GB Interest ///OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11/8 @ 9pm CST/Maxtoch M24 Sniper with XP-L HI /// 250K lux @ 4.3 Amps!!!

Thanks Robo, this way they can add it to the QA checklist.

I wasn’t expecting it yet (left San Francisco on the 25th), but I got a knock on the door with my name called out. Both the light and a shipment of batteries from KD (signed for) made it today. The printing was centered and straight on my light, but there is some dust on the reflector. I didn’t charge up the batteries, just slipped a little magnet between the two (flat-tops) and lit her up - nice.

The UI is odd, though. Turn on - brightest. Turn off. Turn on - second level. Turn off. Turn on - lowest level. No half clicks? What’s up with that?

[Thanks robo819, my first experience with a forward clicky - this is a really nice light!]

This is a forward clicky.

from the OFF positon half press only to have the light come on, or half press to change the modes, when you reach the desired brightness level then fully click without ever letting up on the half press, and it will stay on in that mode, full click to off.

Oh the M24 is actually smaller but has a larger OD than the Niwalker 750N1… But the Niwalker has a deeper reflector.

Oh, I left the light running on high for an hour plus. The head does get really hot but the tail part is juz really warm. Mind you I was at the beach last night and it was turned on unattended while I played frisbee with friends. Considering that the light didn’t burn my hand I deduce that the heatsinking is sufficient! :smiley: I am only saying that coz my Acebeam K40M has burnt my hand twice…

What came with my light:

Side view one:

Side view two:

Reflector:

Probably a 300 yard shot:

50 yards:

Lights up my house nicely :slight_smile:

Nice pics

I wouldn’t worry yet. I have got a similar message from NL Post and will wait a bit longer- in the past I have had parcels delivered and the shipping message remained the same unaltered ‘pre advised’.
If it hasn’t arrived after a couple of weeks I will chase it up, and I will post when I receive mine in the UK.

Thanks for that cloggy, I will too. Robo did pm me and said it’s likely it won’t track until it actually gets into this country.

Also some lovely photo’s there guys, thankyou for uploading and wetting our appetites! :santa:

Thanks for the beamshots folks, I’m drooling in anticipation.

The Efest’s I ordered from MTN for this light will be charged and ready today, but I almost screwed that up by having one in my BLF A6 when it inadvertently turned on in my pocket and discharged down to 3.0V. Had I not caught that in time I’d be crying instead of drooling because that’s the only matched pair of 18650s I have. Time to order some more cells now that I have conjured up a good excuse reason to do that!

Phil

Not sure how far it is to the tree but its about 100m to the block near the beam.

I didn’t attach the remote switch. Just checking how it would work mounted on my scope. Perfect!! The additional weight really isn’t noticeable. This is a real nice weapon light.

SawMaster, your A6 would have shut down at 2.8V, no harm done to the cell. If and when you discharge a cell that fully it’s important to charge it back up as soon as possible. If you’re worried about the matched set, simply run the other one down the same way then charge it up as well. They should still be well enough matched to use together. Especially if they’re top quality name brand cells.

That’s why they call this the Sniper. :wink: Making me jealous with that shot, just so’s ya know…

Anyone know how to get access to, or remove, the driver? I dunno if those star screws are there for decoration or if they really do something. There's no driver retaining ring.

Remove the 4 screws, that section holds the battery tube and covers the driver bay.

Thanks Dale. Yep, I removed the screws. Then what? Nothing is budging - I dunno what supposed to happen? Seems like it should unscrew or pull apart but can't move it.

Ohh - my bad. I screwed the batt tube back in, and easily pulled out the piece covering the driver EmbarassedSmile.

It has an o-ring, it’s very snug but you should be able to wiggle it out.

Try threading the battery tube back in and use it for leverage. :wink:

Edit: I had to wonder about how strong it is with this build, but Richard told me about a customer of his that hit something with his light and broke the battery tube in half. This junction remained snug as a bug in a rug. MaxToch replaced the battery tube and all is well with the world.

I knew you would write this before I could update my post Wink. Thanx Again! Sometimes talk'n bout it gets you think'n more Smile.