Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Not that I couldn’t figure it out myself if I’m ever able to do one (that WAS the plan anyway) but what have you done for a pill in that beast?

I used scrap bits of copper to raise the 32mm board, 2 pieces of 1/4” thick and 2 sanded copper mcpcb’s. The next one I do, I’ll cut a solid piece of aluminum to completely fill the head, I’ll cut the shelf end down to fit into the star pocket and drill holes for the wires. I’ve ordered a 12” long 1.25” round bar in 6262 Aluminum just for this, the 3 optics I’d ordered came in today.

The ID of the top end on this X6 measures out to 1.25 with my digital caliper so the bar should fit without additional work, hoping it’s a snug fit but if not I’ll use some thermal paste to fill any gap, shouldn’t be much if there is. Ultimately it’ll work out to an aluminum heat sink right at 32mm wide and about 12-14mm in depth, should be plenty with the great cooling fins on this light.

I have a question. I know the answer must be somewhere in the 92 pages, but I don’t have the time to read every page.
The original spec of X6 has constant current regulation, so why does the final spec of this SE end up unregulated / direct drive ?

The list has been updated and reposted many times, specify one master list for people to check.

The good news is, so far Gj has been spelted korectly on all lists.

#75 and #76, Ray-o-Light is incorrect. #261, Ray-o-light is correct. I use a small case letter in “light”.

The current “Master List”
Sign-Up List - BLF Edition Eagle Eye X6 Group Buy

Now that’s! special :beer:

Guys, please delete me from the list, and give my spot to somebody else. I`m not interested anymore.

deletions? Right before blast off? Do they know something we don’t?

Yeah what’s going on?

Hello X6-SE GBers!

FYI, first run of 500 lights sould be ready any day now. I will update this OP in a few hours after I have confirmed some last minute items with Neal. I will also send out a PM with GB instructions to those that have committed to the first 500.

Please help Yourrid and post any changes on HIS thread (not this one). Watching two threads is way too tedious!

More details to follow very soon!

krono
(Also updated in OP)

Man, I just love this group buy and Krono and Friends! Can’t believe we got everything we wanted for the most part, and it’s still under twenty bucks! Are you kidding me?! What a deal for a BLF special edition branded light. Cheers gentlemen! :beer:

Well said! I think Krono hit a homerun on this group buy. This will become the new “gold standard” for a very long time.

My hat is off to Krono. I've done a couple small Group Buys and it's not for the faint of heart. Krono has very thick skin, to be able to put up wit a GB of this size. So, even though I don't want a light, I have to say thank you to Krono and the other members who have kept this trial by fire alive and working, despite people like me.

aL1 has said:

“Ditto, please delete me from the list also and give away my spot (#16)”

Please,
I take the spot (#16)

Thanks aL1

Thanks OL…very kind words.

“No one, after lighting an X6, puts it away in a cellar nor under a basket, but holds it in their preferred hand, so that those who enter maliciously may see the light and be blinded shortly before being sent to meet their maker.”

Uh, sorry, got a little carried away there…

Yes you did, though how traumatic could it be to be transported to a chinese factory to watch X6’s under construction?

It COULD be VERY traumatic!

But of course, you know good and well that is not the interpretation intended.

Order placed