Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

No use, give in. In for 1.

[quote=DavidEF]

[quote=kronological]
07/24/14

I had a rather long skype chat with Neal last night. We are still hammering out the details and awaiting answers from Eagle Eye on some questions. Hang in there…

if u had a looong chat with Neal last night, can’t you please feed us one small morsel from that conversation :wink:

The stock brightness is given as 350 lumen. Isn’t that rather way low for XM-L2 U2?

[quote=saypat]

[quote=DavidEF]

Well…one reason it was looong…is that there is a slight language barrier. Many times we have to get clarification from eachother. And I am sure Neal has other work duties as we chat. Nevertheless, here are a few things we are working on:

Copper MCPCBs…they have found a source. Trying to find out if they have a direct thermal path.

Possibility of AR lens.

Also looking at amps/turbo mode/stepdown concerns.

Remember that this is still preliminary…so take that for what it’s worth. :slight_smile:

Resistance is futile.

[quote=kronological]

[quote=saypat]

As more and more little details come through, I feel the need to commit to more and more of these already. I’m holding at a guaranteed two lights, but the money is burning a hole in my pocket!

[quote=Yourrid]

[quote=kronological]

Isn’t that truth. I am new at the flashlight game but having looked and looked at all of the various available units (premium and budget) this particular unit stands to be heads and tails (pardon the pun) above the rest!

To make it worse, you get a bad taste in the mouth.

[quote=kronological]

[quote=saypat]

I'm not taking part in this GB, but it may be worthwhile to confirm that the mcpcb is actually copper and not Chinese "copper" (i.e., brass... does a brass mcpcb even exist?). In any case, it's looking to be a really interesting light.

A few measurements indicated it was around 600 otf stock iirc. A bit under driven at ~2-2.3A, which is why there was a substantial push for 3+ in the BLF edition.

Hope with the group buy’s supposed 3.5A, there’s substantial increase to like 1000 (?) lumen.

[quote=kronological]

[quote=saypat]

Do you have any idea of what the final price would be with those upgrades, kronological?

Not yet…but I’m working on it.

[quote=bugsy36]

[quote=Yourrid]

Moreso because of krono’s negotiations. This is more and more really becoming a “BLFish” light, with the higher current, and potential AR lens, copper pill, AND maybe even a BLF logo ;)!!

One way or another…

In for one

One more to add

The cheap copper stars commonly used now do pretty good at 3 - 3.5A shown here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/25978. No, no such thing as chinese copper (brass) MCPCB's - never seen or heard of one at least...

Im in for one in NW. Would love to have BLF logo too. And with a non-glued head if possible.

I hope to one day see the 3 flashlights pictured on top of the main page of BLF changed to show these various BLF edition flashlights. Not sure how many BLF edition flashlights exist out there. I can only think of the Starry Light SA-22.

It’d be nice if they could throw in a free lanyard. I like lanyards on my lights (Nitecore/Jetbeam lanyards are the best - don’t like Sunwayman where they put a metal clip on theirs). Also, the X6 does the lanyard hole correct with two holes to thread your lanyard in one and out the other.

Sorry for the BG pic/advertisement, but it showed what I wanted.