Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

You can change the driver but it's harder as it a solid shelf and not a pill. Pills are so easy to remove and work on. They will probably sell the light without the driver and led for about $15.

Not really any different than a pill where changing the driver is concerned. De-solder the emitter, unscrew the brass driver retaining ring, pull out the driver. Where’s the hardship?

THE single most difficult part of changing out the driver is getting the wires through the holes. If you leave the wires long off the driver, this is not really a problem. I like to use longer wires, put the driver in, then cut the wires to fit on the star leaving no extra length. Taking the driver out after that and re-installing it with the short leads can be fun. :slight_smile:

And yes, it has been said that a host will sell for around $15. But why?

Where are you going to buy a copper star with direct thermal path, a premium emitter, and an AR lens all for $5? Not to mention getting the “BLF Special Edition” on one side and Eagle Eye X6-SE on the other?

For $19.99, this one is tough to beat.

Quite true. Whatever we come up with, there are bound to be hiccups and bound to be people unhappy about it. It’s human nature.

Just keep in mind that:

1) It is a $20 light (and a bad-a$$ one, at that).
2) There are many, many more pressing problems in the world in which you could volunteer your time to instead of wasting it by griping.
3) We are dealing with language barriers and mis-communication, and generally people half-the-way around the world and all the time delays that go along with that.
4) We are also dealing with a GB thread that is approaching 3,000 posts. There is NO WAY we can keep up with that, other review threads, another interest list thread, countless PMs, late-night skype sessions with China, pictures, emails, testing, etc., etc., etc.

Please be considerate and remember that there has been a huge amount of time and patience put into this by MANY gracious BLF members, Neal and Eagle Eye.

This light may not perfect. No light is to the true flashaholic :wink: . Expect hiccups…they will happen. When they do, please refer to the list above.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated!

Blessings,
krono

If there's ice cream in the freezer, you gonna wait?

And the big wooden spoon isn’t in the rack, Hell yeah I’m waiting! :stuck_out_tongue:

well spoken! Not sure if there is a solution available that cannot or won’t be hacked however (that would be feasible). We’ll find out soon enough.

Why worry about it? Its the internet, all you can do is ask that people please do what they said they would if you aren’t going to confirm or register them, and then there are still issues. I think a message announcing “order day and time” several days in advance and a limit of 5 per user would be the best you can really do. 5 limit would be good to prevent some “store” from grabbing a few hundred of them, and covers just about everyone’s announced buys on the list too. But with a Chinese company managing it, I expect they won’t get the message and just open up ordering when they feel like, just like how well they listen about drivers…

Theoretically it could be done.
Eg. Open a sub forum where only those in the list of 500 are allowed access.
Once having access to X6 GB thread the OP/Admin/Organiser would have a code like “GBSEX6BLF…followed by whatever number you are on the list.

That number would have to match the code typed by each purchase made, each code would be known by all 500 involved so if anyone were to make a purchase with a larger quantity than originally specified it could be easily traced to the specific buyer.

That way it would solve 500 PM’s having to be sent out, and making any “inncorrect” purchases public.

How many lights are needed for the second batch?

I could be wrong but I don’t think any more are “needed”.
If you’re on the list, you’re getting one.

Which makes the situation of, a batch of 500 being made, only to start a second batch even though even before beginning there is an order of say 800 confirmed difficult to understand.

Especially since the spots numbered 498-501 are reserved by kst.

Are they going to mail him 3 lights, then 1?

Tehehehehe I like this code :slight_smile: Mind if we add a 9 after the 6… I think it would make the code complete!

Edit: sorry, I’m pretty sure I never grew up…

I am beginning to see why there is an aversion to running GB's for custom orders. Wow!

Everybody just needs to relax. There were not 1000 lights sitting there with BLF SE waiting for a driver. From I can see there is a production rate of 250/wk and I highly doubt that is the time to build the light. The laser engraving is and will be the most time consuming part of this manufacture because the laser must burn and fill in thousanths of an inch. Just do a search on youtube. I've run laser engravers. it is a PITA!

If anybody has comitted then they will get. Just yesterday many would wait additional time to get a 50lm medium now everybody is concerned about a two week difference.

The alternative......a non-refundable presale such as many have done...then sit and wait. I believe that everybody is doing the best that they can to get these running AND avoid the QC issues because everybody was in a hurry. It is doubtful that anybody's going to buy 100 of these and if they can...more power to them and congrats to Neal, Kronos, and all others concerned.

Here the facts...the unit is going to production. The first batch will be ready in two weeks and the next two weeks after and everybody that wants will be able to get. Get your money ready Because we are almost there and it will be worth the ride :)

I think that code is already reserved for the purchasing of green “Xmas trees”.

Ok. If you need the number to my shrink let me know. LOL. Looks like lights really do something for ya. LOL. (good one btw. :))

Thanks for the offer, but my shrink has a shrink… if that makes any sense. :slight_smile:

Much less concerning than a shrink that is his own shrink.

That would just be a man that talks to himself, and displays not being very good at his job or else he wouldn’t need himself any longer.

I’m in.

Name: shrike3612
Quantity: 1 CW and 1 NW, total 2 X6s.

Thanks

Please count me in:

Name: Strad
Quantity: 1 NW

Thanks!!!