lux to 100 k lux depending on which driver circuit board is used. Amanda has some board options with slightly lower current for higher runtimes (100-110 minutes - important for hunting) or higher currrent and bit shorter runtimes (75-80 mins). Dedomed with U3 these lights will produce 190-220k lux depending on board. We have not focussed on max output but rather output/runtime balance.

The Maxtoch factory dedomed 2X with its U3 is higher output, producing 280k lux, and our own dedomed ones measured 275-300k.

We are just doing the testing with M24s fitted with the new Cree dedomed XPL-HI led. They have a neutral white tint dedomed - unlike the lemon tint of dedomed XML2-U3s. On test they produced 165k lux - down on the figures for the dedomed U3s. They appear brighter in wall test but this is optical glare rather than lux output. Also the neutral white was not as efficient in providing clear object definition at distance - the cooler tint washed out colours more and gave less picture clarity than the dedomed U3. Gadgetman is now swapping out the XPL-HI leds from our two test M24s and putting in dedomed U3s. This will give us an exact lux comparison between XPL-HI and U3 in same hosts.

My thoughts - the M24s with Cree dedomed XPL-HI will suit alot of people - inexpensive, very good output, excellent runtime (103 minutes on continuous full power with pana 3100s), and no dedoming to be done. I prefer the home dedomed U3 for its warmer spotlighting tint but that’s really just personal preference for hunting.

You would have no trouble lifting the M24 to 300+ k lux, and there are 2Xs running at well over 400 if you wish to raise current and mod them.

Thanks for the info Mudgripz, that’s will answer allot of questions for me.

I have a Maxtoch SN6X-2X(vn) that I got from a group buy here in BLF before, and I must say that Maxtoch’s quality/workmanship in light-making is beyond reproach, definitely among the top five among the brands that I own.

Gadgetman just completed swapping the Cree dedomed XPL-HI leds out of a test M24 and putting in the home dedomed U3s. Results = the U3 show 12.5% higher lux output in same host. This matches my earlier results. It suggests the XPL-HI is very similar to the earlier U2 led, but U3 and U4 dedomed have quite a bit more output.

Still - the XPL-HI is a very useful option and with a slightly higher current board for BLF members (maybe from the M24*S* model) it will mean 200+k = a powerful little light retaining good runtime, and with no dedoming hassle. Very useful. The Olight M3XS-UT has greater output at 250k but will only hold it for a few minutes before stepdown - and runtime is listed as just 5-55 minutes which is low.

Robo if runtime unimportant you could ask amanda about the possibility of a 4-5 amp circuit board for more output again.

And if people want serious grunt the factory dedomed 2X runs at 280k - quite a bit more than the Olights.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/MAXTOCH-2X-Dedomed-XM-L2-U2-LED-280Klux-More-than-1000m-distance-Utmost-Version-of-Thrower/314381_32417489481.html

Thanks again for the info, I have a request in to Amanda for the higher amp, but have not gotten an OK on it yet.
I am trying to keep the cost as low as possible , so any additions may jump the price but will try to negotiate it with same price if possible.

I have changed one of the XPL M24’s to de-domed U3. The Lux reading (not ideal conditions) went from 160k for the XPL to 180k for the U3, so the XPL would fall somewhere between the de-domed U2 and U3. The tint on the XPL is more of a neutral white tint whereas the U2/U3 gives a yellower tint. I’m with mudgripz and prefer the yellower tint for a hunting light as it produces less glare from particulate matter in the atmosphere.

Testing the new XPL against my de-domed U2 M24 I think the XPL would edge it out for light output. Hot spots were pretty much identical in size. I preferred the U2 tint for spotting animals and could get better definition at greater distance. The overall differences were minimal and would really boil down to which colour tint you prefer.

Thanks for the input, the tint will be hard to please everyone though. I think as where I prefer the neutral the next guy may like the warm and the next the cool temp, so I think the neutral may be a good middle of the road overall.
If we get the numbers on up them, I am sure they will work with us a lot easier for more tint options than not knowing how many we are going to have yet?

Exactly. I think the XPL is an excellent ‘out of the box’ option for a ridiculously good thrower. It only takes me 5 minutes to de-dome an XM-L2 Ux, most of that time is disassembly/reassembly/soldering. The tint of the XPL will suit a lot of people.

I do not have calipers, but with a ruler it looks to be about 54 to 55mm (inside/widest point)
maybe Mudgripz or gadgetman can confirm for sure?

Please add me to the list, no preferrence to logo

Got ya

I’m interested in 1

@Robo,

I’m going to have to drop out of this one. - Very sorry for your trouble.

Thank you,
-Chuck