Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

These terms are also used in computer programming, though your right, chinese postage is random out

They send NW first and CW later.
Even using FIFO system, delivery depend on both parts, not just sender part and depend on carrier too. E.g. GB have tendency to using Netherland Post, so my package goes from China to Europe and back to South East Asia :~
It’s unusual to have different time because lack of available plane or waiting until have full cargo too, unless using their own dedicated transport like most of expensive package carrier like USPS/Fedex/TNT etc.
Other thing is postal svc. in destination country, I do believe not happen in US, but in my country, sometime airport handling taking too much time. Treatment for goods from specific country can be different too, due to tax treaty (AFTA), products in package coming here from China have different treatment to check based on rules of origin.

Ordered the same day I got the code… package still in china!

No one seems to be considering the delay due to customs. Some packages get opened and most get xrayed. I have had a package shipped to me a d it was at the airport inspection station for thirty days before a customs officer signed the paper work to release it. Ricin scares, the unibomber, illicit drugs, that’s what is certainly adding to the delay.

And as I have said before, during an international shipment, the packages officially arrive in the destination country only when they have been cleared by customs.

Glad to see I am not the only one when tracking it says it has not left china yet…

Seems like the manufacturer is here:

Calmaja;

Interesting statement if true as the shipping announcements from Banggood for both my orders arrived 1 minute apart according to the email time tags. No real evidence of when the items left BG. Their acceptance by China Post is shown as having been on the same date, 21 Nov., per tracking and about 35 minutes apart per the acceptance times listed by USPS tracking. I actually ordered fairly late as I was in the second group and waited until my social security direct deposit was in the bank on 15 Nov.

Based on available data from the tracking info the hang-up appears to be China Post for the second package.

Got mine, so impressed by the quality, so disappointed at the brightness. I’ll be gifting them.
Thanks for organising the GB boys, such a shame it didn’t turn out as expected. Seems like the 3 minute turbo timer isn’t required, hardly heats up at all.

+1. The build quality is fantastic, but it’s only slightly brighter than my Convoy C8 2.1A.
The brightness drop is also very steep. After a while, I can hardly see any difference between High & Turbo.
What IMR battery will be best for this ? Will it help the quick drop in brightness ?
How about Sony VTC5 ?

Why not just change the driver to the good ol’ 8*7835?
Very cheap and quick made

Will be doing this on mine 2, if they come… I’m guessing I’ll be getting a letter from customs - currently they pull everything out that seems to be a flashlight - there could be a battery in it…
60km drive and I only can get there on fridays because they work not so long…

Not all of us have the ability or patience to mod a light that was already supposed to be a hot rod out of the box.

Eagle Eyes X6 CREE XM-L2 U2 1A/3C 5modes LED Flashlight
SKU: SKU140055 Sold: 94
In stock , usually dispatched in 1-3 business days
Price: US$ 18.89

Remind me again what the difference is?

Standard crappy low/med/high/blinkers, no copper inside (in case you want to mod it), no AR lens, no BLF, probably even lower output, it lists 350 lumens…big difference there.

Plus, the retaining ring is fairly beefy. I'm not sure if a standard Qlite would be a straight drop in or whether the retaining ring would be chewing into some of the components.

I plan to look into this a little more but at the moment I'm thinking a single sided board is required.

Vedi qui http://www.banggood.com/it/BLF-Special-Edition-X6- CREE XM-L2-U2-1A3C LED …
Rame MCPCB con percorso termica diretta
Anti-Reflection Lens
Protezione contro il surriscaldamento
turbo (100), alta (71,4), la metà (25), bassa (5), la luna (1%)
nessuno stroboscopio-sos

So different driver again?

Who'd want 71% and 100% in the same light? Unless it's really 4 mode with a step-down?

Yes, different driver, and 4 mode with a step-down.

So I guess we need to wait until someone reviews this model?

With Cree quietly upping the Vf of the XM-L2, perhaps single cell hot rod lights are no longer practical. Well, not unless you invest in stupidly good batteries and work with a higher output runtime approximating that of a match.

On the positive side, perhaps will start to see some mainstream development in decent 2-cell drivers. At the moment, much of the innovation in this field seems to be coming from within this forum.

My stock X6 bought for $18.89 before the BLF SE's started shipping has a different designed tailcap. The BLF SE's tailcap is definitely better - longer, more knurling, thicker all around, higher clearance for the button - much improved. But for a $1 more, the AR lens alone is worth it, not to mention the copper DTP (Direct Thermal Path) MCPCB, and the better modes and more amps of the driver.

I did notice though the finish on the original stock X6 is a matte finish while the BLF SE's are definitely more glossy. I hope the quality of the finish is the same... It seems to be, but I sure ain't gona try to prove it by dropping mine from a car at 60 MPH Smile - I'll leave that to the braver souls (Dale) Wink.

Mine just got to the local customs center.

I plan on measuring current and otf lumen in my integration sphere when it arrives