Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

At 3.5A on an XM-L2 U2 1A we can expect ~1200 lumens. 80% of that is 960 lumens, or a difference of 240 lumens. Fairly substantial difference if you ask me.

That said, I’m not fond of step down in a driver. If it needs steppin down, I’ll click the switch. If it’s stepping down on me on it’s own, it gets pulled out and replaced.

I'll wait for the final price including a review maybe? Why should 200 people jump if nobody actually knows what we are getting?

Well, because we will not get it if not 200 people jump :-D

(we do almost know what we are getting, the light is reviewed well before the GB, unlike some otherGB's before)

I am committing based on the reviews posted on this forum. This light will be different by own requests (all the same) to the manufacturer. Based on the estimated outputs I am still in.

I just want the damned host to have "BLF Special Edition" etched on it and the same driver as reviewed. Easily modded into a monster. I'm easy that way and just want the darned thing in my hands yesterday. :P

+1 I really dont want a turbo timer. Like DBCstm said, most of us are just going to take it out anyways. Which is a waste considering we will probably be paying extra for them to put it in there (albiet not much but still)

Add me to the list too… Thanks to Kronological for all the effort.

[quote=JohnnyMac]

I just want the damned host to have “BLF Special Edition” etched on it and the same driver as reviewed. Easily modded into a monster. I’m easy that way!!!
Well maybe the first part!

OMG :open_mouth:
nice job krono :smiley:
such a smooth negotiator :heart_eyes:

Not too much worried about the driver. If I don’t like it I’ll swap it out.
Chances are I wouldn’t have it in high very long anyway.
The latest description is better than stock.
Personalized UI’s should be ordered from members that can do that.
Keep up the good work Krono.

The Eagle Eye X6 with BLF17DD FET driver, Efest 35A 18650 pulling 6.62A for 1556 OTF lumens from a de-domed XM-L2 U2 on Noctigon, 82.75 Kcd translating to 575.33M throw.

This is why we all want one (another one).

Well I’ve got some bad news guys, the light is NOT water resistant at all in stock form, at the very least it needs another o-ring for in front of the lens, I’ll have to see what else it may need after that. Can anything be done about that at the factory level (like getting that extra o-ring added)?

would you mind posting a picture about it?it using a red o-ring isn’t?
might as well inform this to neal at banggood to contact the manufacture to solve this matter :~

In for one. 3 mode, no strobe would be my preference. H-M-L or L-M-H. Thanks!

Since many are talking against the turbo timer, I just wanted to say that I do like it.
With the timer I’m not THAT afraid of lending the light to my friends and family if needed. I know some of them would just crank it to the turbo and leave it there.
I would rarely use it at turbo for over 2 minutes anyway (and surely that 2min timer can be reset if really needed).

Remember that it is the turbo timer that made the manufacturer agree upping the current to 3.5A, without the timer current would be lower.

With the timer I get to replace the driver with a high amp version
Without the timer I get to replace the driver with a high amp version
Either way I get a new driver full of parts for the parts bin! :slight_smile:

Interesting find on the water ingress. Not sure that matters much to me personally, but I’m in a dry/no rain climate so…
Might have to shoot some silicone on the lens when I’m done tweaking, just to make sure it’s good to go swimming or whatever.
Thanks for the heads up…

I thought I remembered the reflector being stuck in the head by the o-ring, so I opened mine up and checked it out. The reflector has an o-ring groove at the top, so that it seals firmly against the glass lens. BUT, there is no seal between the aluminum bezel and lens itself, so water can get into the light around the lens and behind the reflector! So a bit of silicone adhesive or a thin rubber or silicone flat gasket between the lens and bezel would seal it up.
Thanks for the water resistance look, and for making me take a closer look. :wink:

So last night the light was only under water about 30-45 seconds and leaked (more than a few drops, there was standing water covering the inside face of the lens about 1mm deep). Today I took it apart and found a matching diameter but slimmer black o-ring and I had planned on using one on each side of the glass but it messed with my emitter focus which I worked hard on so I ended up removing the inner ring all together, there is now one black o-ring between the glass and the bezel and it was bone dry after an 11 minute dunk test fully submerged. (5min bezel up, 5min bezel down). The red stock one would probably be fine on the front of the lens too, anyone want to confirm?

What I had hoped would fit (may fit stock but both my bezel and reflector are slightly modified

New black o-ring in front of glass, I like the cleaner look!

FWIW underwater beamshot the redneck way (aka the creek and my phone in a ziplock bag)

Sounds good! Waiting on a paycheck (tomorrow) anyway, so no hurry (until tomorrow! :bigsmile: )

Paypal is primed and ready, but take your time :slight_smile: