Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

I agree with more modes in the lower output segment, because when it gets brighter, the difference seems less noticeable.

Cereal_killer in post #2578 says this:

For me, memory mode is kinda useless.
Just like djozz, I use my flashlight in different brightness level very often. So I need a certain that my torch will always start from X mode. With memory mode, I have to guess which mode was used the last time.

The reality of this thing is that it IS only a $20 light. If someone prefers different outputs then Rich can sell a driver for $5. Personally I find the levels to be very usable.

There is no way to make a light that will do everything for everyone. Initially this started with the object of getting this little light over 3A AND with BLF Special Edition on it - but now we have to start with the spacing and the levels. That stuff is all a waste of time that causes more and more delays.

Everybody knows the value of this light as it sits and everyone is welcome to change it to suit their needs as happens very often anyway.

Start taking money and shipping already (ok...on the 5th as per Krono)

Memory is a smart decision, since it makes several groups happy and solved several issues discussed earlier on: no moon vs moon people, always start moon people vs always start high vs always start low vs always start medium people. There may be more than the two of you who are unhappy with memory, but there are significant groups made happy by adding this, and since you guys can use your own memory, or just downshift to moon before turning off, or unscrew the tail cap, and belong to a group capable of installing a different driver, I’d say its a wise decision not to stall the group buy for your personal preference. Remember, 99% of people would probably change something for a “perfect” light, which this isn’t, its a “high output light good buy for $20”. Maybe likewise there should be made a “low output good buy for $20” somewhere, which this really isn’t. Without more modes, we aren’t going to “solve” this one either.

I’m not going to start another argumentation, and I also not asking to change anything.
I just wondering if I can disable memory mode by myself or not.

Any answer won’t change my decision to be in the list, because all of the features are beyond its price.

I’m not going to argue with you but i am going to point out that the problem of pleasing everybody is not the central issue here, its getting small changes made that improve the final product, memory could be designed to be there or not, solder a star to get rid of it, and modes are not wildly in disagreement, most people want a lower mode, and 3.5A is not widely in disagreement, the changes we want are just not accomplishable with the manufacturer.

I completely understand you point but that is my point - it is the understanding of the logistics. Not one of us can say, and there is plenty to support this, EE does not manufacture drivers. That would entail sourcing from a manufacturer that can sell the needed component at the needed price. Hell, for that matter why didn't we just ask for the BLF 17 FET driver? (No I am not asking but just making a point).

This light is only $20. If he proposed changes increased costs by $1 that could be an issue for the manufacturer and even the GB. That is illustrated by the number of people that were asking for hosts to save a few bucks. I am not the manufacturer but it is possible. Many will even argue that "I will pay more" but again how many argue over what something costs like a $1 more for a battery from Rich (RMM ) or Calvin (Illumn).

There is no way that this light can't make everybody very happy even if not 100% happy. 1000 people are not going to agree on something completely. Personally it has 99% of what I would want and that is more than good enough for me. I need at least 10 before Xmas and was getting ready to start working on stock units so I am ready to gratefully and graciously hand over my money to Neal (with thanks to all).

OP updated with list info…

Guys, i dunno what are you expecting for a 20$ fl…it great, and Krono and the rest put so much effort in perfecting it, thanks for that

I was wondering, will it appear in the site too? Cause currently that BLF version is out of stock- i mean, with a regular price, not the GB one

^ this = disaster.

If you happen to be in a time zone where you are 1) awake, and 2) not at work, you might stand a chance of getting one in such a free-for-all.

All it would take is one single person buying one more light than they had committed to in the first 500 to start bumping those high on the list off.

If extreme care is not taken this will end badly and not all of the justifications in the world can save it.

Please do not expect any group of human beings to behave better than you allow them to behave.

Anyone care to explain for a newbie what it is that actually makes this such a great light?

Hard to manage with numbers like this as some people may want to delay actual purchase for some time due to financial reasons while others, such as myself, are not in the first 500 any way. I am willing to wait but will be a bit annoyed if the second batch of lights is released for me to buy before the first even sells out due to some of the first 500 delaying purchases.

Reserve the first 500 produced for the first 500 on the list for 48 hours then open up purchases to all. I doubt if we can get the vendor to check purchases against the list so that would mean either PMs to the listed folks for the first 500 or asking later people on the list to be nice and not purchase from the first 500 units untill XX date and time. Will it work? Would for me but not sure about others.

nisse;
Custom driver with higher than usual maximum output mode along with a lower than usual on budget lights low mode combined with the elimination of SOS and strobe modes which are useless to most people. This custom 4 level user interface is combined with a good throw single 18650 flashlight with custom “BLF Group Buy” markings per my understanding all for $20.

The original light with this styling, as pictured in the first post, was a titanium very limited production light that sold for several hundred dollars.

Yes:

-The unmodified version is an attractive designed compact little thrower that is build very well for a flashlight of this price. It has received two good reviews here on BLF

-The combination of modifications that will be done for the BLF-version are unprecedented for an under 20 dollar flashlight: AR-coated lens, led on a copper board with superior heat-transfer, more than 3A current through the led on turbo setting (usually it is not more than 2A, so less light), a custom user-interface that will not please everyone but is at least better than the stock UI, a nice BLF-engraving.

First and foremost, for BLFer, its special edition ~ the first groupbuy light that is ‘constructed’ with BLF logo

Secondly, for the price of $20, the specs are good as built ! 3A+ with built-in shelf (instead of drop-in/pill) for superior heat management
(for more information, please looks at the OP updated with finalized spec)

Young grasshopper this is not the first BFL light there have been many. In my eyes the best one so far was the BLF A8 and pulls about 2.8amps on high no step down and has a really low moon mode. 4 modes etc. Built in shelf.

It is much prettier than any other light. And it shines more than most other (unmodified) similar lights. And it is beautiful. And it comes in a gift box.

Did I mention that it's really good looking?

Any volunteers?

Whatever you'll come up with, whatever rules, who ever will contact all 500 entries,and follow up on payments and answering PMs is going to have sleepless nights..

Unnecessary hassle.. maybe they can wait till all lights are ready to ship..So everyone can just order at once..... but dividing into 2 separate groups of 500 and 200= disaster.

We are waiting for these lights already for many weeks, why not just wait another 2 till all are ready?

I don't really care if someone takes mine..and I have to wait a whopping 2 weeks extra. But some would go crazy.

And if I get all bitten by this, wanting the perfec mod spacing at a later state, is it possible to modify, does it take a flashlight pro or will intermediate willing to learn be sufficient for the job :slight_smile: