Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

That’s what you call perspective :stuck_out_tongue:

With a good lens, and selecting the center of the image, you don’t see the “barrel distortion” that clues you in it’s a very wide angle.
All you see is a center foreground surprisingly larger than the remainder, if you know what the actual scale is.

Ever notice how every human being who uses a webcam or other closeup camera for a full face shot has a huge nose?
We almost get used to the distortion.

But take that picture, and then take a portrait picture with a moderate telephoto (more like how we see one another across a room)
and compare the appearance.

Did you use a specific lens or software to create this effect?

I do not actually, my camera has a built in 25mm wide angled lens due to being a superzoom, so it naturally does the photo trick. It's the Panasonic DMC-FZ47K

Here the Convoy S2 is bigger than the X6 ;)

Interesting, btw for biking how would you rate the S2 compared to the X6 compared to a C8?

I find the S2 in the sweet spot. The X6 and the C8 are a tad too heavy (added stress to one side of the mount from because of the head) while the S2's tube form factor has nice weight distribution. I have a dedomed XM-L2 and a domed one and the combo is pretty good.

Interesting, is your cycling in the city (streetlight), country (no streetlights) or both?

I missed out on the group buy; so after reading the reviews I wanted to order one. I used the link in the OP but according to Banggood the coupon code has expired. Am I out of luck?

It's a little combo of the two, since there are patches in my city where the road lighting is just terrible (or no lighting at all). But most of the time I'm in the suburbs, so I always have the light on medium and then pump them to high whenever I hit that bad patch of lighting.

But not too derail the thread too much the X6 will make a great helmet spot light thrower since it's definitely lighter than a C8. I prefer a spot light on the helmet and flood on the bars, but I know people who prefer the other way around. However right now I have two HD2011s on my helmet, but I will try the X6 soon :)

The way i see it the GB is over, so derailing is no big deal now, i’m interested in no streetlight bicycle lighting so its good to know how well the S2 would work

Yep, I’m afraid so.
Have to pay the 28.50 which is still a very good price for the light.

I would apologize for others who lack manners, but they would jump on me for being presumptuous.

Chose your favorite from below.

“A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters.
A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.”
Robert A. Heinlein

Good manners sometimes means simply putting up with other people’s bad manners.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

You can get through life with bad manners, but it’s easier with good manners.
Lillian Gish

Good manners are appreciated as much as bad manners are abhorred.
Bryant H. McGill

A man who pretends to understand women is bad manners. For him to really to understand them is bad morals.
Henry James

http://www.tmart.com/BLF-Special-Edition-X6-Upgraded-CREE-XM-L2-U2-3C-1198LM-LED-Flashlight-with-Strap-Black_p310494.htm

So I accidentally ordered 2 of each CW and NW so if anyone wants one of either let me know and I can pass one along. If not ill be gifting them out this year

pm sent

Most of the quotes in your post made sense, but I have no idea what this one means.

Geneticists have measured many DNA samples, and they found something interesting: There is more difference between individual humans than there is between an average human and a monkey.

Different people are different. Really, truly, profoundly, vastly different. Not because of gender or race or creed or whatever, but simply because of being people. Especially in terms of what goes on inside the brain.

It appears to be an authentic BLF Special Edition. :bigsmile:

I just threw in the Henry James quote because I thought it was funny.
There were 213 quotes in 8 pages and I just chose a few off the first.

On topic. I just got my first 2 X6’s today. Ordered 1 CW, 1 NW, received 2 NW.
Both boxes have the same SKU. Is this normal.
I want my CW.
Any one else have this problem and have a solution?

I missed the GB but was lucky enough to get in on the coupon. Tracking says my light is still in China but hopefully I’ll have it in time for spring.

Good Day Down_South, :)

Yes, all the 3 different tints have the same SKU, but if You look at the Banggood SKU sticker You will see the tint specified.

For the Warm White: SKU160449 T6-4C

For the Cool White: SKU160449 U2-1A

While the NW has: SKU160449 but the tint specification is in chinese

Best Regards,

George

I have 2 NW U2-3C then which I thought.
Gonna exchange 1 with my brother who prefers the NW.
Thanks for the help.