Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Boaz, I appreciate it. :wink: Even though I am not exactly sure what you mean, I know you are right.

Thanks, i thought it would be higher……? still a nice improvement though. It is up to the Zeusray now then, to bad the latest Zeusray batch is total garbage :frowning:

I wonder what is holding it back? i thought a xm-l2 driven straight of the battery like the 20R, 25R on copper DTP with resistance fixes, would get to at least a FET driver level on amps or maybe a little more even.

Yeah I don’t honestly know. I don’t have any other XM-L2’s that I direct drive, so don’t have a comparison.

I’m happy to accept my DMM and leads may well be restricting this figure. But maybe the higher vf of these newer emitters is also a contributing factor. It does get toasty quick quickly now, so it’s certainly running hotter in every sense.

Yeah the new higher Vf is probably a factor, and probably your DMM also, i remember i tested my zeusray with very thick and short leads, to short to really be usable even so i broke my DMM’s amp function by a short, but before that i got 4 amps on a 20R on the zeusray of the old good stock.

So all this really only means that you possibly gets a little more maybe somewhere around 4A, the rest may be down to the vf.

Let’s not forget that the higher Vf emitters also have higher efficiency. So you get more light for less wattage. Don’t try to judge these things by amps alone compared to the older emitters. It’s like getting a new car that has better fuel efficiency and then complaining that it uses less fuel!

Yeah you are right they are more efficient also, but only up to a point.

As far as i know these new higher vf ones can’t be pushed as high (lumens wise) when running flat out because our batteries have to low volt in single batteries non boost lights to be able to supply the total watts because the lower amp.

Over 5 amp (or even lower) it think you lose maximum lumens when compared to the old ones or the high lumens bins XP-L V6, even if the new high vf’s have higher efficiency.

And his direct driven light is as flat out as can be.

Yes, I understand that there are drawbacks to the higher Vf of these emitters. I’m not saying they’re perfect or even good at all for what we’re trying to do. I just wanted to make sure people understand that amp draw doesn’t tell you anything compared to the old emitters. In other words, it’s not a good way to compare the old with the new.

This wait is painful. Especially since people have gotten theirs month ago. It literally is on a slow boat from China. :confused:

They are promoting this right now.

With over 1000 units sold it is proven to be very popular and with the new triple and quad builds even more so yet.

The only concern is that unless purchased from a known source there will eventually be inferior builds floating around. The several that I gifted are real...my personal lights are real...just need to order a few hosts or stock X6's and I am set :)

Anybody that may have concerns about future quality needs to buy now while we know what is in the pipeline.

Hopefully RMM gets the remaining parts from the supplier so he can also sell complete single emitter lights.

I hope someone is going to keep track and be willing to red-flag fake “BLF Special” lights as they appear.

That label is probably going to start showing up on all sorts of things, applied by people for whom it’s just funny looking icons that mean “people buy this” …

There is no way we would be able to keep up with that. It will eventually become obvious when the stuff starts selling for $9.99 and those that thought they were being smarter than the rest start complaining. A perfect example is the Ultrafakes that try to resemble the S2 for $7.99...utter junk.

Bottom line...want to legit Eagle Eye...buy from Banggood.

Plus as far as the Tmart listing...they may have just poached the photos but are not sending the actual X6-SE. On the other hand, Banggood DOES have the right to wholesale or dropship any excess inventory to any online vendor which sounds like good business to me.

> Banggood DOES have the right to wholesale or dropship any excess inventory to any online vendor

Which means even if Banggood were to certify specific other vendors received some of the real thing, there’s no way to know who’s lying about what they’re selling.

Well, imagine my surprise.

The concerns of a few little flashlight users mean nothing in this big, crazy world of fakery:

https://www.google.com/search?q=counterfeit+parts+aircraft+nuclear

Absolutely right. Counterfeiting is a big business and no different in China than it is anywhere else. If they clone this X6, so be it. It has been proven to be popular like the C8 has been...or possibly was.

A datapoint for those still waiting for their order:
I ordered a third light on 12/8. Tracking read “Origin Post Preparing Shipment” starting on 12/22. I just checked though, and as of today, it has been received by and departed the USPS facility in San Francisco. I should have it in Seattle by early next week.

Final wave X6 finally arrived!

Shipped 12-16, arrived 01-08

Why does the older light look about 25% smaller, its only a few inches further away

wide angle distortion. it is the basis of trick photography.

:cool:

I have seen wide angle and fisheye lens photographs, they are easily recognizable