GB/interest thread for the new HOST version of Eagle Eye X6 Cree XPL - HI (HOST ONLY) (CODE PUBLIC)

I will be in for 1 thanks

Heck — I’m in for one (at least).

A few questions I couldn’t find the answers above:

Who is the seller or store where these will ship from?
Is the shipping free?

Also will these have the Eagle Eyes x6 Logo or (if these are going to be a special run) can we get them “un-branded” plain with no Logo?

Since these are hosts and won’t technically be an Eagle Eyes flashlight after we custom build them I would prefer no logos or maybe better yet a something like “X6 Custom” printed on them (with or without the Eagle Eyes Logo)

Would anyone else committing here prefer plain unbranded or “X6 Custom” logo?

Seller is Gearbest, they ship from their store, but if any possible issue arise, i will be assisting without any problems, just send a pm to me and ill make it right.

Yes, free shipping.

Not sure about the other questions, thanks.

There were, previously, hosts available with no branding at all. A guess here would say it’ll be like that, but I really don’t know. Given some time I’m sure d1 will find out from GB.

Interested in one host.

Yes I remember seeing somewhere before x6 hosts that were plain (unbranded) were those also from Gearbest?

OK put me down for 1 host.

Also here’s a link:

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_285242.html

for less confusion maybe change to this link in the OP? (instead of the link to the complete flashlight)

Although unfortunately the host listing does not show a photo of (nor list in the description) exactly what parts are included.

Richard bought like 100 direct from the manufacturer, with me urging him on all the way. Those were unbranded but he unfortunately didn’t get the bits and pieces and had to go through a big run around to get all the o-rings and such to complete em. Turned into a big hassle for him and I felt bad about it for a long time. :frowning:

That is how we knew that Eagle Eye didn’t actually make the host, Adega made the actual physical body and all they supplied to him then was that part, it was a big mess.

With Gear Best hosting this sale, the lights will come as a complete unit, you’ll have to solder the switch to it’s pcb and get your own mcpcb and emitter, as well as driver. Other than that, everything is there.

And for the record, the red o-ring goes on top of the reflector, the skinnier large black o-ring goes on the midsection to seal the bezel right above the fins. :wink:

Dazed1,

Please Put me down for one.

Nice work putting this together and Thanks!

Dazed1 Please put me down for two please.

Please put me down for 2, Dazed1. I hope they can include all the parts and bubble wrap the reflectors separately. Sometimes an issue with unassembled hosts.

Have PM all of the members, with latest info, and code. Please pm me if i missed someone! thanks!

Thanks, ordered 3.

Ordered mine, sweet!!! Perfect timing to get them shipped out before Chinese new year.

Thanks for setting this up.

I’ll do one.

I’d like two at least

If everyone would ask, in the note section when placing your order, for the reflector to be protected…. maybe they’ll get it and we’ll get nice pristine reflectors delivered to us.

I probably won’t use the reflectors in mine, but I asked that they be placed in a separate bag or otherwise protected anyway, might be able to help someone else out or use them in the long run. :wink:

Thanks, nice price, looking forward to playing with some more of my favorite light. :slight_smile:

Ordered Two.

Thank you, ordered my 2!!!

Can I use XP-L emitters with this reflector or do I have to use XP-L Hi in order to get the correct focus?