GB Oficially closed/// Maxtoch 2X Shooter (new version)

As a participant of this GB, I’m eager to see the interest list fill up quickly, so the GB can proceed.
Would it be against BLF policy to bump this thread everyday to maintain visibility?
To be honest, I’m a little worried that the list hasn’t filled up more quickly. Let’s hope that minus those who’ve already bought theirs before this GB, there remains enough interested to take this home.

GB’s usually don’t happen in a week or anything like that. Some take many months to come to a close. I will either have the minimum needed for this one or close it and move on within a much shorter time though than most GB’s run. The M24 Gb i did ran from 9/11/15 to 11/8/15 and I really don’t think this one will run any longer , if as long to be honest before it is closed and done.

I may be wrong but I think there is more interest in this GB than the current list indicates even though this could be considered a niche light for hunters. I am interested myself but holding off on committing to see if it will reach the $83 price point. My reason……I have personally purchased over a dozen lights in the 5 short months since I became a certified flashaholic. I decided it was time I set some limits to throttle my addiction. I understand that it is only $5 difference but I had to start somewhere. I could be wrong but I think if/when the list approaches 80pieces there will be more of us addicts getting in…… for the simple reason it will be too good a deal to resist!

Great to see the updates. My computer has been wonky so I’ve spent what little free time I’ve had in the last 3 days trying to get it to connect to the net for more than a few seconds. I think I’ve got it fixed now (and hoping I haven’t jinxed this either!). I think I’m going to add “I hate Windows8” to all my siggys everywhere.

Good to be back, but lots more catching up to do.

Phil

I don’t think most hunters care about saving 5, 10, or even 20 bucks. They just want the light. Hunters are heavily invested in their equipment as it is. Just 3 rounds to sight in the scope is the cost difference right there.

In other words, I don’t think someone who is a serious hunter is going to wait for a GB to save 5 bucks.

Then again, it’s not hunting season for any big game either. :wink: (least not around here, don’t know bout y’all’s neck-o-the-woods)

Wild Boar, 24/7 - 365

Ah yes, the problem children…

Maybe you misunderstood…. It wasnt about the money(at all) as much as it was about setting limits for myself. Just trying to learn to not ‘want everything’ new just because it is the “lastest, greatest”………. believe me, if there is one thing I have learned in my short time here, it is that there will be something better coming not far down the road. FWIW I just bought a new S41……. so I am definitely still struggling with my addiction.

I was just sitting here thinking about the cost thing and the waiting to see if we hit the lower price and all. Whether it is a hunter or just someone wanting a flashlight , and if cost is the thing or if it is not…….

What I am looking at is , if there are 20, 30 , 40 whatever the number may be , sitting and waiting on a price drop or whatever , then we may never get to that point. It takes people who want the price to drop , to get on the list for one of these lights in order for us to hit the numbers required to get said drop in price.

If you think you may want one of these great lights but only at the lower price when it hits 80 pieces then get on the list and if we only get 65 or 70 in the end then you can get back off the list if the 5 bucks is the reason you don’t want to buy the light. (personally 5 dollars would not stop me on this one for sure)

Honestly I feel for the retail price of $93.50 it is a good deal compared to anything you will find out there that gets even close to what this light does. When you add the free shipping world wide it becomes a better deal. Then you add the lower price of $88.50 with the free shipping it becomes a real good deal , add the half priced pressure switch and half priced holster and it gets better yet. Then if we hit the 80 pieces needed to get the $83.50 price it is a pretty dang sweet deal with everything else factored in.

Look at what is out there and find lights that will compare in throw, build quality and overall performance , weapon mountable and fairly light weight , with good runtimes and no step downs for the duration of that run time, to this light and please let me know when you find any that compare to this one , anywhere near the price , right out of the box with NO mods needed to get the performance the 2X has.

Absolutely. The combination of output, throw, runtime, beam profile, tint, weight, and price is unbeatable.

I would delete my post but it has already been quoted. It was not my intention to start a debate. This was just an observation of mine about why I thought ‘some’ folks might be slow getting in. Again this has nothing to do with $$ (for me anyway) but yall obviously did not understand my point. I think this is a fantastic light at a Great Price!!

I mean just look at the O-Light M3XS-UT-G2 Javelots; 350kcd Version that is being offer.
Yes, it, too, can offer 350kcd, but only by way of a dedomed XP-G2 or 3 it seems, which likely means a pencil beam.
I hate pencil beams. And who knows whether its output is flat regulated or has a stepdown.
And it’s twice the price of the 2X being offer here.

Edit: Coscar, not related to your post. Just how I convince myself the 2X is a damn good deal.

I think it is understood for you personally you are not wanting to buy the light for other reasons (fighting your own urges) than the 5 dollar difference as it seems clear to me at least. I was saying in general though if everyone sits back and waits on a price drop then the list will stay stagnant and we will not reach even the first number of 50 much less the 80 for lower price.

Add another light for me for my friend. He’s out of town for a while so don’t know what accessories he wants. I will be ordering for him so either payment method okay, PP preferred.

So 2 lights for the moment is what I need to add and update accessories later for both?

Edit: never mind got it, 1 light for him and 2 in total for you in the list.

Put me down for one and two batteries

Got ya , Thanks

Payment method Preffered?

PayPal

+1000……. I agree!