G'day from Australia

Great to have another Aussie on board. Enjoy, and keep an eye out for Vinh lights. Something for you to look at after enjoying some stock lights.

Thanks again guys, great feeling here. Vinh’s lights look pretty awesome, they must be one powerful unit!

Nice, Stayed on some stations north of Julia Creek a while back, not quite your way but fantastic country.

Well that’s mankind advancing on the wild… Happening everywhere. Yeah we can see the milky way pretty clearly when it’s about, I try not to take things like that for granted. I agree an unpolluted sky is a treasure, but it’s no coincidence we’re out here :wink:
Well I’ve got a 6’ bed lathe at work (40m from the house), and someone gave me a much smaller lathe which I’m yet to commission at home. So yep I’m only limited by my imagination (and that of the forum’s!)

Advice: stay away from this (^) dude. He’s one sick bastard! 0:) Oh, and keep him away from the sheep, too…

Sorry Texas. I'm not a Kiwi. Sick yes. Wanna pay my medical bills. Bastard, according to my adult children yes. Ask me and I'll tell you I'm a tough bastard.

Wedgetail, if your into things that go bang texaspyro is your man.

Please keep us updated on your machine work. Theres a thread somewhere about what your doing in the machine shop. Here it is.

Welcome to BLF, wedgetail! :party:

wedgetail ; Hello and Welcome to the BLF ! :crown:

Thanks agin guys.

I find a few people get aussies and kiwis mixed up in the whole sheep love topic. Bloke I used to know in the UK was always cracking sheep jokes at me and I had to keep pointing out I wasn’t a kiwi :wink:

You I’ll keep you updated, however after having a look at that thread I’m embarrassed to show my work - the bar is set very very high! Not sure I’m quite up to some of it…

Hello and Welcome to the BLF !

rayus_susan@yeah.net

Alls good on the machining side. We can all appreciate the efforts put in. I started by buying a AA host first and put a driver and led in it to build my first light to give me an idea on the basics on how a light worked and what went into it. I gave it to my mum. After that it just snowballs.