(GB) Order Thread: 1st BLF Titanium Flashlight with Tritium (Paypal Announced)

I, uh, well…talked Rey into not doing the cornrow knurling on mine. Thank YOu Rey! :bigsmile:

Bis, bis! :party:

That looks terrific Dale! Nice trits! Hope you are feeling better today….

Edit: The nice external finish of the 1st BLF does bode well for the new 18650 light, dosen’t it?

Cheater. |( :zipper_mouth_face: :stuck_out_tongue: :_( :weary: :Sp :* :beer:

DBC, is there no corn knurling? It looks like rings.

Scott, you’re killin me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Gunga, I had Rey not do the corn knurling on mine, as a very last minute option and I thank him very much for squeezing that in. While everyone else was going OCD on the clip, the corn knurling along with the fins were bugging me, and I figured I’d be carrying this one so I wanted the grip the rings would provide, better I think for when wearing gloves or the hands are cold and very dry.

There is no “external finish” on the light, I had the room illuminated with a blue light, actually fairly bright but subdued enough to see the trits glowing quite well. I have one of those RGB remote controlled LED wall plug units that I use for various light on a backdrop for picture taking. I used that in the royal blue color (very much like a black light)

Thanks MG, yes, feeling considerably better. The Flu can kick butt like nothing else…

My 7 yr old son decided the fresh vegetables brought in today needed arranging, and, him being a boy, he figured they needed to look like cars. :stuck_out_tongue: While I was taking this picture, he told me the cuc on the right needed to be pickled. “It just looks like a pickle dad, look at it!” Still scratching my head over the wisdom of that one but oh well.

And yeah, I know, some of you are probably wondering what this pic is doing here? I lit it with my new BLF Ti Triple XP-L V6 3D. (Ceiling bounce) I have ToyKeepers A6 firmware in it, on the FET+1 from Wight. At the 30 second Turbo step down, the head was too hot to touch. If you’re actually holding the head, with it set up this way, the burn starts at about 20 seconds and you can’t hold on til it steps down at 30. Might have to rebuild it, the Ti has no choice but to get hot, but then it doesn’t release it willingly and stays hot for quite a while! :slight_smile:

HaHa! Those cabinet drawer handles look like peeping eyes… :smiley:

Ok, rebuilt it. The triple was too much I think and I’d be wanting to play with Turbo all the time, so, I put a single XP-L V6 3D under an X6 reflector with 22ga wires. It pulls something over 4.26A (it was climbing when I shut it down) and makes 852 lumens out the front. That’ll work! It still gets hot, but not the scorching hot from the triple emitters and that high amp draw.

Oh, what, y’all think I’m crazy and messed up? Of course I know the X6 is a 35mm reflector. I didn’t say it was easy! :stuck_out_tongue:

Your crazy for not showing us pictures.

Well, sick or not, you made me open her back up and so I had to make changes while I was at it. She’s now sportin a XM-L2 U4 4C (I think that’s the bin Richard got, need to double check that) and pulling 5.01A for 1155.75 lumens.

See? No altered Titanium here…

The battery contact is a cut off slice of the brass threaded rod that goes in Tofty’s 10A+ drivers, barely high enough to clear the retaining ring…

And with my flu symptoms coming back, low grade fever and all that good stuff, wouldn’t you know I forgot to get a shot of the business end? My forgetfulness is reaching new boundries…

Night y’all, or have a good day, or May The Force Be With You or whatever……

Thanks to the BLF patient. I hope your feeling better soon. Those U4 leds. I'd like to see a comparison with the later model U2 and U3 with the high forward voltage to see how the light output is amp for amp. Your getting good current through this baby.

@MG

@DBC

May I use your pictures? and post them to other forums?

As you wish Rey, I have no problem with that, hope they help you sell out and then some. :wink:

I actually had a glass lens that was pretty close to fitting so I sanded it down til it would slip into the head. Now I’m seeing that the light coming through this lens is definitely a greenish cast and it’s most likely costing me some precious lumens. So I’ll be pulling it out and measuring, ordering the good stuff from flashlightlens.com

And by the way, it’s an XM-L2 U4 1C from Richard. :wink:

Dale, you`re going Cool White?

About the only thing I WON’T do is warm white. I have old MagLight’s for that, why bother?

I use 1A’s quite often, domed and de-domed alike, just depends on what I’m going for in a light. As much as I like the XP-L V6 3D, I’m still open to whiter, and even a little bluer but not too much so.

Yes. Thanks for asking.

I do appreciate DBC’s build pictures, here and in other threads. i Refer to them often for guidance……

Mines here. Quality and look is amazing. Will get some pics in the morning.