(GB) Order Thread: 1st BLF Titanium Flashlight with Tritium (Paypal Announced)

Mines here. Quality and look is amazing. Will get some pics in the morning.

:heart_eyes:

Got mine built!!

Only 1 trit so far in the switch (need to order more).

!!

BLF Ti photo thread:

Is this a done deal?
Can we still get one of these,or are they all spoken for?

Still available, see the OP for the payment information.

This light looks really nice next to that red Convoy. I think it’d be a great host for a neutral white triple with a FET+1.

BTW, does this titanium light make any attempt to be waterproof? I’m guessing the answer is no and that’s okay, but I’m curious.

I got mine today, and I think it is great, and also I think that Rey needs to listen carefully to what the shortcomings are to make a devastatingly nice version II. :-)

On top of cosmetic remarks already made by others, a few observations from my first fiddling session:

-a 14mm silicon tailcap works fine between the titanium button and the switch, as long as it is a 6mm height one (as opposed to the standard 8mm), and the silicon pillar inside is cut to the exact correct height. Then the button does not rattle in both on and off position, the switching goes smooth, and the flashlight is waterproof.

-The quality of the delivered switch feels like it comes from a 2dollar light, with its thin and loose spring. And the metal plate under the spring can not be soldered to (for spring bypass wire) :-(

-Not any Convoy tube type reflector that I have fits, the last bit of the inside of the head where the threading stops needs widening! Now I'm obliged to make a triple out of it (or the reflector needs sanding down on the outside).

-The trits look great and are bright, compared to some brandname trits I have (betalights).

The reflector problem came about because of the trits. A 20mm optic or filing the outside of an S2 () were the options.

Rey posted in May:

“Tested yesterday, 25mm outer works fine. But it doesn’t fit 18350 S2+ aluminium reflector anymore.”

There was a discussion of sanding the S2+ reflector, with pictures. Its quite easy.

The switch works both with and without the boot. Mine came with a boot. The boot solves the rattle problem.

The switch in my triple is still ok, but maybe not for long. The spring does not inspire confidence, as pointed out by djozz.

I just love this light. It looks amazing on the nightstand.

Thanks for the points,Jos. Sand the convoy 20.5mm to 20mm. only a few minutes work.

I don't like the switch too. But it might be too late to improve. A small change might result some other unexpected changes. Anyway,it's my lack of experience and sources. Sorry.

About the switch, I drilled 2 holes on the backside, so we can adjust the position to make act well.

The boot,14mm, is the brim necessary?

BTY, EE-X6,the switch retainer ring fits the BLF Ti threads. Someone might mod it.

Hell,no, The EE-X6 retainer,might be a wrong information.

I remembered the retainer from my X6 fits. But I got some spare switches from EE. It's smaller.

X6 is in factory now, I will look into it asap.

Haven’t received mine yet but is there a compatible switch for it? I just can’t put real use to a nice light with a bad switch, it’s like driving a nice looking sports car with crap handling, it doesn’t feel right.

Is it a 502B switch? I know they are in between the small and large Omtens in size. Smaller than Solarforce.

If we can get a retaining ring I think many stock switches could work.

It would be nice to see one of the talented machinists in the hobby step forward with aftermarket parts, much like happened with the SWM V10R

yes, I thought about that, the standard 17mm-board mounted small Omten with a standard washer on the tailcap side would work, if a suitable retaining ring would be available.

On that note, I have to say that the tail design is cleverly done with the titanium button on top of the silicon standard tailcap, it looks great and easily allows a standard switch (provided ghat there is retaining ring).

But going through the various retaining rings I have floating around, none of them fits sofar.

Maybe Rey can make and sell some? Btw, can we buy spare switches? Maybe a gutted switch can be used as a retaining ring?