Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Anyone care to explain for a newbie what it is that actually makes this such a great light?

Hard to manage with numbers like this as some people may want to delay actual purchase for some time due to financial reasons while others, such as myself, are not in the first 500 any way. I am willing to wait but will be a bit annoyed if the second batch of lights is released for me to buy before the first even sells out due to some of the first 500 delaying purchases.

Reserve the first 500 produced for the first 500 on the list for 48 hours then open up purchases to all. I doubt if we can get the vendor to check purchases against the list so that would mean either PMs to the listed folks for the first 500 or asking later people on the list to be nice and not purchase from the first 500 units untill XX date and time. Will it work? Would for me but not sure about others.

nisse;
Custom driver with higher than usual maximum output mode along with a lower than usual on budget lights low mode combined with the elimination of SOS and strobe modes which are useless to most people. This custom 4 level user interface is combined with a good throw single 18650 flashlight with custom “BLF Group Buy” markings per my understanding all for $20.

The original light with this styling, as pictured in the first post, was a titanium very limited production light that sold for several hundred dollars.

Yes:

-The unmodified version is an attractive designed compact little thrower that is build very well for a flashlight of this price. It has received two good reviews here on BLF

-The combination of modifications that will be done for the BLF-version are unprecedented for an under 20 dollar flashlight: AR-coated lens, led on a copper board with superior heat-transfer, more than 3A current through the led on turbo setting (usually it is not more than 2A, so less light), a custom user-interface that will not please everyone but is at least better than the stock UI, a nice BLF-engraving.

First and foremost, for BLFer, its special edition ~ the first groupbuy light that is ‘constructed’ with BLF logo

Secondly, for the price of $20, the specs are good as built ! 3A+ with built-in shelf (instead of drop-in/pill) for superior heat management
(for more information, please looks at the OP updated with finalized spec)

Young grasshopper this is not the first BFL light there have been many. In my eyes the best one so far was the BLF A8 and pulls about 2.8amps on high no step down and has a really low moon mode. 4 modes etc. Built in shelf.

It is much prettier than any other light. And it shines more than most other (unmodified) similar lights. And it is beautiful. And it comes in a gift box.

Did I mention that it's really good looking?

Any volunteers?

Whatever you'll come up with, whatever rules, who ever will contact all 500 entries,and follow up on payments and answering PMs is going to have sleepless nights..

Unnecessary hassle.. maybe they can wait till all lights are ready to ship..So everyone can just order at once..... but dividing into 2 separate groups of 500 and 200= disaster.

We are waiting for these lights already for many weeks, why not just wait another 2 till all are ready?

I don't really care if someone takes mine..and I have to wait a whopping 2 weeks extra. But some would go crazy.

And if I get all bitten by this, wanting the perfec mod spacing at a later state, is it possible to modify, does it take a flashlight pro or will intermediate willing to learn be sufficient for the job :slight_smile:

You can change the driver but it's harder as it a solid shelf and not a pill. Pills are so easy to remove and work on. They will probably sell the light without the driver and led for about $15.

Not really any different than a pill where changing the driver is concerned. De-solder the emitter, unscrew the brass driver retaining ring, pull out the driver. Where’s the hardship?

THE single most difficult part of changing out the driver is getting the wires through the holes. If you leave the wires long off the driver, this is not really a problem. I like to use longer wires, put the driver in, then cut the wires to fit on the star leaving no extra length. Taking the driver out after that and re-installing it with the short leads can be fun. :slight_smile:

And yes, it has been said that a host will sell for around $15. But why?

Where are you going to buy a copper star with direct thermal path, a premium emitter, and an AR lens all for $5? Not to mention getting the “BLF Special Edition” on one side and Eagle Eye X6-SE on the other?

For $19.99, this one is tough to beat.

Quite true. Whatever we come up with, there are bound to be hiccups and bound to be people unhappy about it. It’s human nature.

Just keep in mind that:

1) It is a $20 light (and a bad-a$$ one, at that).
2) There are many, many more pressing problems in the world in which you could volunteer your time to instead of wasting it by griping.
3) We are dealing with language barriers and mis-communication, and generally people half-the-way around the world and all the time delays that go along with that.
4) We are also dealing with a GB thread that is approaching 3,000 posts. There is NO WAY we can keep up with that, other review threads, another interest list thread, countless PMs, late-night skype sessions with China, pictures, emails, testing, etc., etc., etc.

Please be considerate and remember that there has been a huge amount of time and patience put into this by MANY gracious BLF members, Neal and Eagle Eye.

This light may not perfect. No light is to the true flashaholic :wink: . Expect hiccups…they will happen. When they do, please refer to the list above.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated!

Blessings,
krono

If there's ice cream in the freezer, you gonna wait?

And the big wooden spoon isn’t in the rack, Hell yeah I’m waiting! :stuck_out_tongue:

well spoken! Not sure if there is a solution available that cannot or won’t be hacked however (that would be feasible). We’ll find out soon enough.

Why worry about it? Its the internet, all you can do is ask that people please do what they said they would if you aren’t going to confirm or register them, and then there are still issues. I think a message announcing “order day and time” several days in advance and a limit of 5 per user would be the best you can really do. 5 limit would be good to prevent some “store” from grabbing a few hundred of them, and covers just about everyone’s announced buys on the list too. But with a Chinese company managing it, I expect they won’t get the message and just open up ordering when they feel like, just like how well they listen about drivers…

Theoretically it could be done.
Eg. Open a sub forum where only those in the list of 500 are allowed access.
Once having access to X6 GB thread the OP/Admin/Organiser would have a code like “GBSEX6BLF…followed by whatever number you are on the list.

That number would have to match the code typed by each purchase made, each code would be known by all 500 involved so if anyone were to make a purchase with a larger quantity than originally specified it could be easily traced to the specific buyer.

That way it would solve 500 PM’s having to be sent out, and making any “inncorrect” purchases public.

How many lights are needed for the second batch?