GearWorst yah, they're that bad

May from Gearbest is working with me now through PMs. I believe that she will resolve this to my satisfaction.
It’s unfortunate that I had to rock the boat this hard for a lousy dollar.

Can you file a credit card claim?

I am going through something similar with banggood with the cometa LOL.

I had sworn off all overseas vendors about a year ago, but decided to try once more… had a few good orders before the cometa…

My fault really, I knew the risk and took it anyways.

Hi Couchmaster,
In my case a credit card claim would not be worth the hassle. The only reason I even stuck with the battle this long was strictly a matter of principle.
Jmpaul’s situation with the Cometa fiasco is far more worthy of an extended battle.

Hey, Gearbest Flashsale on UV Filters. 89 cents.
Anybody care to take a gamble that they will actually ship them?
Gearbest Roulette :money_mouth_face:

Filter Flash Sale

They still owe me two SingFire SF348s. Maybe I should talk to PayPal before it’s too late.

Enelooper,
I was getting nowhere until I put up this very negative post.

Avoid Gearbest post

It should never have to progress this far. Gearbests efforts to deny my $1.18 refund will likely cost them much more in sales and bad press.
If and when they refund my lousy one dollar, I will gladly post something positive about them.

I hear you. What’s worst about GB for me is that they won’t refund you the money. Instead they give store credit, which means you’ll have to buy from them again.

With BG, they were nice enough to issue a full PayPal refund.

Who would’ve guess, I just got home and opened the mailbox. There they were, two 348s from GB arrived, after 6 weeks. Both boxes squashed, one light completely out of its box. Whatever.

Enelooper, the God Of Lumens has smiled upon you. :slight_smile:

That’s not the only surprise, they sent me the WW version of the SF348!

Now I have three different tints of the same light!

WW version in middle, slightly shorter due to shorter tail cap.

I just received a carabiner from them that I bought, only because they claimed it was made from stainless steel.

What I got is a carabiner that’s clearly made from the same lightweight aluminum alloy that every other cheap Chinese carabiner I own is also made from. That’s not the only problem though, the threads on the gate lock are so oversized that the lock slides without turning, it wouldn’t stay locked. This is a cheap item I paid less than $2.00 for and they’re trying to make me jump through a bunch of hurdles to get a refund.

I haven’t bought from them in a very long time, I just had so many problems with them that every time I look at something they have, I always end up saying that it isn’t worth it to deal with them.

I go to their site and look at an item, and then I do that internal groan, and look for it somewhere else.

Well they did it. :money_mouth_face: a whopping one dollar and eighteen cents refunded to my PayPal account :money_mouth_face:
They also gave me 500 points worth $10.00!

I am happy with the out come and have to give credit to Gearbest for doing the right thing.
If others are having troubles with Gearbest, I would suggest that they at least give Gearbest a fair opportunity to correct their error before taking the Nuclear option like I did. If they continue to put ridiculous demands on you then don’t be afraid to post your experiences. You’re actually doing Gearbest a favor and giving them an opportunity to more clearly see their failures and make improvements.

Gotta go, 500 Gearbest points to burn :wink:

Spoken like a true gambler :smiley: Enjoy your next round of

:beer:

Martini,
I appreciate your post. We need more people to post dishonest ads. It will surely save someone the grief you are going through. Don’t give up just because its only $1.66. It can be very frustrating battling over such a small amount. They need to be held accountable for even the small stuff until they hopefully clean up their act.

Gearbest still owe me a $4.12 aaa flashlight :rage:
They say its out of stock and back ordered…really like that even only i was ordering that light?
Dishonest seller is what i hate

I’m sure in the Chinese way of thinking aluminum is stainless…that is, it doesn’t rust like steel would…therefore it becomes “Stainless”… :open_mouth:

Technically, aluminum oxidizes…so does real stainless steel, so does steel…
so I guess they Got Ya !.. :student:

They say its out of stock and back ordered…really like that even only i was ordering that light?

Their stock system has been crap for months. It seems they restock within a month, usually a week or two. If you don’t want to wait then open a ticket and ask for a Paypal refund. They’ll probably suggest gearbest points, just repeat PayPal Refund until they do it. Open a paypal dispute if they don’t.