Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Will check tonight. But it is a heck of a lot brighter, I did a ceiling bounce lux test, can’t recall exact numbers but from something like 440 lux stock to 620 lux direct drive.

Thanks i am very curious what it will be, we have seen so many different amp reading from different drivers, set ups and batterys on this light but never a DD one.

What do you think of the possibly of using a Quantum Tunneling Composite to make it in to a big twisty?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QTC-Pills-Quantum-Tunneling-Composite-pills-DIY-inf-variable-brightness-3-/381008511441?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item58b5e081d1

Well lets get honest here eagle eyes is making a light that is exactly like a convoy S2+.

and simon gets a red convoy s2+ in and is excited that he got a SAMPLE .... Minos has a nitecorn name and slaps it on an ennora? Ignorra ? firecorn ?? and says branding doesn't mean squat ..

Does anyone really think there are a bunch of companies in china with english names ?

If we had any sense we'd stop making BLF special edition lights ...instead we should have created a brand . 5 years later our lights would be nice enough to be putting serious pressure on the big boys ..Mr.Efin would be effin scared .

on a side note ..i hate this driver .. the spacing is pure unusable crap

nice light... stupid poorly thought out driver

sorry cabfrank .. the truth will set you free :P

This is the reason I bought a standard X6. At least then I can change the driver. I just don’t Trust some one in china enough to do it for me.

What’s more I have probably got a real eagle eye x6 and all the blf X6 were clones. Who knows?

Marc.

I am hoping when I get a soldering iron someday that a qlite driver goes in with no problems and the retaining ring does not get in the way

but in fact apparently three on the order page:

How many variations of these things did they make, again?
Is one of them “neutral”?

EDIT — according to BLF back in 2012 “A T6 4C doesn’t exist. If you want a 4C tint, you’d need to go to a T5 bin. Well, that’s what Cree says on their data sheets….” but others said, well, eventually it might exist.

Are we there yet? Apparently IntlOutdoor sells them on Noctigons now

You really need a single sided driver. The retaining ring does not like 7135’s on the back of a Qlite.

BLF17DD fits.

Ordered 2 Eagle Eye blf edition from the GB on 09Dec. Tracking shows nothing except that it has been “excepted” on 19Dec? What’s up?

That is pretty normal. China is slow during Christmas. Once it hits your country it should update.

Thanks

Just tested with a fresh 25R. My DMM reads 3.67amp vs 2.6’ish max on the stock X6.

I’ve been using mine lately. It’s a nice light (seems like it’ll replace my C8 for regular use), but it seems to have only two modes — low, high, high, and high with step-down to high.

The main thing I’d change about the host is to make it tail-stand better… it’s wobbly with a big head and two narrow flat spots on the tail.

After I get some stock measurements, I’ll probably change the lens on my NW model (get rid of the AR coating to improve tint), replace the CW emitter with a de-domed XP-G2 for throw, and maybe replace the drivers in both. But I’ve been lazy and it’s not a priority.

How much does it cost?

I have found the glass not to affect the tint much, in fact i would not know it was there if i had not read this thread and looked carefully at the glass

What is the final group buy tally?

You got it wrong, its: almost moon, low power light high, average power light high, with step up to…wait did it step up? Maybe I should check to see if I pressed it…yep went back down to almost moon so it must have been in turbo, OK cycle it up again…

Still like it though :slight_smile:

Personally the driver is ok with the exception of the mode spacing.

At the very least it has no visible PWM and has off-time memory.

Boaz, I appreciate it. :wink: Even though I am not exactly sure what you mean, I know you are right.

Thanks, i thought it would be higher……? still a nice improvement though. It is up to the Zeusray now then, to bad the latest Zeusray batch is total garbage :frowning:

I wonder what is holding it back? i thought a xm-l2 driven straight of the battery like the 20R, 25R on copper DTP with resistance fixes, would get to at least a FET driver level on amps or maybe a little more even.

Yeah I don’t honestly know. I don’t have any other XM-L2’s that I direct drive, so don’t have a comparison.

I’m happy to accept my DMM and leads may well be restricting this figure. But maybe the higher vf of these newer emitters is also a contributing factor. It does get toasty quick quickly now, so it’s certainly running hotter in every sense.

Yeah the new higher Vf is probably a factor, and probably your DMM also, i remember i tested my zeusray with very thick and short leads, to short to really be usable even so i broke my DMM’s amp function by a short, but before that i got 4 amps on a 20R on the zeusray of the old good stock.

So all this really only means that you possibly gets a little more maybe somewhere around 4A, the rest may be down to the vf.