GB Interest ///OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11/8 @ 9pm CST/Maxtoch M24 Sniper with XP-L HI /// 250K lux @ 4.3 Amps!!!

Sorry but what is RPP? Alo try with TrackMobile checker app one of the best I have tried, just chose Vendor manually if no results

Reverse polatiry protection

I know, i actualy ordered 4 of those, 3 were shipped with NL post, one with Estonian post and it still havent came ( last 3 came a week ago) and it seems nothing can track estonian post :bigsmile:

I don’t think, that there is RPP, because on their Ali store is noticed to put batteries with + polarity towards the head of light. Just try with little pen on app witch allows you to choose postal service manually :wink:
Edit:
Just checked and there is 4-5 option for Estonian post

Hi,

Actually I have just received mine today, with the same Estonian post. After watching the slow course through http://www.worktrace.com I noticed that only recently Omniva had the item on their site as well so you can give them a shot.
Super light, very happy to have got it and thanks for organizing it!
Adrian

Received mine too, few hours ago.

Was about to test it outside, but since it’s night and foggy, i can’t see nothing but the laser beam right in front of my eyes :party:
A thing cought my attention in lowest mode i can see light flickering and ramping all by itself.
Also when i press the button sometimes it changes mode, sometimes not, sometimes when it should shoutdown it changes mode for a millisecond before powering off.

Made a video of the flickering, i wonder if could be all related to the button or a bad joint?
Note that i was helding the light in the middle of the tube with one hand and the phone with the other, so i never ever touched the power button while shooting, you can even see the light ramping in full mode by itself
(it did it also one time while a was looking at the led in the lowest mode to see if it was just barely an impression or something else …. LOL :stuck_out_tongue: )

First thing I would check is the retaining ring on the tailcap to be sure it is tight.

Next are you using unprotected or flattop batteries? I tried some in mine and they just were not quiet long enough and the slightest bump or shake would cause a flicker.

If neither of these work for you PM me and we can see what we can come up with.

No problem mate. Don’t worry.
I’ll check everything more carefully on 25 as I will work 12 hours a day till 24 evening.

Cells were panny’s ncr18650b protected.

What batteries are you guys using to power up this light?

2x SAMSUNG 18650 30Q around 1h on high

There are a number of good cells that will give you decent runtimes with this light, although I think no matter what cells you use with the buck driver you will not get any more output benefit with the high drain batteries, as the buck driver regulates the voltage anyway to the emitter.

With that being said from what I have seen so far on the best runtimes is going to be either the LG 18650MJ1 3500mAh protected or the Panasonic NCR18650B Protected 3400mAh or something similar, I think the above mentioned 30 Q will come in fairly close behind the other 2 though with maybe 10 to 15 minutes less runtime.

Appreciate that info and thanks for all the work you put into this GB robo.

Thanks for the info and all the efforts.

Just received the Panasonic NCR18650B from the GB flash sale on Black Friday for $8.07 a pair unprotected. They are on the charger at the moment. I am not a believer in protected cells in low voltage protection flashlights (BFL TE) and quality chargers. I do own protected cells but they are used in flashlights that don’t have low voltage shut off.

No, if you don’t regularly check your batteries you should use protected cells in multi-cell devices. The problem is that the cells might become unbalanced and one discharges faster/reaches recommended low voltage before the other does. The device won’t know that one battery needs to be charged. That is, one battery is at 3.2 volts while the other is at 2.2 volts. You will continue discharging from the 2.2 volt cell and the device won’t warn you.

That being said, I usually don’t using protected cells either LOL.

All I can add is to run cells in matched sets.

what willie says, keep an eye on the voltage of the matched cells, ensure that they are staying close both charged and at rest coming out of the light. If the voltage starts deviating between the 2 cells, replace those 2 and get new ones. These 2 will work fine in lights requiring one cell. :wink:

Couple days ago I was testing low voltage protection on my TE, and both batteries Panasonic 2900PF unprotected was at same voltage. 2,802V and 2,800V.
So it works like a charm. Also there is no blinking,light just turn off

Good to know, Nikolas! :slight_smile:

Recently received some XML2-U4 leds from Mountain Electronics, and today gadgetman and I ran couple of tests using them in Maxtoch M24s.

First we tested my standard Maxtoch M24 with a dedomed U3 in it = 219k lux. We then popped out the U3 and fitted a new dedomed U4 and retested = 226k lux. This is a small difference between the U3 and U4 leds - just 3% - in the margin for variation for leds of the same bin let alone a higher one.

Second we measured the new BLF group buy XPL high current M24 = 259k lux. We then popped out its XPL led and inserted a new dedomed U4 = 306k lux - approximately 18% improvement in lux output.

Previously when swapping a U3 into the XPL torches we had noticed lux output increased about 15% with addition of U3 over the XPL HI. The result today is consistent with this and again suggests U4 over U3 (in the batch we have) is a max 3% gain.

So - U4 into the new GB M24 will boost output significantly - BUT - this mod will change the light tint from its present neutral/coolish white with the XPL, to warm lemony halogen colour with the dedomed U4. And that’s not a change everyone will want.

Before adding the U4s however, I also did a field test comparing the standard dedomed U3 M24 (219k lux) and the Group Buy XPL M24 (259k lux). In the field test the high amp group buy M24 with its original XPL put alot of light down range, and showed up cattle very easily at 300 yards. By comparison as expected my standard dedomed U3 M24 showed slightly less light down range, but its lemony tint gave better animal detail, and did not wash out the colour as much as the blue/white XPL M24. Our conclusion here - the dedomed XML2-U3/U4 is a better hunting tint, but the GB M24 with XPL has so much power it will also do the job. Down to choice.

Note lux results recorded at 6 meters and should be taken as indicators only. +/- 4% with my lux meter.

Hope this answers an earlier question David - cheers Mike

That tells me a lot , thanks for all the testing and info also. sounds like the new U4 is the way to go with the setup in the light though with higher lux numbers and all.