Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Oh yes i can tell with a half drained cell lol

East-092? D.D…. not really one of my favorites, but surely your X6 will be much brighter now.

Whats the “this” in the picture? How much $? Where’d you get it? What is the output and modes and pwm? Please. :slight_smile:

THAT, is the BLF17DD FET driver. Pretty much direct drive and limited by the cell you choose. Better the cell, higher the output.

Hi,

FYI, the CW one I ordered got to Jamaica, NY today (shipped 11/9). The NW one (also shipped 11/9) is still at “Origin Post”.

Looks like the BLF17DD

Oops, beat to the punch.

I haven’t gone back through every post in this thread, but has anyone tried the driver that comes with this light with 2 x Li-ion yet?

yes, seems like it fried the LED
if i recall correct djozz did

##edit: there it is: Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Mine say the exact same thing. This wait is killing me!

My first one just arrived. On a fresh off the charger (4.20v) 25R I’m getting 3.07A, Gonna give it the benefit of the doubt and braid the spring right quick and report back…

edit: That netted me a .18A gain, up to 3.25A. I’m gonna be pulling the driver and installing a BLF 17dd V3.1 (gasp, but then it wont be a true “BLF X6-SE” any more, oh noes00!) but I am interested in this driver. I’m really wonder what, if any, similarities it shares with the LD-4b.

Just picked up all four of my lights from the post office. 2 CW and 2 NW. I must say that I am impressed with the quality of the build for $20. At work right now so I really can’t do much with them.

Just show them off to the reception desk lady!

Hi,

Thanks, but that link didn’t work for me. I think the individual comment links sometimes have problems as they assume certain # of posts per page, which can be different, so can you just post the comment #?

Thanks,
Jim

I think the only other person interested in lights is one of the maintenance guys, and he isn’t here today for some reason.

I’ve been able to get readings of 3.25amps but with a VTC5,20R—It drops like a rock—It’s like I’m using those laptop cells that taper off quick—Never seen this with these cells before—some serious resistance build up

@ ohaya her you go!

3 cool white arrived today Thank you very much to all involved with this group buy especially kronological :bigsmile:

First 2 NW arrived yesterday. Wow smaller than I expected but very pleased with them. Tape came off the boxes fairly well with hairdryer tip :slight_smile:

Thanks for that hint, it worked very good with a hairdryer and maybe one minute later I have a tape free box…
——

I haven’t read all the posts because this thread explodes every day…besides that someone mentioned that this could be a regulating driver(when I read some posts last time…)and it isn’t, If I plug it to a power supply it should increase drawn current if voltage gets lower(to maintain emitter current) but it doesn’t….if someone investigates how this driver works and has additional info we should make a new dedicated thread for it because it will get lost in this enormous thread.
———-

Mine arrived today, customs needed a invoice because it was declared low but also one of the bigger Chinese packages…so I had to email them the PayPal invoice and wait another two days for delivery…

It’s a very nice light, it feels and looks fantastic. The size is very comfortable and brightness is high for a unmodded single emitter budget light. The AR lens looks good and makes this feel and look entirely like a premium light. modes are good and ui works like it should.
Despite I like the BlF A8 and my M6 very much, I think that this is the best group buy light we had so far.

Thanks for this group Buy!

Will eagle eye use some of the things they did in this special version in the standard lights? Or was this a one time offer?

My CW one should be delivered today. The NW one has now departed from Flushing, NY on the way here :)!!