(GB) Order Thread: 1st BLF Titanium Flashlight with Tritium (Paypal Announced)

Mine made it to Chicago!

Exciting, isn’t it? I’ve had these tritium vials sitting here waiting and waiting, gonna be really cool to see the rainbow of Tritium in this Ti light! :bigsmile:

Mines somewhere in transit. Its not showing in Australia but who knows. I hope it gets to me first.

Steve, what glue are you using for the trits and where did you get it from? The Norland seems very hard to find in Aus. I was going to get the Loctite glass one.

Get it at:

$3.00 for 0.5cc (which is not very much, but plenty for the ReyLight)

on the mixglo site the Norland is found at Store>Accessories

Awesome, thanks for that!

I purchased 1cc as I can use it on other lights as well.

Also a great source for the vials!

It was Gunga who pointed me in this direction a while back.
They ship pretty fast too….

That’s good to know.

The other thing is it going to be enough just putting the light out in the sun to cure the glue? I don’t have a UV light…

No trits for this guy. If I won Tattslotto I'd fill it with trits.

As far as UV lights go a beauty salon that does nails should be able to help you out. I'm not sure if you have an understanding wife/girlfriend that will help you out?

The trits double the cost of the light, alright. But they sure are pretty.

Sunshine does the job in about 5 minutes. But then it’s the summer maximum here, unlike in Aus.

WooHoo! Out for Delivery! Hey Mailman oh buddy oh pal o mine, lol :bigsmile:

I hope it's a nice postman. Not like my parcel. They did not deliver,and no reminder, I tracked and called several time, finally I went to the post office and picked it up.

I call my postman Santa Claus.

Paypal sent for DHL and extra host.

BLF Ti with Trits, in hand! :slight_smile: The light is really exceptional overall, and with the trits in it there’s no doubt it’s a special light.

I set out to make it a single emitter with a small screw in reflector I have from Dereelight. Try as I might, (not feeling well today) I couldn’t get this reflector or others similar to allow room enough for the cells to fit in.

So ultimately I put in a triple XP-L V6 3D with slightly modified Carclo 10507 so the domes could stay on the emitters. Now the 18650 fits fine, it’s making a lot of lumens but pulling way more amps… the modified optics come with a cost apparently. 1766 lumens while gobbling up 12.33A. Gonna have to address the switch assembly, to be sure!

I can’t seem to get the screws in snug on the clip, the little wrench provided isn’t up to the task and I can’t find my metric hex set. Been one of those days. Really.

The larger green trit in the tail cap looks great, the rainbow of colors in the head look pretty awesome, don’t know if I’d do it again though. Lot of money for what…looks? I like it, but perhaps one such light is enough for my collection. :wink:

Titanium being my weakness, tickled to death with the light itself! :slight_smile:

That’s a huge loss!! Where does the light go? I think the same is happening with my copper sinner tri-edc with modified optics to fit domed XP-Ls, it gets hot real quick where the optic is and not where the pill meets the body, I think most of the light is being scattered sideways.

Do you think if XP-L HI with unmodified 10507 will be a more efficient setup, like in your meteor?

Yeah, not a budget light if you add the trits but my only Ti light for now so I went bells and whistles. I may send the clip to a guy I know down in Santa Barbara that does custom metal cutting with a water jet or hot wire. I’d like to see what he can do instead of the long slot.

Will, Bingo! I think you’re onto something there! I used a 3 flute ball end mill to turn the end of the optic so the emitter dome would fit. It left a “neat” pattern, like a LOT of wagon wheel spokes. Those radiant lines are dispersing the light! I need to polish the cut, if I can figure out how. :slight_smile:

I’ll try some things and put a new optic on the light, get a reading, see if gain anything. Thank’s for the light bulb moment…

(and yes, the new high intensity emitter should fare much better)

My light is not sent yet (due to OCD issues), but in the meantime: can we have some pictures here please??