GB Oficially closed/// Maxtoch 2X Shooter (new version)

Please put me down for 1 light plus holster and remote switch. Either Aliexpress or PayPal, but PP preferred.

I want to thank the folks here who made this light and group buy possible. The coyotes chewing up my drip irrigation lines are going to hate it when I light them up with this beam. Plus my fellow 3-gunners with be green with envy at the next night match.

Question on the remote pressure switch. Is it just a simple on/off switch or can it also change modes? Thanks again.

The remote switch can change modes by simply letting the pressure off it and then right back on, kind of the same thing as tapping through the modes with half presses with the tail switch , but you are just using the pressure switch to complete the circuit or break the circuit.
Got ya on the list.

New 2X getting heaps of great reviews from (not BLF) owners around the world:

“Amazing torch. Has to be the best led torch out there. Very happy”
“Very pleased with the 2X torch and delivery. Superbly made, very, very well presented and packaged. Excellent company to deal with too…”
“awesome torch. ……A”
“Excellent product quality. stunning light output. ”
“This is the 3rd maxtoch torch I have bought from them over the last couple of years and they get better and better each time.”
“Excellent, very powerful light, beats my M3XS-UT.”
“a+ absolutely unreal torch super bright and punches a long way well made extremely satisfied”
“Waited till dark and cranked her up. Holy hell!! …Not like a WWII searchlight or anything, but it just penetrates soooo far. That lemon tint (compared to my 1 yr old standard 2X) is fantastic at cutting through the dark, night mist, etc.”
“Went outside gave it a shine around and holy F* this thing is a mean light…” (censored :slight_smile: )
” An impatient few hours waiting to charge the batteries and as all the others have said - stunning performance”

Good to know it is so well liked other than the comments I have gotten through PM’s and emails. (those have also been all positive)

Here is a quote from an email I just received………

“Well, I am happy with the light. I lit up a crematorium 700m away. Entire side was lit up plain as day”

Put me down for 1 light via paypal

Got ya, thanks

I have been waiting for this GB. Please put me on the list.

Thanks to all who have worked this project.

MB

Yw and I got you on the list.
Did you want to go through Aliexpress or use Paypal? any holster pressure switch or batteries needed?

Paypal, please. Might as well go for the “whole shootin’ match”, so to speak, and include batteries and pressure switch.

Thanks, Robo.

Put me down for one with all the fixings via PayPal, thanks

Light and fixin’s got ya , thanks

Light,
Holster, and
Remote Switch please.
PayPal preferred… see below.

Since it hasn’t been raised in this thread, can we get some discussion or information on what is the controversy or problem/inconvenience with using PayPal? I wasn’t in on the previous group buy, so I don’t know how that went down. I order from Chinese websites a lot, and always, always am able to use PayPal (usually that’s the only choice, actually). I realize AliExpress (AliBaba) is kind of like a Chinese Ebay, so maybe there is some rivalry since Ebay owns PayPal, but I’m not understanding (apparently AliExpress uses almost every payment platform on the planet EXCEPT PayPal). I guess happily, I’ve never had the need to use Aliexpress (in many overseas transactions). Is Ali seller “EST GROUP Co., Ltd” (quintessential Chinese-sounding business name) directly Maxtoch, or an intermediary (like how the A6 was a Manker but went through BangGood)?

Personally, I would prefer to NOT have to sign up for a new account somewhere (anywhere) if not necessary, in addition to forking my info over to an extremely giant, high-profile Chinese company, in addition to any possible learning curve (such as, there is definitely a learning curve for Ebay—it has its own quirks and culture). It’s quite nice there’s a PayPal option—so please run down the steps, or what that would entail? And, though it hasn’t been brought up, I will not send PayPal money for goods to a business as a “gift” (I’ve seen that happen elsewhere—not with flashlights, just saying). Either way, Maxtoch/EST Group will have to pay some kind of money handler commission, be it to Ali + the credit card company, or to PayPal.

For you US guys paying via credit card through Ali: I believe Discover does not charge an ‘international transaction fee’, while most other credit cards in my experience do. Plus, Discover is just an awesome company in terms of their customer service. I always, every time, get an American rep (the announcement even tells you what city the call center is you’re being transferred to), who is always awesome, and I do not say that lightly, as unfortunately not all American customer service is very good, as anyone who has called a cell phone company has discovered. I would probably use Discover even if there were no rewards, just due to their customer service, after having some bad experiences elsewhere (like a rep and even supervisor who “could not” credit a late fee on a bill payment received ONE day late when I was moving cross-country—just an example).

Thanks guys. Hopefully we’ll get to 80 pieces!

Count me in as well. Flashlight only x 1 pc, by PayPal.

Hi robo, 1 light (X2) for me + holster + pressure switch, via aliexpress
thanks
:+1:

BRJ,

There is no controversy using Paypal for this GB. The last GB went pretty much without a hitch , using Paypal as the primary method, with Aliexpress being offered as an alternative for those who did not have Paypal.

I really would rather not start a discussion about the particulars of one payment method or another in this thread as I would like to keep it related to the 2X GB/light as it is already hard enough to keep up with everything and sifting through hundreds of extra replies ,quotes or post is not so easy to do. If the need is felt for a discussion about payment methods , a separate thread could be started about that , as it is kind of like politics and everyone will have different views.

A quick explanation of why it was brought up about using Aliexpress would be easier is………
It would be about 1/2 the time spent trying to gather information , such as Maxtoch trying to gather names and Paypal info and make a detailed list of who wants what and get everything addressed and sent out , as this would all be handled by Aliexpress instead of Amanda having to do it or one of her coworkers. Maxtoch is a company that produces lights and is not a distributor or retail site as Aliexpress, ebay and the likes , therefore not really setup for public sales , although they do make direct public sales at times and handle it well when they do.

AliExpress is a platform, like Amazon or ebay, that MaxToch uses as a store front. It’s how a great many Chinese vendors sell their goods. They have much more success being in the “marketplace” environment. And as it so happens, AliExpress doesn’t take PayPal. Their prerogative.
Amanda will sell the light directly using a PayPal account if that’s how you prefer, easy peasy. If you have a Visa or other accepted credit card, you can easily make the purchase at AliExpress. There’s no issue, just a matter of preference.

Just thought I would mention we are already halfway to the first minimum of 50 pieces in just under 72 hours. This is a great start to reach the 50 minimum for the $88.50 price and hopefully the 80 pieces to get the $83.50 price on these lights.

Thanks to all who have signed up already.

Hope I didn’t jinx the GB when I posted how well it was going…….lol

OK I gotta give this baby a try: put me down for one plus holster, paypal preferred!
K.

Added, thanks