Good flashlight

Agreed, the Thorfire S70 is a good value and its quality of workmanship is superior to the Trustfire.

The 3000-lumens Thorfire S70 output is about twice as much as the Trustfire TR-3T6 (1700 real lumens). It’s one drawback is that it takes 2 x 26650 batteries. Personally, I like this format - it gives me plenty of power and I like the heft. But others might find it too bulky or too heavy.
If you buy the S70, don’t forget to order the Basen 26650 batteries on sale via Freeme at the same group buy mentioned above by Troisanh.

The 2000-lumens Thorfire S50 is less expensive, has a smaller output, but has a more concentrated beam (throws farther). You might want to give this one strong consideration because it is powered by 2 x 18650, which makes it about the same size as the TR-3T6. If you already have 18650 batteries, that’s an additional cost savings.

Compared to the Trustfire TR-3T6, I’m sure that you would be happy with either one of these choices.

EDIT: It seems that the S70 has been very popular. It is no longer in stock: [reference link]

No the S70 throws further, the distances are mixed in the manuals.
The S50 is a beast as well, just somewhat lighter, more elegant and working on 18650 cells.

ENEDED and PM him for the code it’s a great deal!!

What makes you say that the distances are mixed up?

References:
http://www.thorfiredirect.com/ThorFire-S50-CREE-XHP50-LED-Flashlight-2000LM-Searchlight-Handheld-Torchlight-IPX8-Waterproof-Camping-Flashlight-for-Outdoor-Sports-(Up-to-700Yards-Beam-Distance)-p-130.html
http://www.thorfiredirect.com/ThorFire-S70-CREE-XHP70-LED-Flashlight-3000LM-Searchlight-Handheld-Torchlight-IPX8-Waterproof-Camping-Flashlight-for-Outdoor-Sports-(Up-to-550Yards-Beam-Distance)-p-127.html

Experience
Looking at a castle tower exactly 820 meters away through monocular in the dark
No light I don’t see it
S50 I don’t see it
S70 I see it.

I see.

It could be that the 700 yard rating for the S50 is correct, but the S70 rating is understated.

. . .

I think you’re eventually going to need one of these (some day). }:slight_smile:

Yes it is in transit

In the manual of the S70 it says 650m distance and it says 800m in my S50 manual
I contacted Thorfire about the mix up
The 800 metet mark is something I can really easy check, from the corner of our kitchen to the biggest tower of the Castle of La Rochefoucauld is 800 meters and from the terras where we sit in summer at the back the castle can also be seen but is 820 meters
They switch off the spotlights around 00 o’clock, ideal for me to try to reach it.

Guys, the S70 is sold out in that topic :-((

So, order the S50! :wink:

It is still far superior to the TrustFire TR-3T6 that you were looking at.

Or wait until March 12 for the next batch of S70’s to come in.

Reference: ENEDED - #828 by freeme

Thorfire should have waited a couple of months before introducing the S70, it kind of steals the thunder from the S50 that is a very capable and decent light.

Robo819’s video provides visual confirmation. See YouTube (Thorfire S50 starts at 1:45 mark, S70 immediately follows): https://youtu.be/ekODYmFdiUs

Reference discussion: Beamshots of 22 of my most used lights

1dash1, miller, the S70 does put out more light and does throw further than the S50.

The S50 is no slouch but the S70 makes a massive amount of light (both huge spill and throw) and it puts further downrange also than the S50 does. Niether of them are what I would call a true thrower , nor a true flooder , as they both have a floody / throwy type beam with a good mix.

Here the 2 are at the same distance (175yards), photo’s taken just 20 to 30 seconds apart.

S50 175yds

S70 175yds

Wait until the S70 is back in stock. It is a fantastic light. It's not perfect but it's close enough to earn my hearty recommendation.

I tested mine in my Integrating Sphere and it cranks 4,545 lumens @30 seconds. For throw I measured 104kcd @1meter (measured from 8.9 meters) which translates to 645meters.

Thorfire's output claims are far short for OTF lumens (3000 claimed) and also for throw (550m claimed). Output figures in the S50/S70 manuals is all wrong if they are claiming 600 & 800 meters for the lights. The S50 falls far short of the S70 in lumens and Lux and, IMO, the S70 is the better choice all around. I don't believe there is a better value on the market at this time.

Yes you confirmed my experience
Indeed a nice all round beam pattern for the both.

Do you agree that the S70 should have been kept under the wraps so we could have fallen for the S50 first?

Nah! If they did we wouldn’t be enjoying it now. Besides, there will be some people who find it too large to be convenient and want to use an 18650 only light.

Hi guys sorry for delay, I had internet issues and I couldn’t post before.

The S70 seems a excellent light, serious flooder with very good throw, based on last picture, the spill appears wider than tr-3t6.

So, about price, how much?

Information already provided to you: Good flashlight - #9 by troisanh

contact Freeme after reading this ENEDED It’s the GB8 listing. It is a monster.

Hi guys, I order the thorfire s70 but I got some issues with payment (bagood), I’ll try again with bank slip afternoon but a question came again…

After more than 7 months, a new better light release with the same range of price or little bit more?