GB Oficially closed/// Maxtoch 2X Shooter (new version)

Thanks for the explanation. Informative and reassuring. One GB I’m looking forward to.

Thanks guys - keeping consistent and accurate lux data is an ongoing challenge. Maxtoch have been very good with factory readings in this respect, and great with any customer/product issues that arise. Good ethical company - has been worthwhile working with them. We have no business connection - just for fun…trying to construct best hunter lights on the planet :slight_smile:

The main things I’ve found that give people low readings are inacccurate or b*ggered lux meters, and people measuring these hotspot lights at like 1-4 meters. These lights will not give full measurements at that range. We also check simple things like cleanness of lenses before readings as dirty lens can drop the reading x% and if you don’t check you won’t know why…

My new 2x arrived today. Had a quick go tonight but didn’t want to annoy the neighbours and others who live across the park from me lol.

Can’t wait to take it camping/walking.

Keep us posted if it puts out any light for ya. :smiley:

Brighter than the M3XS-UT for sure…. :wink:

Limited edition version of the M3XS-UT touts 350Kcd: NEW: O-Light M3XS-UT-G2 Javelots; 350kcd Version!

The 2X Hunter at 360-365Kcd is still a further thrower than the M3XS-UT MEM, cool that there is an alternate choice but the MaxToch is still the choice for rifle mount being designed for that purpose from the ground up.

That’s not even avalible yet, yet alone tested lol! I also guess a far lower lumen and hotspot size?

So far I’ve not managed claimed figures for M3XS or Maxtoch, but it is the Maxtoch that wins undoubtedly with lux figure, infact the claim about medium matching the M3XS on high isn’t far off.

One surprising fact is that the M3XS is far lighter in weight although neither are heavy.

Once darkness falls I will try throw figures at greater distance and see if I can get decent results.

Any info on GB Robo?

+1

Sorry, no beamshots but a quick tabletop video to show the basics, for some reason im getting low lux readings but on all my lights so its probably the meter…

Anything else except 1080p? Some of us dont have 3000$ supercomputers…

+1
Considering Maxtoch basically had this product developed with free consultation and testing by forum members, they pretty much owe the existence of this (their best product yet) to BLF (in particular the members involved, of course). So a good Group Buy would be the right gesture to BLF. (I wonder what the holdup is.)

And it’s just me, but I wouldn’t buy at the current AliExpress price anyway. So if there’s no group discount, there will be no 2x for me.

[quote=Sirius9]

Try disabling Flash Player plug-in in your browser? Good to have that (and every other add-on) disabled normally anyway, due to security risks… can enable only when needed. I got it to play at 360p with Flash disabled. You can also right-click in the embedded video, and choose “copy video URL” to paste the address in a new tab or browser window to have more control and a bigger video window.

Sorry, it literally just uploaded, I usually find YouTube won’t select other resolutions for a short while after, maybe try it in a bit?

OK, now available in 480p Yay :smiley:
So, how does the 2X behave when operating tailcap quickly (considering it does not have side switch for modes), I am just concerned that if you use remote pressure switch, it may accidentally switch modes or even go to strobe, hunting light must always start in max, no matter how quickly you operate the switch/remote pressure switch.

I am still waiting on Maxtoch to give the go ahead. They had a trade show come up and everyone is at it right now , so I am not able to go with it until I hear from them.

It starts in whatever mode you turn it off in (mode memory) there is NO strobe on the 2X it has L/M/H only and there is a 4 second memory timer. The one good thing is that you have to click it 2 times before it will switch modes once a mode is in memory.

This means if you click it or tap the pressure switch very quickly “tap tap” within less than 4 seconds it will change modes, otherwise it will always start on the mode you have in memory. If you do the quick tap tap , then you cycle the mode normally with a single tap as long as you do not wait 4 seconds or more between them.

Umm, this is not good, because pressure switches are not that precise, they lack the tactile and audible feedback like ordinary clicky switches have, you can press it lightly and think you are ok but if you move slighly or just take a breath it may brake and establish a connection 2 times easily in less than a second let alone in 4 seconds. Dedicated mode switching button is light years more advanced and better solution…
You won’t be able tо apply excessive pressure (just to be sure not to brake the circuit by accident) all night long, your hand will start to hurt. This can be solved by making a FET remote pressure switch where you would operate momentary e-switches that do ot require that much of pressure

I am just the messenger, Maybe mudgripz can give more information how the pressure switch works with the light as I have not used it with the 2X. I am only speaking of the switch on the light itself as that is all I have used personally.