Gearbest New Deal for LED Light Bulb @$2.99 USD for 3W, $9.59 for 10W

Not going to bother making a claim. I just grabbed one to try out and eventually put to use as display case lighting.

mine didn’t arrive, and I am on the 42nd day (like most of us, I suppose). paypal claim opening in two days

Gearbest, its day 45 for me and still no bulb. Any ideas?
Order number: WW1405301101587819

I’m still waiting as well, it was shipped June 4th.

Mine arrived on Saturday (day 44, I think). I thought it was OK - it came on when I plugged in a light briefly - but when I tried it at night, the remote doesn’t really work. It will sometimes switch off, but then won’t switch it on again. It only seems to work in one mode - a quick flash through red - green - blue.

Shame really, I thought it might have been a useful little toy.

W1405280947587165
05/29/2014
00:47:58 AM
Edit:
The light showed up today
07/15/2014
It works fine - the remote works too.

I got mine today (the $2.99 bulb with remote) and it is pretty cool, if it holds up well, then it will make for some fun.

People need to know to remove the small sliver of clear plastic from the remote, that is there to prevent accidental battery discharge during shipping.

I got one of the 10w ones from a different seller. I find it to be a fun light, but it is not super bright. The remote works well enough, but there is no memory and the bulb starts alternating colors whenever you turn it on, so you cannot use it as a normal light most of the time unless you want to use the remote to turn it on and off.

PP dispute canceled… my package arrived. The light is far more than adequate for a night light and its a fun $3 spent. :party:

Tip for those with extreme limited range in their remote: swap the battery with a known fresh name brand cell. The chinese cell shows good voltage with my DMM but sags when in use. I swapped cells with a fresh energizer and now it penetrates a lamp shade to the light from at least 5 feet away.

Thanks GB!

Thanks FlashPilot for the kind info, I’m glad that you like this tiny fun toy, er is it a toy? right? 0:)

Thanks for the tip - I tried changing the battery (first thing I did was check the voltage, which I thought was OK), but I didn’t think about sag. Mine still has a mind of it’s own - the remote doesn’t do much, and the bulb just goes through the colours, no matter what button I press.

FP - what do the Flash Strobe Fade and Smooth buttons do on yours? They just don’t work on my one.

All the buttons work for me. They are all alternating colors with different lengths of duration and different transitions.

The remote seems to require a high constant voltage while the device is in use to operate properly. I have several from SMD strip light controllers, and none of them work properly unless loaded with brand new name brand cells. They also eat up cells quickly with any use. I soldered a CR123A 3.0V cell to a remote I use often to cure the problem. Double check your cell is inserted correctly and the packing insulator was removed from the cell cavity in the remote. The cell goes in the carrier smooth side down. If a new recent manufactured name brand cell doesnt cure the problem, you probably have a defective remote or light.

Flash & Strobe simply blink from one color to the next, with one mode having a quicker succession than the other.
Fade & Smooth have a fade style transition from one color to the next.

Thanks again FlashPilot. I tried with a 2032 battery - a little thicker that the 2025 that comes with it, but it did fit. Little difference. It comes on and changes colour, so maybe I’ll just leave it in a little lamp in the corner and switch it on manually and forget the remote.

Good try Woody. Yours is faulty so contact GB and see what they can do for you.

maybe they can ship a replacement for you. i have two bulbs and they both work with the same remote, so if the remote is faulty you could still make use of the bulb

Hi Woody,

Sorry for being late to contact you and do you mind to PM some pictures which shows that the issue of your bulb? And I also apply you for your order number, if you could PM me I’ll ask to reship a new one for you or return the payment for you.
Really sorry for the problem :frowning:

PM sent. Problem resolved - thanks.