GB Skilhunt H02 and H02R *** CW and NW available - May be able to do again if enough interest

PM Sent.

Can anyone provide more feedback on the optics between the H02 and H02R. I want lots of flood but not sure I want to completely give up all throw, would love to see some beamshots / comparisons.

Was looking at the Armytek Wizard Pro Wide, loved the warm tint I saw in some beamshots. However it’s quite expensive and apparently they discontinued the Wide version (Hotspot angle 90 degrees VS 70 degrees) Current versions appear to all have 70 degree Hotspot and 120 degree Spill angles.

Couldn’t find any light angle specs for the Skilhunts like Armytek shows. Interested in NW.

Ordered the H02R today in neutral white, so the code is still working. Chinese New Year starts next week, so I wonder if it will make it out of the country in time? Thanks for the deal, George!

I really cannot say what the angles are. I can say that they are very comparable to my HC50 - at least in my opinion. The H02R does have more throw but I could not say by how much. If one really wants throw, and I do mean throw, The JetBeam has that.

For what I use the headlamp for (and I never used any until recently) I like the H02 with the TIR. With the H02 I can light up a fairly large area a good 40 feet away and still have nice smooth light up close. Considering that my arms cannot reach that far it works well for me. I have never used mine outdoors so I am limited on what I can offer. Kronological on the other hand does have outdoor experience with his and may be able to answer that.

Another note that I need to mention is that my coworkers that are using the Skilhunt prefer the H02R. At $34.29 for the H02 and $37.49 for the H02R...one can buy both and unload the other if they so chose because they are so inexpensive that even non-flashlight people go for them because they double as flashlights (with pocket clips) and work lights with the magnetic base.

Ordered one H02 in NW.
I look forward to get it, I’m very attracted by the TIR optic setup and hope it provides wide flood.
Thank you for arranging such a great coupon Bugsy!

I took a comparison of the two in this thread Looking for two headlights: hiking, camping, ...

I’m not sure what you are doing but the throw of the H02 is better than I expected and with great flood. I think if I had to have gotten just one the H02 would have suited my needs as a headlamp best.

Thanks bugsy and msg for the replies, I think I’ll go with the H02, it has a lot more flood than the R but still should have enough reach for my usage of it.

Wait:

Order Date Feb 06, 2015 03:01:06 AM

Order Status Processing

???
is it normal it takes so long? it was for one H02 NW… do the other people that ordered in the last days have them shipped? i’m a bit worried now that i know the deal was supposed to be over :s

s.
i’ve check on my card and they have already charged the amount though…

It takes at least a couple of days (sometimes more) to show shipped. It isn't a scam. People are still ordering and receiving their lights.

I’d recommend lumodrv driver from blf member Dr Jones. I have two custom nichia headlights, a single and a triple, both with his momentaty driver in them. It’s a wonderful ui for a headlight. quick access to moonlight from off, reprogrammable modes that can be accessed by double triple quad clicks if desired, smooth ramping. Battery level indication. I like it better than zebralight or armytech. It’s the best ui for a headlight in my opinion.

I was a little bummed I got the cool white H02 before the NW was available. Then I remembered I had a unused XM-L2 T5 5A2 high cri emitter and decided to install it. Man I really love this headlight as a host. So much easier to mod than the Ultrafire UF-H3D and the UF-H6 lights I had done before.

This H02 has a little shelf for the led which is part of the body. Great for getting the heat from the led out to the body to dissipate. In my other builds I run them as mules with no reflector or optic at all. Its great for nice wide pure flood for up close work, but at the cost of no throw. I think I’ll run this one with the optic as an outdoor headlight. I compared the beamshot to my Armytek Wizard Pro Hi Cri and it is about the same. The honeycomb pattern on both optics look about the same also. The wizard has always been too warm for me and they seal it up like a bank vault so I haven’t been able to get the bezel off to swap that emitter.

These are great headlights at an amazing price. With a little work you can mod them to fit your tint and UI preference.

I couldn’t resist. I had to get another one. I’m loving the 5A2 xm-l2 I installed, the driver is next.

Thanks bugsy36 for organizing this amazing deal.

Also in the OP.

Vendor states that GB and codes are still in fact still effect because it has done better than originally expected.

I thought it would be over but as long as they are selling they are keeping the codes active.

Now I have to buy a few NW.
Please PM the codes - thanks bugsy36

Don’t have the experience of using Dr Jones’ firmware.
I program my own firmware for the headlamps
(& other e-switch flashlights which I don’t like their UIs).
Since they have all the same firmwares, their UIs are the same,
and I don’t have to fumble around that much when I grab a headlamp/flashlight to use.

The UI is based on OLight & Armytek lights, and very simple.
Modes are arranged as : L1 -> L2 -> M1 -> M2 -> M3 -> H1
L1&L2 are moonlight modes, M1,M2&M3 are normal modes, H1 is turbo mode.

• Single press will turn on/off the light, and it starts in the last mode before off.
  • Press & hold will change the mode M1~~M2>M3M1~~>…
  • From off, press & hold will start in moonlight mode L1.
    Press & hold again will change the mode to L2~~M1>M2M3~~>M1->…
  • From either on or off, double presses will put the light in turbo mode,
    and when the timer expires, M1 is selected.

In any mode, when the battery voltage has dropped below certain level,
the mode will be changed to the one before to reduce current being consumed,
and if that doesn’t improve the current, mode will be reduced again,
until light is off. M3~~M2>M1L2~~>L1->OFF.

I understand. I myself have 3 H02s of different tints & emitters.

Ordered a NW H02; hopefully it ships before CNY.

Might put a 4000K XPL in it if the stock tint ends up being 5000K.

Order Status:
Shipped out

YAYYY!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Please PM details for HO2.
Thanks

sigh… just can’t stay away from BLF… ordered 1 H02
although at this price I’m also tempting to get H02R too :bigsmile: