Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Wow, 322 and still going! Neal may want to consider getting more than only 500 units! This GB is running away!

Nice to see the final features come together :slight_smile:

I’m in for one, CW :slight_smile:

I knew this wouldn’t have an electronic switch, but I love how some lights have hold for moonlight and double click to turbo from off.

Blah, I might need to reconsider this if the mode memory has really been removed, since the modes go from moon—>turbo.

I only take medium sized light like this with me when I need a bright light. And when using that bright light, I don’t want to press the button 5 times to get it fully “on”.
If I want to use a light mainly on low output, I will only take an small AAA light with me, not one with 18650.

Maybe there could be options with different mode sequences or with/without memory? I would gladly give up the option of selecting tint, just to get option of selecting UI I like.
Or maybe there could be some solder-a-star -kind of function programmed in to activate the memory?
Anything to have an option of having the light to come on full power with just one click, please.

Mode memory hasn’t been removed AFAIK, it just never existed in this light, and so far they haven’t added it. Remember what we ARE getting though - for around $20! Re-read the OP for details. I prefer mode memory or no modes/single mode versus having 5 modes to click through every time without memory, like you said. But, this light will still be useful to me.

Hi,
Currently #30 on the list. Would like to add 3 more NW, for a total of 4 NW.
I would also like to add a vote for mode memory. Either way I’m in.
Thanks!

This sounds like a must have flashlight. Is it necessary to sign-up now, or can it be purchased when they are ready?

Also, probably a silly question, but does anyone have a guess as to how much brighter the 1A will be than the 3C?

Thanks.

Updated to this point in post#901

BG sold 886 Convoy C8’s. By the time this light is ready they’re gonna need 1000 X6s

Yes someone will always not be happy with something, and I realize we can’t get everything we’d like, however I hope you could at least ask for the possibility of mode memory. For more than a few, moonlight always first is an annoyance, memory solves this issue for almost everyone except maybe djozz. Moonlight is great for those occasions you need it, always being forced to start in it is just annoying, and I really would like to buy this light for a few more people who would greatly prefer memory. I’m certain this preference is not limited to me, two people I know (out of 3 who I want to buy for) and several people speaking out on BLF who feel that being able to start in something other than moonlight would be preferable…run addition of memory by them, pretty please! :slight_smile:

Stock X6 has off-time mode memory (~3 seconds).

Krono said the BLF edition will not have the dreaded next-mode memory, but afaik hasn’t specified what it will have.

I only want 1 mode…RETINA SEARING FACE MELTING MODE PLEASE!!! >)

Howdy everyone! :slight_smile:

I am really pleased with the excitement surrounding this GB! This has been a very interesting and educational experience, and I hope it culminates with a light that everyone can appreciate and consider worthy of their collection.

Regarding Mode Memory:
I realize I have not said too much on mode mode memory. It has been on purpose. I have been avoiding this because I simply do not have the time for the countless lists of pros and cons for everyone’s favorite form of mode control. So…don’t take it personally if I have not responded specifically to your input on this subject. I value and like the input, and especially the passion (after all…we are flashaholics), I just haven’t the werewithall to handle the hundreds of posts and the plethora of PMs that have come my way. I hope everyone understands…I have to have time to work and at least spend SOME time with family before they think I have totally gone off my rocker! Lol…

Anyhow…the samples we have coming to us do not have mode memory. They start L>H. However, that doesn’t mean that I can’t change it. Everybody chill and wait for unknown00101, Johnny Mac, DBCstm and I to evaluate the samples, and we will make changes if necessary.

Thanks again for all the interest and passion for this light :exmark:

Blessings,
krono

Thanks for update krono :slight_smile:

I hope that the mode memory can still be added, surely it cant annoy that many people.
And since the idea behind having no mode memory must be that the light always starts on the same mode no matter what mode you last used, maybe the firmware could be programmed so that the first mode could be set(programmed) through a series of many fast clicks (or some timed clicks, or after cycling all the modes few times, or something else you wont do by accident.). Are the Eagle Eye programmers up for a task like that? :stuck_out_tongue: That way everyone could start on the preferred mode all the time, and everyone would be happy, right? :slight_smile:

Currently #59 on the list, pls add one more NW, total 2 NW.
Thanks!

Added :wink:

Hi Johnny Mac,

Please update mine to CW #74 HHCC.

Thanks ya.

Count me out if there’s no mode memory or Lo to Hi. Anybody wants moon with this light, get a AAA light.

I can see his point, but if I was in his situation I would just click to moonlight when done instead of after turning it on
and the light would then come on in moonlight mode. Usually the same # of clicks, just at a different time.

Usually time to do that when done using a light. Not always time when starting it and need it on high right NOW.
Security, etc.
Not that hard to train yourself to select mode after use and you also have a much more flexible light.

i know the idea is to not have to mod this flashlight at all, but if there were mode memory, can’t you just draw a couple of lines with a pencil on the capacitor to remove the mode memory?
that’s how we usually remove the hated next mode memory, and it’s very simple!