GB Oficially closed/// Maxtoch 2X Shooter (new version)

For me its agreat night hunting tint, yet anyway you can:
the best thing you can do it to swap the emitter with a DDed U4 0D tint, or DDed V6 0D/XPL Hi 6k+ one, but if you use XPL/XPL HI youll need to swap the MCPCB too

At the end you can always sell it, its a great light for the money you paid

Hi.
When you say better tint,what do you exactly mean?

XP-L HI washes out colors this dedomed XM-L2 does not. Sure it’s somehow on the greenish side but ideal for hunting and not bothering me at all, opposed to cw tint that does.

I see,thank you.

I measured the X2 with 2 Maxtoch batteries and I found 317000cd .I had it 5.5m far from the luxmeter.Trying with the 30Qs,I had less.

Hi Dale.
Did you get the UCLp for the Maxtoch shooter 2X,and what the results, if any?
I ask,because I wait to change the led of the light,telling a friend to play with some other leds of the same type,dedoming them,hoping to find one, more white than yellow,as it is mine.
So,if the experiments are OK,I change the glass,if your experience with the change is positive.

Sorry double post.

I did put an UCLp in my Shooter 2X but somehow I got convinced to put an XHP-35 in it with a 2 cell extension I made, so I can’t say what difference the lens might make for a stock light, sorry.

Is this the furthest throwing 2x 18650 stock light out there?

Pretty much, yeah.

Isn’t the TN42 2s2p? If so that could be the furthest throwing 2× 18650 stock light….

Just a technicality :partying_face:

Given the question was 2 series, nothing said about a second set of 2 series, the Shooter still takes the cake.

Now, can the TN42 run on 2 cells? Hmmm…. price wise though you’re getting half the throw and then some for half the monies. Smaller lighter package, easily added to a rifle. The TN42 is bulky and pretty massive. Awesome, yes indeed, but quite large all the same.

Edit: Yes, the TN42 runs on 2 cells just fine. :wink:

I’m not trying to start an argument, just being difficult. :sushi:

But yeah, cost wise the shooter wins.

Cost can’t be the only factor though, they’re designed for different purposes and do different jobs. Realistically speaking they’re both top of class, one just has to decide which class to enroll in. :wink:

But yeah, the TN42 does work with 2 cells, I haven’t measured output to see if there’s a hit but it undoubtedly still severely outperforms the Shooter and probably most any other light out there in stock form (and a great many modded as far as that goes!)

Yeah, it’s a bit disheartening when a stock light (TN42) gets much better numbers than anything I’ve slaved over and built myself :weary:

But then again this is the shooter thread, so I’ll try to stay on topic

In the 2 series skinny tube form factor, the MaxToch Shooter 2X is a tough light to beat. The only real con I can list is the way it’s put together between the battery tube and head. I’m not a fan of the 4 small screws. Granted there is a hefty o-ring in the joint, but I’d much rather see it a heavily threaded connection. It’s unlikely to be an issue except in the most extreme of circumstances of course. And it could conceivably save damage to a much more expensive component when mounted on a firearm and having somewhat of a collapsible nature under impact. I’ve only heard of two that broke in this area, and the one I personally dealt with was from about a 16’ fall onto concrete.

As far as useful beam goes, with throw being the pertinent factor, you’re gonna have to look far and wide to beat this 2X.

Thanks for the input DB! I’ll probably pull the trigger on this one very soon.

i know right…its kinda good and bad that companies are now coming up with all these 1000 lumens stock lights, and 5000+ pop can lights, and these massive throwers.
we all know the good, but the bad……now all my modded lights arent as special. i used to demolish everybody around, now my friends and just almost anybody with some knowledge, can just go ahead and buy one and could compete with my lights now….grrrr. haha

was there anyone that ever had the olight m3xs go against this 2x shooter? i think it would be a really good even match.

Isn’t the olight “only” 250000cd, while the Maxtoch almost 350000cd?

I don’t personally own the M3XS but the original Dedomed XP-L version of it is listed at 250kcd with 1000 meters of throw, The new version of the M3XS with the XP-G2 in it is listed at 350kcd and I think around the same throw as the 2X has.(listed 1300 meters for the 2X)

The original version of the M3XS has much less run time than the 2X does though (Olight 55 minutes and has to step down from Turbo after 5 minutes) the 2X does not need to step down from highest setting and gets around 75 minutes of run time on high mode. and I am not sure of the run times on the new XP-G2 version.

The main difference other than the run times is price (I am speaking of retail and not promotional) the Olight is around $140 and the 2X is $93.50. I feel the quality of the Maxtoch is right there with Olight and other big name lights as well.
Maybe someone who has both can either speak as to how the 2 lights stack up , or even show some comparison beamshots.